The online racing simulator
Some FZR and FZ5
(9 posts, started )
Some FZR and FZ5
Heres an FZ5 skin ive been working on a bit, tried to go for something different, made it a little more elegant/luxurious with a couple of hints of racy rather than pure race. kind of took some hints from the veyron.

the racy bits are that the hood and tunk lid are both made from a very tight weave and very dark carbon fibre, which may be hard to see in this picture. also, the saleen/skyline-ish trim that surrounds the taillights, and the extension of the side trim down the back, which gives it more of a roadster look from the rear. obviously also the ferrari badges, and teh few sponsors at teh bottom. the more classy bits are the color schemes (black adn silver), and teh panneled look of all the colors in the pallate i used.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd66/davyc412/new-1.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/al ... 66/davyc412/untitled2.jpg

and heres an FZR thats based on a vette C6 thats maybe like 40% done
http://i226.photobucket.com/al ... c412/Untitled-1copy-2.jpg

im thinking of leaving these two private (at least for now)

also, if anyone has any ideas that i can use to give the vents over the wheel wells more depth, id really appreciate it. i dropped a shadow upwards to try to give it more depth, which helped, but could still be better.
Nice.
VERY VERY VERY nice skins.
WOW! will you relase these? i think i fell in love to the vette i think the fz5 is a bit low res but good skins man
also check your pm's
yeah, i know its low res. i build all my skins at 1024 i should probably start doing them at 2048 but i use 1024 online which is why i build them at 1024. (i also dont have any 2048 templates... im using the ones that came with the CMX viewer as bodykit/shadowing and theyre 1024)

unfortunatley its not just an issue of resizing the image, because i think some of the layers are in vector (which is great, because those will scale fine) but some of it is in rasterized format, which means i would have to remake half of it.
Awesome, thanks for the links. I think im gonna remake what ive done of the vette, because i found that i still have the paths for everything except the badges and a few other elements that i should be able to easily reproduce (thankfully).

usually what i do is drop a guideline at the midpoint of the car, path out half of the pattern and stop at the midline, set up a layer mask, then duplicate adn flip it for the other side, then merge the layers. but i drew the patterns as paths and not vectors so i still had a copy after the merge. woot.
Some gradient test colors
I been trying to get the colors to contrast from front to rear fading flames with carbon fibre. It's tricky though getting the sizes right xD

Quote from Pablo Donoso :I been trying to get the colors to contrast from front to rear fading flames with carbon fibre. It's tricky though getting the sizes right xD

i think youre posting in teh wrong thread, but dont cover the whole car in carbon fibre. it doesnt look too good. most of the time when something is made of CF its painted so you dont see it. the most often you see "exposed" CF is on the hood, rear wing, splitter, or other kind of small trim components.

if you wnat to fade the CF, youll have to put a gradient layer overtop of it then paint on that.

Some FZR and FZ5
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG