The online racing simulator
Supercar 500 Challenge Introduction
(17 posts, started )

Signups now open

The Supercar 500 Challenge is a new series with a unique format. Run semi-annually, the series meetings include qualifying, sprint, and feature sessions. The winning team of a race meeting has the opportunity to defend their winner’s title at the next meeting.

Meetings take the following format: each team consists of two (2) drivers, defined as “Driver A” and “Driver B”. In the qualifying and sprint race portions of the meeting, all teams’ drivers are divided into sessions based on their “A” or “B” status. The qualifying sessions last for 20 minutes and set the grids for 75 km (~20-minute) sprint races. In the course of the sprint races, either the “A” OR the “B” driver must make one (1) compulsory pit stop. This requirement adds complexity to the qualifying process, forcing each team to determine which driver should sacrifice time to make the stop.

The starting grid for the next day’s 500 km endurance race is set by the combined points scored by each team’s two drivers in the sprint races.

For more information, please check out the league website: link.

CoRe Racing and FinalGear.com; official sponsors of the Supercar 500 Challenge. The46; official sponsor and broadcasting station of the Supercar 500 Challenge.

I'd like to use this intro thread to get an indication of the level of interest for this league. It'll have full Safety Car periods (if they're needed), warmup lap to the grid, standing starts and pitstop complexity. Signups will open on thursday, March 19th. The link to the registration form will be posted on the website in the appropriate place in the rules section. I'm hoping there will be interest in this league idea. Also, if you guys show interest, Victor will give me a subforum .

EDIT: Forgot: Eireann go Brach!!
Experion Racing Team would like to declare their interest in this.
Sounds complex. So in sprints and qualifying teammates drive in different sessions? Is the 'endurance' a car sharing race then?

I'm presuming it's gtrs? Any balancing on them? Any idea of tracks that will be used?
RSR are interested!!
Quote from hyntty :Sounds complex. So in sprints and qualifying teammates drive in different sessions? Is the 'endurance' a car sharing race then?

I'm presuming it's gtrs? Any balancing on them? Any idea of tracks that will be used?

All of that is already on the website

But yes, each driver has a sprint and qual session.
Quote from hyntty :Sounds complex. So in sprints and qualifying teammates drive in different sessions? Is the 'endurance' a car sharing race then?

Two drivers per team. Each driver competes in a designated session of both qualifying and sprint. The kicker is that between the two drivers, only one pitstop must be made during the one of the sprints...teams decide which driver makes the stop and when. This is an interesting point because the strategy and "luck" factors are endless.

The main race is gridded by combined points from both sprints for a team, with tiebreakers coming via qual times (I think...don't quote me ). The race is an endurance race where both drivers share the car.

GTRs are the cars of choice, and the balancing (per the unofficial rules) is described as:

The minimum weight of each car will be detailed as follows:

1. FXO GTR (FXR) - 1120 kg
2. XR GTR (XRR) - 1110 kg (+10 kg)
3. FZ50 GTR (FZR) - 1130 kg (+30 kg)

Track for the first event: WE1

By the way, CoRe is interested too....duh!

EDIT: BURNS!!! Grrrrrrrr
that looks awesome!
I love the idea myself.
Signups are now open. Go to the league's website, linked above, and you'll find it under Division F of the Rules and Regulations.
Kevin,

Can a team have multiple entries? And can we enter with drivers TBA at this time?
Quote from banshee56 :Kevin,

Can a team have multiple entries? And can we enter with drivers TBA at this time?

I think that'll depend on the amount of registered teams. Similar to what IGTC does, if there are fewer than 30 teams signed up, then we could consider allowing teams to have multiple entries. Of course, I'm hoping that signups fill up so that we don't have to have multiple team entries though .

Sure, you can enter with drivers TBA, and then when you re-submit the registration form again with your decided drivers, I'll merge the two together.
Sounds like the 2008 L&H 500 at Phillip Island.
Bingo!
Looks interesting :P

But for my bad english level the rules are too long
The rules are pretty similar to IGTC, so as long as you know those at the beginning, you'll be fine.
Quote from banshee56 :Bingo!

Cool
What about people who aren't in a team and if they want to race? Do they get another person that isn't in a team to race with them? (Just curious, i'm actually in a team)

I would also like to register my interest in this, not sure about my team mates.
Yeah, they can race as long as they find another person to race with. But a team cannot be only one person.

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG