The online racing simulator
F1 2009 from Codies
(50 posts, started )
F1 2009 from Codies
Quote :We'll defo be catering for the hard core community of course, but the majority of sales are not in this area so we'll have plenty of options, modes, scaling and design cleverness for everyone else as well. More sales = more budget = better game for everyone.

That really sums up racing games atm, and is a fair enough point.
damn thats an awesome post and the game does sound promising.
Yes indeed! Kudos to that guy for quoting all that was said into a post.
Quote :will be running an on-line authentication system that most probably runs sections of non-time critical game code on our server.

I've been dreading the coming of this technology for some time. It's the next step in software becoming rented rather than owned. The future is bleek.

Having said that the title looks interesting, and i've personaly never had an issue with Codemasters produts. Indeed i've a great deal of respect for the empire the Oliver Twins have built.
I went off Codies after I changed to Vista and found I was unable to play any of my older games (read: Anything with SecuROM). So I shall not be bothering with anything else from them.
I went off Codies after everything they produced after the first CM and the first ToCA was a stinking pile of shite.

Both of those games were very good for their time, with half decent physics.
Everything that followed got more and more bling and was less and less fun to drive, culminating in the horrendous 'DIRT' and 'GRID'. Fun i guess if your a fan of arcade shite, but a sad waste of two franchises that could have produced really good sims. But its all about the money, you cant blame them for that.

I hold out no hope at all that the F1 game will be in any way a decent sim, no matter what they are saying. I hope i'm proven to be completely wrong, as I've been waiting for a good F1 sim since GP3. I doubt this is going to be the one though.
Although Codies games are shit house, they seem to be really trying hard on this one, which is good to hear, it should be better then studio liverpools attempt if what they are saying is true(correction: WAAAAY better, but we shall see).

I just hope they get the CPU right becuase the last two f1 games made by studio liverpool had faults such as: 05 BMW Williams and the Toyota was at the back of the field and slow as shit, even though it really was a high midfield car, and the Honda in 06 was WAAY too Overhyped and the BMW Sauber was much too slow.
Quote from The Moose :I went off Codies after everything they produced after the first CM and the first ToCA was a stinking pile of shite.

Both of those games were very good for their time, with half decent physics.
Everything that followed got more and more bling and was less and less fun to drive, culminating in the horrendous 'DIRT' and 'GRID'. Fun i guess if your a fan of arcade shite, but a sad waste of two franchises that could have produced really good sims. But its all about the money, you cant blame them for that.

I hold out no hope at all that the F1 game will be in any way a decent sim, no matter what they are saying. I hope i'm proven to be completely wrong, as I've been waiting for a good F1 sim since GP3. I doubt this is going to be the one though.

Wholeheartly agree with you.
I do hope we are wrong tho, and it proves itself to be a great game. Have waited too long allready for a good F1 game.
I think "we" just need to realise and remember "we" are in the minority when it comes to hardcore sims.

I like hardcore sims as much as the next man, however, I can, and do, enjoy games like GRID, NFS, Midnight club etc etc.

I understand that there ARE NOT sims, however, they are a lot of fun, for those of us that can kick back and enjoy a fun, arcade racing game.

Companies like Codemasters (and most other publishers) are about the numbers, how many games they can sell, its just business.

I will probably get the codies F1 game, however, I am under no illusion it will be anywhere near as hardcore as sims like Nkpro or iR, and I am fine with that, I just don't find hardcore simming that fun anymore......
Quote from Becky Rose :lolz, to save anyone the bother...

They have announced that they are going to make an accouncement!

Next week...

I kid you not.

I had to read that a couple of times, because they couldn't be making an announcement, about an announcement in a weeks time......

......could they
Looks like they did.
"the company has now announced"... who knows, there might be an actual announcement somewhere, but in the comments there is a link to Codemasters' forums where some developer just said that an announcement is coming. I guess that is what it means.
I would mock with you, but their marketing has worked as you're talking about the announcement of an announcement. Also building suspense, which is nice.
For Gods sake!!
Ohh Comon! this is mostly the main reason im selling my xbox is for the F1 Games on PS3.

Ohh Just keep F1 Games on Playstation!!

And dont let codemasters make it either!!

I Hate codemasters.. they even make you pay for cheats!
No need to sell your xbox now. Oh and the ps3 f1 game is crap.
Quote from Luke.S :No need to sell your xbox now. Oh and the ps3 f1 games(?) are crap.

As far as I am aware, there was only one single F1 dedicated title for the PS3. It was released when the PS3 came out as one of it's first titles. Of course it's not going to be amazing. It has more F1 games than the xbox does anyway.
Quote from Jordan2007 :Ohh Comon! this is mostly the main reason im selling my xbox is for the F1 Games on PS3.

Ohh Just keep F1 Games on Playstation!!

And dont let codemasters make it either!!

I Hate codemasters.. they even make you pay for cheats!

not the sharpest tool in the shed are ya
So anyone care to explain why they are bringing out F1 2009 on kiddies game systems first? It's not like many of the 8 year olds that own a Wii and PSP's will be into F1.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :So anyone care to explain why they are bringing out F1 2009 on kiddies game systems first? It's not like many of the 8 year olds that own a Wii and PSP's will be into F1.

Because a different studio is making it and the requirements are nothing like that of PC's and consoles.

F1 2009 from Codies
(50 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG