The online racing simulator
LFS Forum Problems
(50 posts, closed, started )
Quote from DoC_uk :We have ? ahh cock... I had a look just , I assume they are stickies , with one of the devs as the author ... off to look again

*edit* had a look , nowhere can I find a thread started by a dev and stickied , informing us as to progress , anychance you could point me in the right direction ?

many thx

One of the threads was called "Moving house"..

A couple of posts there and there as well, best off going to Victor/Scawens profile and checking their recent posts.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :As far as money goes, well I'm poor myself. There's many things I'd love to get but I simply can't afford, and yet it doesn't really annoy me (that is, other people bragging about having whatever).

You sure you're poor? It is annoying listening to people bragging about how much money they have got but it's also annoying listening to people go on about how poor they are.

You have a computer right? an internet connection? a food supply that provides you with the energy to keep posting on this forum at the rate that you do?
Just because you don't have enough money to buy all the things you want does not make you poor.

I'm sure there are plenty of other people financially worse off
People who brag about being well off usually aren't! So don't worry about it, As for LFS i would rather have a new patch without any problems than a rushed one and have to wait for the next update! Just for the record not many people are well off (well at least in Aust) with the way economy is going, So put it all behind you and go drive some laps on the limit and worry about getting faster! And get your hard earned money's worth out of this great game! A new car won't make LFS better just another car you can drive.

All the best LFS community!
Seriously, why do you guys even bother if he/she is rich/poor or they brag about it??! it's human life at it's very best (or worst)! Just move on...
The world is a mess right now, millions getting fired, becoming homeless, others getting rich of others stupidity! There're far more important things to worry about than some biatches whinning/moaning/bragging on a forum!

As for the anonymous posting, be a man and face the crowd regardless of the consequences/opinions/critics that may come with it.

I've also had anough of those whining whores crying about the Scirocco, just give the Devs some slack, go have fun with your friends, have a walk in the park (it's free!!!)...i dunno, do something while the Scirocco isn't out! ffs!

Jeeeeez!

PS: I dont usually post here, I'm much of a reader myself. But sometimes i just pop myself with so much bullshit! Get a grip! Btw, sorry about my poor-ish english! :P
Be well
What he said ^^
Quote from webdigga :You sure you're poor? It is annoying listening to people bragging about how much money they have got but it's also annoying listening to people go on about how poor they are.

You have a computer right? an internet connection? a food supply that provides you with the energy to keep posting on this forum at the rate that you do?
Just because you don't have enough money to buy all the things you want does not make you poor.

I'm sure there are plenty of other people financially worse off

Being rich or poor is a relative term and only opinion. To turn around what you said I'm sure there are plenty of people financially better off. It just depends where you look. Neither you or S14 is wrong.
@LSDBlackWolf +12090495878779687879 I share this opinion

I wil agree every single bit on the slownes of development speed but there simply isnt anything I can do about it
Quote from Chrisuu01 :@LSDBlackWolf +12090495878779687879 I share this opinion

I wil agree every single bit on the slownes of development speed but there simply isnt anything I can do about it

that isnt slow... they just do theyr work PERFECTLY! nothing other thing..
and remember..: LFS is only a game not a live..

i beat with you.. The scirocco will be a GREAT car in lfs with these new specials like ABS and so on...
just think one time on the positive things.. not only on that bad negative *zencored*

Regarts Heiko1
Quote from Please_Be_Nice :Recently there have been a few people coming on the forums and talking about their lives. What you have to remember is that your on an internet forum - not in your local pub.

Disagree, what stops people talking about theyr lives? Theres nothing wrong about it. If you dont like, doesnt mean that we dont like. maybe we are helpful people and we want to help our community's people?
Quote from S14 DRIFT :One of the threads was called "Moving house"..

A couple of posts there and there as well, best off going to Victor/Scawens profile and checking their recent posts.

Thx m8 , didn't know I could check someones recent posts

will shh and go read now
#36 - th84
Well said, Wolf!
Quote from th84 :Well said, Wolf!

you're the man Tommy!
Gotta love your sig!
WTF is this sh*t?

Maybe they brag about things outside of LFS, because there HAPPENS VERY LITTLE inside LFS. I bet I'm not the only one whose wheel is collecting dust somewhere. And I don't understand all the fuzz around this Scirocco, yet another boring FWD that will change things only for a week or two....

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the developement speed, but isn't it an obvious explanation for the forum behaviour? There's just nothing to discuss apart from some user created content like leagues and addons. If one would read through improvement suggestions, he could build a visualization of a perfect sim - everything has been suggested and talked through at the theoretical level. Without any significant action from the dev side - one could claim that "LFS is dying", even if it's not.
Quote from frokki :WTF is this sh*t?

Maybe they brag about things outside of LFS, because there HAPPENS VERY LITTLE inside LFS. I bet I'm not the only one whose wheel is collecting dust somewhere. And I don't understand all the fuzz around this Scirocco, yet another boring FWD that will change things only for a week or two....

Are you really telling the truth about your wheel collecting dust somewhere??

Nah, i don't think so. I think it'll be like an XFG with big muscles! :P Drivable, close racing but faster from point A to point B!

Quote from frokki :Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the developement speed, but isn't it an obvious explanation for the forum behaviour?

Well, maybe a little but i guess it all started when CTRA went down...although i must say, NDR and all the others that took the time and effort in bringing something different and fun, nice job!

As for the Devs...they're only 3, they love the way they are working and, i mean, of course its not going as they wanted but hey, nobody's perfect!
The thing is they want it perfect, and i truly believe it's going to be reeeeaally freaking awesome once its out there! Just be patient!

Quote from frokki :There's just nothing to discuss apart from some user created content like leagues and addons. If one would read through improvement suggestions, he could build a visualization of a perfect sim - everything has been suggested and talked through at the theoretical level. Without any significant action from the dev side - one could claim that "LFS is dying", even if it's not.

I also have my own "visualization of a perfect sim" but unfortunately im not a developer nor do i have the ability to become one.
All i think is, ok we all want so many things in the game, but we should also respect what the dev's want! Otherwise we're all a bunch of selfish pricks. NO!
Do what some are saying, take a brake from LFS. Put some money into your LFSWorld account and configure it to send you a text message once the patch is out! :P
Im also desperate to get my hands on the Scirocco but...what can i do right?

Enough talking now...

Take care,
Quote from Heiko1 :that isnt slow... they just do theyr work PERFECTLY! nothing other thing..
and remember..: LFS is only a game not a live..

i beat with you.. The scirocco will be a GREAT car in lfs with these new specials like ABS and so on...
just think one time on the positive things.. not only on that bad negative *zencored*

Regarts Heiko1

Did I ever say it sucked im realy pleased with the VW coming to LFS since I have driven it and the car is realy stable onder braking and cornering its great infact!.
Nice and stable cornering and braking the only downside in real life is that its a bit big but thats al realy it could be hard to park becaus of that(driven in a closed invirioment ofcourse).
I mean LFS has selection of great cars that is becaus the devs do know what makes a fun car.
There are meany great things about LFS and I am pacient enough to wait for it becaus LFS is just great I mean the Fz50 on fernbay green and some other nervous cars on twisty tracks like FZ50 or LX cars are simply the most fun i can have while playing a simulation racing game.

I just dont get why you flame when its ter first time i actualy said something that isnt possitive about LFS please attack the big mowners instead of me...
Quote from webdigga :a food supply that provides you with the energy to keep posting on this forum at the rate that you do?

Am I the only one who laughed out loud at that?

Oh, to the OP: Either ignore or read the posts and laugh your ass off about them.
#42 - th84
Quote from zeugnimod :Am I the only one who laughed out loud at that?

You're not alone. I almost pissed myself. I just didn't want to say it due to who it was that posted it.
Quote from Please_Be_Nice :I've not really changed my opinion on people due to their success in life (or indeed their parents). However some of these people have influenced my opinions of them from offensive comments that were made - nothing to do with this though.

Trying to answer your first point a bit better, my opinions of some people have changed about things they have said, but generally my opinions were changed by different things the same people have said.

are you really Incognito? or theirishnoob
Quote from Slartibartfast :OK. I don't get this. Why would somebody brag about being in IRL.

For some people having something and not enjoying a wide display of it to those who can't, is like not having anything at all in the first place, and I'm not talking about wearing something or driving something else, but making sure it does not go unnoticed.

That is bragging too, even though it is not posting "oh look how well provided for I am", it is a very unsubtle way to say the same. Although I have no idea who the OP is, I'm sure if you took a look at the OT section you'd see quite a number of posts where people discuss what their daddies just got, which obviously equates to saying that person's family hasn't been enduring economic hardships.

That said money, as almost anything else, is a matter of perspective, and something that hits my eye as a sign of a rich person, may appear to you as the minimum standard or even below it.

Hell if news is anything to believe to, some people in the US are feeling severely damaged by the economic crisis, having their wages capped at 500k$ means they can't support their lifestyle anymore
It is just a question about value of money.

You might think that people who bragg value money a lot, but it's the opposite. They bragg about it, because for them, money's value is very low, and people get offended because money value is very high for poor people.

That said, I wouldn't want to live in a society where you can't tell others what you have purchased or accomplished so as not to make them jealous. I understand the point about people's father's cars, and totally agree, but this is not the kind of envy that is productive. I dont' give a **** when people speak about how well their families have succeeded, because it is not their own personnal success. Truly, I don't get pissed, I just don't give a ****.

On the other hand, if a friend of mine tells me about his success, I'll get jealous. But it is a positive jealousy that will drive me to do as good or better. I will have no condition like "if I can". I'll just do so that I can.

If we suppress merit in the society, it might comfort some people, but it will pull the society's progress downward. If you decide to quit working and live on subsidies, you have no right to bash someone who decided to continue. Well you have the right to bash him, but it would be unfair if you did so that the state can remove the incentive for people to work their ass off and gain money. Family has got (almost) nothing to do with that. I know people who came from very poor families who decided to work their asses off and that now have a lifestyle which is way more that comfortable (e.g. big house, two cars, one of them being a Porsche Turbo S). On the other hand, I know people from super rich families that failed their lives totally, because they were used to having everything given to them, and now that they are on the workplace, they are ****ed up.

On another hand, I know people from rich families that had great successes for their moral was boosted by the family's past, and people from poor families that lost every incentive because they considered it unfair that some were rich, some were not.

This is all a matter of personnality. The best solution to this problem, so that you feel comfortable with your life, is to take responsibility for your own actions. The beauty of life is that you can acheive everything if you really want to and if you do everything in order to. If people start losing the idea that their outputs can be acheived with external intervention, no matter how rich their family is, they'll spend a miserable life.
"You shall not covet anything that belongs to your neighbor"

The tenth commandment. Which most people don't follow, probably including a lot of people who are christian. You could easily include in this stuff that belong to other people than your neighbor. Since the internet wasn't invented back then, coveting other people's good on the internet isn't really forbidden in there, but I guess if we were to create a new list, it would be included in this one. The thing is, though, as George Carlin has put it, coveting other people's good is what keeps the economy running. If you don't know if other people have such thing, the only reason to buy something would be because you really need it, which you sometimes don't.

You can't really stop people bragging. It's not illegal, and you won't ever get people to stop it. Bragging under all its forms is something relatively interesting to be involved with on a forum where you don't personally know most people. For instance, in the off topic section, there are numerous topics about stuff like 'Post your [something you have]'. I don't see what's wrong about that, especially considering it's the off topic section. It's just something to share stuff you have with others, and yes it's bragging, though I don't see what's wrong with that. Now, if people boast in other various sections of these forums, it's their problem and there's nothing anybody can do about it, it's just in their character.
Quote from boosterfire :"You shall not covet anything that belongs to your neighbor"

And Georges Carlin wasn't the first to say it If humans never had covet (? I'm sorry I don't know the grammar for this verb ) anything existing OR not existing, we would still have the technologic progress of the Hebraic times.

Coveting doesn't have bad implications. Greed has (wars, murders, stealing, etc). Coveting drives you to get better things, or develop better things.
Quote from chanoman315 :are you really Incognito? or theirishnoob

Do you really think the irishnoob is capable of writing understandable and well thought out posts with adequate formation?
Quote from zeugnimod :Do you really think the irishnoob is capable of writing understandable and well thought out posts with adequate formation?

Lol. You have a point.

Either way I guess since the OP feels he/she needs to hide their true identity because of a post, then I would have to think again if I could take this person seriously. :o
#50 - SamH
Okay, I've closed the thread. Not because it's gone nasty or because of anything terrible, just because it was created by someone who needed to get something off his (or her) chest. Mission accomplished.

I'm also going to close the 2nd account now. It was created knowing that it would get closed at some point, so IMO there's no foul and no cause for complaint.
This thread is closed

LFS Forum Problems
(50 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG