#1 - SatCP
What exactly causes a 45 seconds penalty?
I was just racing on a server, AS National, 10 lap race, GTR class cars, mid race pit stop required. Running in second position I came in early in lap 3. My pitlimiter was turned on BEFORE crossing the pitlane and I braked even a bit too hard. I think I crossed the line about 70 km/h. No problem so far. I pit (only picking up a slight bit extra fuel, no new tyres, no repairs) and when I accelerate (staying at 78-79 km/h because of the pit limiter) I suddenly get a 45 seconds penalty. Wtf?

It's not because of pitlane speeding. That would have costed me a drive through or stop and go penalty.

So what might have caused this penalty? What did I do wrong?

Second question is, how do I take this penalty? A few laps later the 45 seconds penalty suddenly turned into a stop and go. I thought the 45 seconds penalty was just a time penalty calculated at the end of your race?

I know I should have saved the replay, but I was a bit frustrated, so I immediatly quit the server...
#2 - Lible
Can't help you about how did you get it, but 30/45 secs penalty is given, when there isn't 4 laps to end of the race. Seems like a bug to me. Glad you posted it to Beginners forum first
Post the replay, then a) we can see and b) Scawen can fix the bug it there actually is one by interrogating the replay. Never underestimate the power of replays.
#4 - shim
30s penalty for 80-99kph in PL, 45s for 100+ in PL

why it got ya for speeding at those speeds i dunno..
#5 - Jakg
maybe somebody touched you? people forget and nudge you over the limit with out you even noticing it sometimes!
#6 - SatCP
Quote from tristancliffe :Post the replay, then a) we can see and b) Scawen can fix the bug it there actually is one by interrogating the replay. Never underestimate the power of replays.

I know, but as I said I was so pissed off (was driving a great race) I left the server before thinking about it. Then of course it was too late to save the replay. Dumb, dumb, dumb

I could post this in the bugs section, but without any proof in the form of a replay, I'm afraid Scawen won't be able to do much.

But am I right that's is absolutely not right to get a 45 seconds time penalty in lap 3 of 10?

shim: Time penalties are only given at the end of a race when you might not have enough timle to pit for a penalty. I was in lap 3 of 10 (with the car in first position only about a second in front of me). I really don't understand why I got a time penalty and not a drive through or a stop and go.

Then, after a few laps I suddenly get a stop and go (while driving on the circuit - not pitting). I didn't hit anyone, didn't take shortcuts. Just clean driving (there weren't even other cars near in a few seconds). I guess it was the 45 seconds penalty which wasn't taken up in 3 laps (drive through also turns into a stop and go after 3 laps). But how can I take a time penalty?

Jakg: There was no other car in the pits as far as I recall it. And the AS National pitlane is flat, so no unwanted speedling due to a downhill road or something like that.

But even if I did speed, I should have gotten a drive through. Not a 45 seconds penalty...
I think (but am not fully sure) that LFS saves a temp.mpr all the time. If you save it it renames the file, and if you use autosave it autmatically renames the file.

But it means if you remember about the replays AFTER you leave the server and BEFORE you play online again, you can manually rename temp.mpr.
#8 - SatCP
For single player that may be true (I see a temp.spr), but I can't find a temp.mpr file (nor an *.mpr that's dated yesterday).

Oh well... I have turned on the option to save all multiplayer replays. So if it ever happens again, I'll have the proof and information the developers need.
of course a logical option may be that somebody who was an admin got bored or something simular and gave you a penalty.. thats what it sounds like to me considering it changed from 45 seconds to a stop / go.
#10 - SamH
Quote from franky500 :of course a logical option may be that somebody who was an admin got bored or something simular and gave you a penalty.. thats what it sounds like to me considering it changed from 45 seconds to a stop / go.

I didn't even know admins could do that
Quote from tristancliffe :I think (but am not fully sure) that LFS saves a temp.mpr all the time. If you save it it renames the file, and if you use autosave it autmatically renames the file.

But it means if you remember about the replays AFTER you leave the server and BEFORE you play online again, you can manually rename temp.mpr.

It's true that LFS saves a temporary replay file, though as far as I know the temp.mpr file is erased when you close LFS.

Quote from franky500 :of course a logical option may be that somebody who was an admin got bored or something simular and gave you a penalty.. thats what it sounds like to me considering it changed from 45 seconds to a stop / go.

That's my guess too.
Quote from SamH :I didn't even know admins could do that

Yeah its simple just:

p_dt name = drive through
p_sg name = stop go
p_30 name = 30 seconds
p_45 name = 45 seconds
Franky, what have you started? :ices_rofl

Serp.
Well I guess that might be it...

It happened on the D-R-T server (of which I have no other complaints whatsoever - great folks), but the previous race 'I' caused a DRT member to spin off the track, although I left more than enough space (he was probably surprised by my move and slammed the brakes). Though there were no harsh words, it was obvious he didn't like it.
Yeah its becoming a teams vs individuals...if you happen to even crowd someone who is on a team, lets just say D-R-T Skorpion just for an example, who comes onto some random server, not D-R-T and not as 'regulated' as they do...and causes mayhem and pileups. Then when he is told by some random individual such as myself to piss off...oh well I guess I am banned from the D-R-T servers magically the next day.

It's great and necessary to ban, penalize, remove drivers but it seems that the Admins are getting way too much control without any sort of check-balance system. Perfect example is the talk of mystery 30-sec and 45-sec penalties. Face it accidents and wrecks happen...just cause you are on the server's team doesnt mean the whole track is yours.

Racers vs. Gamers
Quote from franky500 :Yeah its simple just:

p_dt name = drive through
p_sg name = stop go
p_30 name = 30 seconds
p_45 name = 45 seconds

Ah thanks, I was looking for these in the forum; the docs / READMEs don't seem to have them yet.

I'm inclined to give at least a p_dt to anyone who violates the pit exit lane and turns right in front of me without even checking his mirrors. Isn't this what happens IRL ANW?

Of course, it always helps to justify the given penalty to the offender. If that was what happened to the original poster, then there should be justification from the server admin(s). That's how we will all learn to drive better!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG