The online racing simulator
I need a video compressed...
(13 posts, started )
Is there anyone out there that could help me with a small problem, i have a video that i need compressed. Its 32MB MPEG and i need to stream it on a website.
So i'd say it needs to be in or around 10MB... or less, i dunno also i need the width to be no wider than 290px
It's 4 minutes long. Anyone who's willing to help please post here or PM me

Thanks,
Niki
Anyone?
#3 - ORION
Hm if you want to stream it, you must check if that's supported by the webserver.
Or do you just want to play a video on the website?

Well, my opinion towards videos on websites is: BAAAHHH

Videos should be downloaded, unless its' actual live streaming, like the GIGA or gamer FM streams.

[EDIT]
4 minutes implemented into a website... are you really sure that the visitor will stay that long?
Im wondering what kind of video this is
not my choice on weather it's downloaded or not. i'm doing a website and i HAVE TO play a video through flash on it... i hate video on websites too.
anyway can anyone compress this for me? pretty please!.... with a cherry on top!!
#5 - Smax
Sticking into flash would be your best bet imho
#6 - ORION
Well, I dont have flash so I guess I cent help you there.
Quote from ORION :Well, I dont have flash so I guess I cent help you there.

i can do the flash bit myself... i just need someone to compress the video before i import it into flash.
#8 - filur
For a windows application, google for Riva FLV Encoder.

For console applications, ffmpeg or mencoder can do straight recompression into many formats, including .flv
What do you want it compressed into Niki?, does the final file format matter?.

msn me if you want, I'll see if I can help, [email protected]

Dan,
I got a music video about 4 mins long into under 10mb using the free Windows movie maker. I know its pants but for simple conversion its ok. The quality was ok at about 320*240. You can compress automatically to a certain filesize with it.
#11 - Smax
Flash should compress it for you. It can adjust the quality of video as it imports and either include or ignore sound.
VirtualDub all the way.
vdub and avimux "for teh win".

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG