The online racing simulator
svchost.exe taking all my CPU
(33 posts, started )
Quote from rc10racer :Not sure if this has been said before but you can see what processes are under which svchost.exe, rightclick on any off them then click on Go To Service(s). Don't see the point in all this arguing because if there is ram avalible it will use it but when you use a program which demands alot of ram vista will give it back to the programs which need it most.

Wait...what? I missed an argument somewhere? Ugh, I always miss the good shiznit....
Quote from rc10racer :Not sure if this has been said before but you can see what processes are under which svchost.exe, rightclick on any off them then click on Go To Service(s). Don't see the point in all this arguing because if there is ram avalible it will use it but when you use a program which demands alot of ram vista will give it back to the programs which need it most.

Yes, you can just rightclick on svchost.exe in the task manager and click Go To Services(s) to see what's under that instance. However, this only works on Vista.

As for the RAM, considering that the program that uses the most RAM in any Vista based computer is Vista itself, it probably is trying all the time to redirect all the good yummy RAM to itself! Zomg!
Just managed to shut down Windows Defender for good. It was 80% of my problem I think cause now my FPS is back over 60FPS but I'll still have to see if there are other applications that I could definitively block.
The blackviper site is pretty good. It describes in basic language what each service does, and recommends settings for each. I use it quite often when setting up a new pc. He lists the defaults so you know how to set everything back to normal again.
I managed to shut down Windows Defender but now I think it's using Windows Update to piss me off. Just look at the attachment. Will I have to close EVERY Windows service before this stops?
Attached images
again.jpg
Here are the processes that are behind the 130 000kb svchost.exe. I tried to kill some of them, but I would like to know which of those I can definaly turn off. I'm trying to figure out what are their name in the service boot page but they are different!
Attached images
brreeee.jpg
Can you please stop using the piece of crap that is task manager, and download and use Process Explorer instead, as it allows a load more options, graphs and stats

BTW, when my laptop's svchost.exe decided to use loads of cpu (XP), then it was time for a reinstall
lol ur funny I just bought my laptop I installed Vista 3 weeks ago. It's just since I decided not to use Windows Defender as my main anti-spyware that it started acting up.

svchost.exe taking all my CPU
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG