The online racing simulator
Autocross editing - How?
(35 posts, started )
Autocross editing - How?
This is probably a very stupid question...

but how do I make my own autocross layouts...? do I have to download a program and if so where from...?
Press Shift U and look at the options you have for objects in the top right. Might be worth reading autocross.txt in the docs folder too.
and an answer before the second question (how can I add jumps?): you can add jump ramps only in Blackwood and BL Car Park.
Quote from deggis :and an answer before the second question (how can I add jumps?): you can add jump ramps only in Blackwood and BL Car Park.

haha! I wasnt gona ask that....

I'm ripping off the karting championship idea for my team and another team....gona make some short twisty tracks for the MRT....

Anyway...I have a problem....

I can add a start and a finish....but it doesnt recognise when I cross the line....the lap just continues....

how do i make it a lap..and not just a big never ending thing....?
by setting the race to 1 lap....
did that...didnt work....

heres my autocross file...

what wrong with it..?
Attached files
AU1_Maiden1.lyt - 1.1 KB - 382 views
#7 - Lible
You did put 2nd checkpoint wrong, so you drived over it from wrong direction.
Attached files
AU1_Maiden2.lyt - 1.1 KB - 265 views
ah yeah....I fixed it a while back..

thanks anyways...
dude i don't have any objects how do i get the box up.
Put the Place Objects to Yes. And CHECK into the /docks folder!!
lookin' for the button worked for all of a half hour.WHERE IS THE BUTTON.
By default the buttons maybe hidden. Press Space to show and hide them.
it's up in the top left? All i got is some direction buttons.
dammit i read the autox text and all i learned was i should have a button but don't.Where is it?????
Please can somone reply to me.
it doesnt work if you are in demo mode, check that.
i bought the game a while ago.
Take a screenshot of where you are stuck.
Dam screen shot isn't workin'! I get stuck once i press Shift +u
Screen shot isn't working? Hit print screen, then paste it in Microsoft Paint/Photoshop, and then save it as a jpg, and post it on the forum?
1. press shift + U keys together to open up autox editor. the camera should move up out of the car and have similar options to the screenshot below. if you dont see the following options, try pressing spacebar until you see it appear.

2. make sure that "Place Objects is set to YES"

3. select objects from the list and place them (read Autocross.txt in your LFS/docs/ directory for how to rotate, place and delete objects)

4. save your layout using the control at the bottom right of the screen. layouts can be loaded/saved/cleared at this location.

enjoy.

tak
After you guys create a layout and save it, is it loading by default whenever you load that track? I have a couple in my layouts directory and when I load a track I've done a layout for, it loads that layout automatically and I have to do a "/axclear" in order to get back to the default track.
Quote from uRizen :After you guys create a layout and save it, is it loading by default whenever you load that track? I have a couple in my layouts directory and when I load a track I've done a layout for, it loads that layout automatically and I have to do a "/axclear" in order to get back to the default track.

yes that happens to me also i usually go into the autox editor and hit the clear button to get rid of the objects, save it as named "blank" and then set it to default. not sure if there is a better way
Quote from Takumi_Project.d :yes that happens to me also i usually go into the autox editor and hit the clear button to get rid of the objects, save it as named "blank" and then set it to default. not sure if there is a better way

Dang, enver thought of that, thanks! Is there also a way to get a list of layouts available for that track in-game, or do you just have to remember the layout names?
Quote from uRizen :Dang, enver thought of that, thanks! Is there also a way to get a list of layouts available for that track in-game, or do you just have to remember the layout names?

/axlist i think it is
i don't have the place objects button. If i need the full version then what is full? i have had s2 for about 3 months now.

Autocross editing - How?
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG