Attached images
desktop.JPG
Stretched wallpaper is stretched
Here's three of my wallpapers.
Attached images
computer_Vehicles_APR_Subaru_WRX.jpg
computer_Vehicles_Mazda_RX_7_Motegi.jpg
computer_Vehicles_Toyota_Supra_JGTC.jpg
Quote from brandons48 :Here's three of my wallpapers.

Love the first one, it's like realistic and cartoony mixed, very nice.
I thought I could post my desktop too
Attached images
desktop30112009.jpg
I heard a joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life is harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. The great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor... I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.
Attached images
desktop13.jpg
-
(TuomasH) DELETED by TuomasH
Here's mine, the photo is of our daughter Chloe from july, just after her 1st birthday She loved her mothers shades
Attached images
desktop_sy.jpg
Quote from DejaVu :Here's mine, the photo is of our daughter Chloe from july, just after her 1st birthday She loved her mothers shades

Don't tell me you really have an octacore processer?
Quote from Blas89 :I heard a joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life is harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. The great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor... I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

I must have that wallpaper in very big.

Also, I'm looking for a little app like iStat Pro for Windows instead of OS X. I want to monitor temperatures/memory/CPU etc while I'm in 7.
changes? well - the wallpaper. apart from that, i guess i will quite much stick with what i have. i am just too used to it.
Attached images
november 09.jpg
ignore the stuff in the desktop, thats stuff i have to fix/install
Attached images
Untitled.jpg
Quote from Stefani24 :Don't tell me you really have an octacore processer?

Never heard of an i7? They have 8 threads.
first hexacore cpu is coming in 2010, no sign of octocore yet, what is this nonsense?
core's refer to physical cores, not threads. i7 is a quadcore processor.

and whats this gotta do with desktops?

Herr Möckel - Stop möcking us with your similarly awesome looking UI setup! I remember asking about your ui like... 2 years ago? And its still great.
Quote from Biohazard :changes? well - the wallpaper. apart from that, i guess i will quite much stick with what i have. i am just too used to it.

That's nice, glad to see someone with some sensitivity who has not just a nice wallpaper covered with shortcuts
-
(Stefani24) DELETED by Stefani24
Quote from Fuse5 :first hexacore cpu is coming in 2010, no sign of octocore yet, what is this nonsense?

He was referring to my desktop screeny, one of my sidebar gadgets is a cpu monitor.

I can't be arsed to type it out, so i'll paste a cut out of info:

Quote : Physical cores - 8 Logical cores through a process called 'Hyperthreading'.

(Highly complicated topic - so I'm issuing a gross oversimplification alert - I *am* taking short cuts in order to explain the idea, not necessarily the true technical detailia.)

Understand there are multiple steps for an instruction to be processed. Once you have that, then it's fairly easy to grasp that when instruction A is at step #4, then steps 1, 2, 3, and 5 are idle. OK? The next 'improvement' would be to take the next instruction and hand it to step 1, knowing that the first instruction is already safely out of the way. So, now you have a processor working on two instructions at once... Yah? Groups of instructions that run as a 'logical process' still need to be run as a single entity (a "Thread" ).

Well... Because these Threads represent a single logical process, they obviously have to from the same Application. The way most/older computers have handled multiple applications is put everything on hold except the one they are working on at that instant. From there, switch back and forth. It happens really fast, so human beings perceive it as doing both things at once. But that's not really the case: it does one. Then the other. But never two different applications at the same instant.

The idea behind hyperthreading is to create some logic which can tell which Threads belong to which Application. Once we can track that, then it becomes possible to run two independent 'Threads' at once. Earlier we had two instructions from the same 'Thread' being worked on at the same time, correct? Being able to tell which instruction belongs to which thread means we can now run two Threads at the same time - just so long as individual instructions aren't at the same step at the same time.

Since the single (Physical) core can run two Threads at the same time, it's understood and displayed by the operating system as two processors.

There is a certain amount of overhead needed to keep track, and the software you are running needs to understand how to operate in a 'Threaded' environment to take best advantage. So it doesn't scale perfectly. But it *is* a pretty crafty way to get more work out of the same (physical) asset.

Therefore my i7 920@3.4 is read by most programs as 8 cores, even windows resource monitor. In a way it's strictly not 8 cores, but can act like so.
-
(jonthedoors) DELETED by franky500 : Trolling
Quote from spookthehamster :I must have that wallpaper in very big.

Also, I'm looking for a little app like iStat Pro for Windows instead of OS X. I want to monitor temperatures/memory/CPU etc while I'm in 7.

Hier!
1680x1050
It was too big to attach here (2.49mb).
Quote from Fuse5 :first hexacore cpu is coming in 2010, no sign of octocore yet, what is this nonsense?

Herr Möckel - Stop möcking us with your similarly awesome looking UI setup! I remember asking about your ui like... 2 years ago? And its still great.

Yeah, and apparently the Mac Pro is gonna get the usual first-crack exclusiveity for the latest Intel CPU's (has for the past few Xeon's and now the i9 (I think that's what it's called).
Heres mine.
Attached images
Clipboard01.jpg
Quote from Biohazard :changes? well - the wallpaper. apart from that, i guess i will quite much stick with what i have. i am just too used to it.

keep it as it is
i love your desktop (used the wallpaper a few months, too )
thanks, guys. still, i somehow lack some creativity regarding new stuff on my desktop.

but hey, mr. nitrous just changes his wallpapers too, still having an absolutely slick looking system.
Quote from Biohazard :...but hey, mr. nitrous just changes his wallpapers too, still having an absolutely slick looking system.

Yeah... the reason is below

Quote from Biohazard :...i will quite much stick with what i have. i am just too used to it.

-
((SaM)) DELETED by (SaM)
Windows 7
Attached images
Desktop.jpg
New wallpaper

I haz Windows 7. It appears to be pretty fast.
Attached images
Mah Desktop of Epicnuss.jpg

Post your desktop!
(5025 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG