The online racing simulator
Nurgburgring
(23 posts, started )
Nurgburgring
as a fan of this old track i have raced on it many times in gran turismo 4 i was just wondering if this would be a good track to make and race on for lfs...

Supaheli
i don't think there is enough room for it
Nurburgring is 32km long....ummmm somehow i dont think that will fit in the carpark area... also, even if u just jam a small section of it in the carpark, it wont feel the same, no up or down hills, no trees and track side objects etc like in GT4.

Just stick with GT4 or GTR evolution then... they r both good and have ur track.
the biggest track in lfs is 20 something km right ?.... whats and extra 13km fair enough it tooks ages to build the biggest track but if nurburgring was made im sure that it would be used more then the others but then again maybe not...i myself would like to see this track made and i know id be on it 90% of the time.

Supaheli
#5 - Nicce
isn´t the Track like 78km long and has over 200curvers ?

and i meaning the OLD open track not the GP track..
was to a big fan of the Track in GT4..
had a pb at around 6,20-6,30..
no NOS and a highly tuned M3GT race car turned of the assistans stuff to..
I don't want to boast some bubbles, but the Nordschleife is 20.832 kilometers long. With the Grand Prix curcuit, it's slightly less than 26 kilometers..

And yes, I'd love to drive it in LfS
The track is about 22km long and has as far i know about 150 corners. Would be impossible to make that as a layout.
Quote from ColeusRattus :I don't want to boast some bubbles, but the Nordschleife is 20.832 kilometers long. With the Grand Prix curcuit, it's slightly less than 26 kilometers..

we are talking about the old nurburgring not the new gp track
#9 - buedi
Quote from Supaheli :we are talking about the old nurburgring not the new gp track

And he was talking about the length of the old Nürburgring in the 1st place. It´s 20,832km long as he said. Evidence? http://20832.com/
Quote from ColeusRattus :I don't want to boast some bubbles, but the Nordschleife is 20.832 kilometers long. With the Grand Prix curcuit, it's slightly less than 26 kilometers..

Rubbish. It is 517km long, has a million bends and some of the corners have spikes on them to kill everyone. It is also only 4cm wide, and is made of tarmac that is self-dusting so even an F1 car can only generate 0.004g acceleration in any direction.

And the marshalls are all wombles...
Quote from tristancliffe :Rubbish. It is 517km long, has a million bends and some of the corners have spikes on them to kill everyone. It is also only 4cm wide, and is made of tarmac that is self-dusting so even an F1 car can only generate 0.004g acceleration in any direction.

Meh likez pudding
Quote from tristancliffe :Rubbish. It is 517km long, has a million bends and some of the corners have spikes on them to kill everyone. It is also only 4cm wide, and is made of tarmac that is self-dusting so even an F1 car can only generate 0.004g acceleration in any direction.

Hush! I just wanted to make the track appear less exciting than it really is, so I can drive on it all by myself!

On a sidenote, the GP track alone would be 5.1 km long...
Quote from Nicce :isn´t the Track like 78km long and has over 200curvers ?

wow, nice speed, 6 minutes and 20 seconds a lap on a 78 km long circuit is 739 km/h on average, you must be the king of speed

damn, I'm drunk, I see a lot of different numbers here, one says the ring is 78 kms long, other one says the longest track in lfs is 20 kms long, wtf?
Quote from Nicce :isn´t the Track like 78km long and has over 200curvers ?

Considering GT4 was a game where it was nearly physically impossible to break rear traction without using the handbrake, I'd say it was ok.

Currently I'm running about 7.20 on GTR Evo with no aids in the GT sport class. In the radical I've managed about 6.20 or something... once. :hide:

sorry ColeusRattus i didnt know it was called that i thought you were talking about the gp track....but yes its 20832 km and has 73 main turns 33 left and 40 right....more if u count all of them. it even has a nickname call "The Green Hell"
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Considering GT4 was a game where it was nearly physically impossible to break rear traction without using the handbrake, I'd say it was ok.

Currently I'm running about 7.20 on GTR Evo with no aids in the GT sport class. In the radical I've managed about 6.20 or something... once. :hide:

if u still have gt4 try the mobil 1 v8 supercar or the yellow gillet
you guy have some good times but the record is 6:11.13 on the 20.8 km (12.9 mi) track and has been since 1983, if any of you could beat that i would be impressed. btw the car the a for the record in is a porshe 956 avalible in a porotype mod for gtr evo
Quote from Supaheli :as a fan of this old track i have raced on it many times in gran turismo 4 i was just wondering if this would be a good track to make and race on for lfs...

Supaheli

well, sorry to say, but the Nürburgring Nordschleife won't be available because of autocross layouts... it's way to big... Autocross means having a car park with chalk lines and cones marking the track, not like a mod à la rFactor
Quote from Supaheli :sorry ColeusRattus i didnt know it was called that i thought you were talking about the gp track....but yes its 20832 km and has 73 main turns 33 left and 40 right....more if u count all of them. it even has a nickname call "The Green Hell"

Hell of a long circuit this is. Longst LFS track is just about 9000000cm
Quote from Supaheli :if u still have gt4 try the mobil 1 v8 supercar or the yellow gillet

I tried many cars back in the day, most notably that S15 drift car (the red one) which would not drift without serious provocation.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I tried many cars back in the day, most notably that S15 drift car (the red one) which would not drift without serious provocation.

from what ive seen in gt5 prolouge (pfft stupid half game) u can do some drifting...then i came across race driver grid thats got drifting in it and i hope Gran Turismo 5 (full Game) has it to.... i was semi good at drifting when s1 was around....damm i miss those days :weeping:
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Considering GT4 was a game where it was nearly physically impossible to break rear traction without using the handbrake, I'd say it was ok.

OK i was wrong about the km´s on the track then.. i admit that.. sorry ppl..

but about that u cant break traction without geting to use the Ebrake.. i´ve done powerslides, long drifts etc and not using the Ebrake to get the car going.. And it´s not that fun then u looking more to the sidewindow rather then straight ahead @ 200km/h..

if i tryed the Evo´s or Supercar´s i´ve maby get the time lower than i did but i didn´t like to drive them.

anny way.. mostly OT here now annyway..
you could make an ultra-mini version for karts and uf1's and i geuss the drifter would call it a "tite touge driftzzzz lololol"

i might try it out. i dunno though

Nurgburgring
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG