The online racing simulator
Attached images
clean.jpg
Here's my desktop. I love this car :lovies3d:
Attached images
desky.png
Quote from JohnUK89 :Ooh I do like that...fancy listing the stuff you're using there?

Visual style: Foton VS.
wallpaper is a 10 minute quickie I made in photoshop
yahoo widgets: side panel,widescape weather,neon gauges,digi clock and text calendar,all tweaked a bit in options of each widget.

also:

winamp: foton
pidgin(I heard of miranda. used it. was shit. Crashed bajilion times. I aint wasting my time on downloading plugins and configuring them for a god damned instant messenger program anymore. And dont get me started on bloatware called trillian.): tenebrific
Icons: B.L.A.C.K. for iconpackager
firefox: blackx,now onyx,for it fits much better.
here's how that looks in action:
http://i131.photobucket.com/al ... /ThunderheadOne/dirty.jpg

al of these can be found on deviantart except the pidgin theme, which can be found on art.gnome.org ,and firefox addons site for the firefox theme.
I got a 21" CRT monitor off ebay, hadn't really realised how enormous it was until I went to pick it up and it almost wouldn't fit in the boot
Attached images
desk.jpg
i got 22" widescreen isn't THAT big, what car you got?
rFactor

Quote from harjun :i got 22" widescreen isn't THAT big, what car you got?

A Focus, it did fit in just surprised me I almost had to take the seats down.
-
(simscube) DELETED by simscube
mine!:
Attached images
dse.JPG
Quote from simscube :Umm...not rFactor, I'm pretty sure thats Forza Motorsport 2, especially with the watermark in the bottom left hand corner

Anyway, here is my new desktop:

http://i160.photobucket.com/al ... 82/simscube/desktop-2.jpg

again, I'm still running XP, it's just another (much harder to install) pack of apps that make it look like mac os, except I never have issues with it crashing

there was a link on his desktop saying rFactor, near Limewire pro
Quote from The Very End :So...many...icons
You need to clean it up!

... thats what my mom always says but hey ist my comp, ill clean it up once
-
(simscube) DELETED by simscube
heres mine, ignore the ATI thing, i really have a 8800GTS 640mb
Attached images
pic.jpg
Quote from harjun :heres mine, ignore the ATI thing, i really have a 8800GTS 640mb

Really? Never would have guessed...

Went to the launch of Leopard on friday eve:
Attached images
Picture 1.png
-
(andybarsblade) DELETED by andybarsblade
me and my brother, (he made the pic)
Attached images
deskjtop.jpg
Quote from harjun :rFactor

yeh sorry guys lol i downloaded the demo and its SH*T!!!!!! lfs is way much better anyway Forza 2 FTW!!!!!!!
Quote from pb32000 :Really? Never would have guessed...

never heard of that os looks cool though
Quote from pb32000 :

What's it like? I'm not really sure if I actually like the new look or if it will run well on my G4 (or actually at all on PPC?)

Quote from harjun :heres mine, ignore the ATI thing, i really have a 8800GTS 640mb

Wow! Getting Daddy to buy you an expensive graphics card then boast about it on an internet forum is so cool
Quote from ajp71 :What's it like? I'm not really sure if I actually like the new look or if it will run well on my G4 (or actually at all on PPC?)

Yer I wasn't sure if it was going to be worth it but it definately is. There are just so many little things that make everything smooter, quicklook for example is for me, phenomally useful. I would say it's quite hard to list the things that make it better, which is why it's quite hard to see why you'd want to upgrade, but you really have to use it to find out why, perhaps have a go in an Apple shop.

I too didn't like the reflective dock or transparent taskbar from the screenshots, but they're nice touches when you're actually using it. Nothing massively special or new, just nice.

Performance seems a lot smoother than Tiger too, coverflow for example doesn't lag at all even with a lot of files in a directory. I'd say you'd be ok on a G4, I have a friend with an iBook G4 so I'll ask him how he finds it.

Call me a mac fanboy (and I'm sure some people will) but having really only just started using a mac a few weeks ago, I actually feel stressed when trying to use windows again. Vista is truely piss poor in comparison, in fact you really can't compare the productivity between them, Leopard flows whereas Vista just makes things difficult, every time. I now do all my work on the mac, and literally just use Vista for playing games, seems like a waste of money really, never know, I might sell the PC - but then Crysis makes me want to buy a 2nd graphics card lol.

Couple of negative things I've found with Leopard, Mail seems a little unstable atm, I expect that'll be updated soon, and I can't seem to run an FTP server as easily as in Tiger - the client machine think's it requires a password, which I don't have set.

Other than those, it really is worth the (tiny in comparison to Vista) £85 (I paid £76 with educational discount). Plus my free tshirt for being at the front of the queue on friday night increases my public geekiness levels tenfold

....annnnnnnnnnnnd we're back on topic..
Just gave my desktop a clean up, I had over 40 shortcuts.
Attached images
Nov desktop.jpg
Just Gave my desktop a clean-up as well

@Harjun no offense but stop feeling smug about your pc there are ppl with better pc's than can outrun your pc i mean your dads pc :P
Attached images
Untitled.jpg
pb, I'll be installing leopard tomorrow, after using the developer builds loads, which was nice, so I've used leopard quite a bit, and the big thing that I miss coming back from leopard to tiger, really is spaces.

pb, I'll have Leopard on an iBook tomorrow too, with 1 GB Ram, along with my iMac on leopard too.

Currently, this is what my OSX desktop looks like

Too bad the BG changes every... 5 seconds
Attached images
Picture 7.png

Post your desktop!
(5025 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG