The online racing simulator
Mirror's Edge Help
(23 posts, started )
Mirror's Edge Help
I ned help with Mirror's Edge.

I paid £34.99 off the EA Store to get it in digital download form, and I've had one problem after another after another with it.

First off it refused to believe I'd bought it, then it said it couldn't download.

I got it downloaded after waiting 9hrs.

Only to find corrupt files. I deleted, redownloaded, same files corrupt, I tried another net connection, you guessed it.

So I started repairing the .cab files, and guess what? Setup says the repaired files are corrupt.

I did some searching, the only way is to dowload 6gb of game again, for one file that's corrupt.

Ideas? I'm debating e-mailing EA for a refund but I doubt I'll get one.

EDIT: Odd. I repair the cookmap3.cab file, now Setup says it can't locate a file I put in there :S
Why not get it from a well-known "other" source ... then IF it goes wrong during the d/l, you can just grab the *.rar part that you need..instead of getting the whole thing again. Then install it using your legit key, and away you go!

Personally I would ask for a refund anyway...not worth the £35 for the length of gameplay, even if it is fun!
That's the trouble, those are 60 parts to DL by your method, and I'm not staying up all night DLing 60 parts.

Unless I can find a way to queue up all 60 parts
Thats why I always buy my games in a shop.
I also did that ealier, paid another £35, disc corrupted, took it back, got refund for that.

@Bladey, PM me if you know a good way to use your method
Get a refund for this and then vow never again to buy mirrors edge
Me too...sometimes...heres some proofs
Attached images
2009-03-17 22-02-31.870.jpg
That is the best way to buy games.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :That's the trouble, those are 60 parts to DL by your method, and I'm not staying up all night DLing 60 parts.

Get a download manager. Bang all the parts in. Leave overnight. Job done.

edit: That probably only works with a premium account actually, don't think you can queue anything without premium accounts.

Wait... BOTH the downloads and the disc are corrupt? Seems a bit weird.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :I also did that ealier, paid another £35, disc corrupted, took it back, got refund for that.

@Bladey, PM me if you know a good way to use your method

I'm sorry, but I'm starting to think more in terms of "harddisk corrupted" or "Windows corrupted" rather than download or disc corrupted if both the official download AND the official disc turn out to be corrupted.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :That's the trouble, those are 60 parts to DL by your method, and I'm not staying up all night DLing 60 parts.

Usually "other" source provides one meta file that adds all parts at once into your µOther client

That meta file got MD5 sums into it, so if one of parts is broken, it gets re-downloaded automatically.
GRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Tried repairing the .cab files, now I get 'setup has detected the file is corrupt' on different files each time I run the setup.

WTF
How's your HDD fragmentation? Run a chkdsk?
Newer versions of torrent apps let you choose which files from the archive you want to download (as long as it's not just a single zip file) so you might not need to get the entire thing.

Probably. Piracy is bad and I would never condone it. Backups though, they're important.
Tried that, like I said to Bladey, I get 0-5kb/s on torrents though
Necro-bump

Bought a store bought version today, i.e. sealed, never

Guess what

'gamemov.cab is corrupt'

Every. Single. Time.

I am getting pissed off with it...
Something wrong with your pc?
IDK, since everything else installs/reads fine.
This defo gotta be in ur pc. Just because the bought (new) version is corrupt too ...
But no other discs are however
It must be something with your pc, maybe it refuses to install Mirrors Edge because it's not a great game.

Or worse, there is a curse on you.
^ Doubt it,everything else works fine

Mirror's Edge Help
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG