The online racing simulator
Logitech G25 help needed in UK
Hey guys, i'm a forum newbie and pretty much new to LFS. I cut my simming teeth on GTL, and have pretty much been on GTR2, Race 07 et al over the past year or so, and wish to experience the advantage of gaming physics that LFS has over the other sims. Well.. 18 months ago I purchased my G25 off a mate who had owned it for 2 years and done pretty much naff all with it. It worked fine until last week. I turn on my PC and the wheel fails to calibrate. I have tried everything. I have installed and reinstalled the logitech gaming drivers, I have plugged it in and so on and so forth. Can anybody in the UK PLEASE HELP!! I am desperate, and Logitech won't have it back because my friend can't remember where he got it from. I don't mind paying for it to be fixed, I just want it fixed. The pedals and shifter work perfectly, just the wheel does nothing. Even the buttons on the wheel itself work, but when i turn the wheel it does nothing in game. Anyone know of somewhere I can take it/send it to be fixed?

Thanks,

Charlie
Are the lights dim on the gearbox? Make sure the power is properly connected, the wheel will function as you've described if its just receiving power from the USB.

The warranty for Logitech is 2 years anyway, so if he's had it for 2 years then yea...its out and they don't tend to fix the wheels as I found, more of dispose of the old one and send a new one out.
Hey mate, yeah just checked and the lights are fairly bright on start up for around 5 seconds, and then they do go alot dimmer. Are you asking if the wheel is plugged correctly into my usb port, or are you referring to something else? If something else, how would I go about rectifying this problem?

Cheers,

Charlie
had the same problem and as spacedskunk says its the power supply, mke sure it is firmly pushed in under the wheel, i can almost guarantee it wont be(it sometimes needs a good push to get it in)
Quote from chunkychucky :Hey mate, yeah just checked and the lights are fairly bright on start up for around 5 seconds, and then they do go alot dimmer. Are you asking if the wheel is plugged correctly into my usb port, or are you referring to something else? If something else, how would I go about rectifying this problem?

Cheers,

Charlie

Yea when I first got my first G25 (:razz I didn't plug the connector in properly at the underside of the wheel.
Oh my god, I am so annoyed with it I want to throw it out of my window! Where the usb power cable for the wheel goes into the wheel unit, i have given that hell in the vain attempt to get it to work, but alas when i connected the set up, the power light lit up on the gearshifter bright green for a nanosecond before returning to its dim light. The other light aint even on, dunno why. Any other suggestions guys?

Cheers,

Charlie
usb power cable? you should have a seperate dc power supply with that connects to the wheel via a bullet connector

edit: and the other light only comes on when you go from h gate to sequential shifter mode
Quote from chunkychucky :Oh my god, I am so annoyed with it I want to throw it out of my window! Where the usb power cable for the wheel goes into the wheel unit, i have given that hell in the vain attempt to get it to work, but alas when i connected the set up, the power light lit up on the gearshifter bright green for a nanosecond before returning to its dim light. The other light aint even on, dunno why. Any other suggestions guys?

Cheers,

Charlie

There's a plug that goes into the mains, the other end into the underside of the wheel.
Oh right, so the pedals and gearshifter would be able to power up just off what comes from the USB? I am at a loss as to where that's gone, as my friend i bought it off originall set it up for me around at my place, and it pretty much stayed in situ until now. If I can't find it, do you rekon i'd be able to buy one from Logitech, or is it a pretty much universal fitting on the plug?

Cheers guys,

Charlie
you could probably get one off ebay. Or if not phone or email logitech and say you've misplaced it and see what you can do about replacing it.
Hey guys, just to let you know that Logitech refuse to supply a replacement product on the grounds of a technical fault or misplacement of the powersupply. And although they do send through the technical detailes of the powersupply, it is getting chuffing hard to find a replacement! It really seems i'm stuck in between a rock and a hard place, with the option to sell it in its current state unavailable, and the task of getting a replacement wall plug seeming impossible...
you should be able to find one somewere and as for selling it yuse be suprised, i would consider buying it off ya as i need a new shifter and my wheel is a little tired but i have the power supply etc
I just tried playing LFS without the mains connected to my g25, everything except the wheel worked, so its the (lack of a?) power supply.

If you don't have one this may help you find one, i'll put up details of what it says on the power supply box:

Quote from power box specs :
APD (logo) Asian power devices
AC adapter (japanese? EVERYWHERE lol)
Model number DA-42H24
AC input 100-240Vac, 50-60Hz
1.0A max
DC output 24Cdc 1.75A
L.P.S (Limited Power Source)

OR

ignore me and have a look at this thread http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=55194

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG