The online racing simulator
Flickering LCD (?) Monitor
(10 posts, started )
I have what I think is an LCD monitor (probably 4-5 years old), and it flickers as if there is an electrical current passing nearby. I've moved all the wires away from it but it continues to flicker. It is especially noticeable on darker surfaces such as grey or carbon fibre-type textures, but it's visible all the time. I've tried changing the refresh rate. Is there anything else I can do? Other threads say 'buy a new one'. I don't really want to, but if I have to...
Had same problem with my old monitor.
Tried connecting PC - Monitor cable other way?

It must have that big blob on monitor side.
I can only plug it in one way. I've tried getting any dust out of the connections and that doesn't help either.
What graphics card are you using it with? Catalyst's LCD Overdrive causes flickering on my old 15" LCD, I'd also check the Alternate DVI operational mode. Could be on by default with newer drivers, the alternate thingy was on by default with the win7 beta drivers.

Don't know if those "features" exist in nvidia's control panel, whatever it's called
I don't have any overdrive options. I have Catalyst but it only lets you change the layout and rotation etc.

Thanks for the help so far.
Is it an analogue cable? Probably just interference.
#7 - Bean0
Had a slight flicker on the monitor I use at work, turned out the power cable was a little loose. I blame the vertical socket, gravity unplugs the plug over time.
Quote from Bean0 :Had a slight flicker on the monitor I use at work, turned out the power cable was a little loose. I blame the vertical socket, gravity unplugs the plug over time.

Check plugs everytime you clean the monitor and do that at least once a month
I guess that sounds about right. I have to move my monitor every time I get my wheel out, and most of the time it becomes unplugged because the plug is loose and vertically mounted.
Quote from morpha :What graphics card are you using it with? Catalyst's LCD Overdrive causes flickering on my old 15" LCD, I'd also check the Alternate DVI operational mode. Could be on by default with newer drivers, the alternate thingy was on by default with the win7 beta drivers.

Don't know if those "features" exist in nvidia's control panel, whatever it's called

ty, that fixed my flickering :P

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG