The online racing simulator
Race tracks connected to a city (this is a big one)
Just downloaded the LFS demo yeasterday after reading a litle about it on a Norwegian gamer forum (www.gamer.no). It took about 50 minutes with the demo before i bought a license Anyway, i came with an idea that i tought was kind of cool. It is a big one but after reading on this forum i found out that only two or three people have made this entire game. (am i correct) So obviously they are really good at this or extremely talented if you'd like.

Here is my idea:

Only a sketch i drew very quickly in paint.

The idea is a big city in the center with the different race/drift/drag/rally courses located around it with connecting roads.

In the city there are the normal buildings as offices, appartmentsbuildings, shops, malls etc (just textured boxes). But also parking houses were you start the game when first logging on to online mode eatch player has his reserved spot based on points earned on the racing tracks 0 points = a parking space in the basement of a big parking house 50 points = penthouse parking for your car in the same building and 100 points (~maximum) gives you your own luxury garage in the hills on the edge of the city (closer to a race track).

You will also find gas stations in the city cause cruising makes your car drink fuel to. And for repairs if you crash when doing a streetrace against another player that's not on the tracks but just chillin downtown.

But when you want to go to a race track you just drive to the one you want. When you arrive you find yourself an available parkingspot and the game will load the course you're at and you will find yourself in the pit or already at the starting grid.

This is a pretty big and rough idea. But i think it has huge potential in the hands of the right developers. If it seems interesting i would be glad to help, alltough i don't know mutch about programming i know the basics of modelling in both Maya and 3D Studio Max.

BTW: The clutch I would like to see a cloutch i can manipulate using one of the handpedals on my logitech driving force pro Just holding and releasing a button doesn't do it for me
#2 - Vain
Welcome to LFS, first of all.
Your idea sounds very much like "LFS - the MMORP-and-racing-Game"...
I like the fact about LFS that it's just "Start LFS, double click server, race" and no more hassle (if you want a quick race).

Vain
Yup, cool idea but this is not Grand Theft Auto, Mafia or "Microsoft Car Simulator".
First of all LFS engine is not capable of using anything form normal circuits AFAIK.

Second of all imagine 100 people racing in one city at the same time - there would be so many crashes that it would be impossible to drive safely.
Yeah, you guys are right. It would be a totaly different game. And the ones who like to destroy our online experiece would probably buy the license just to ruin the game...

But i would like to see a better clutch
IT'S A MARVELOUS IDEA! Just don't exept it before S6.

Quote from himself :First of all LFS engine is not capable of using anything form normal circuits AFAIK.

Second of all imagine 100 people racing in one city at the same time - there would be so many crashes that it would be impossible to drive safely.

LFS would be a kind of MMPORS (massive multiplayer online racing simulation (new term?)). There would just need to be a kind of door to the track where you chosse your server.
Sorry NaBU but i believe the typical LFS fan is the guy who likes LFS. No need to hate nothing. Just my 50 cent.
Quote from mepresident :Sorry NaBU but i believe the typical LFS fan is the guy who likes LFS. No need to hate nothing. Just my 50 cent.

Well then, you haven't read any of the suggestions of having NOS or other "tuner" parts put into LFS. Because the pure LFS fans really go off when they see these suggestions and suggest that the folks who suggest NOS go play a NFS or GT4 "game" and leave the LFS "Sim" for us .
#9 - ajp71
I think there has been some suggestion of a market for a massively multiplayer sim, a bit like NFS but without the silly lights or big bumpers and a physics engine.
I don't want NOS, silly stickers or neon lights either. But it would be fun to try the physics engine in a city environment. Narrow roads, hills, allyes, freeways etc. A mountainroad track (hillclimb?) would be fun to.
that would be a big track,more easy and posibel would be an open high speed track for edit porpose and top speed testing .
regarding the textures , i dont care, i have to put every thing to low or off so i can play whith 30 fps alone because when i am whith more then 6 cars next to me i get 15 fps low.
Quote from ajp71 :I think there has been some suggestion of a market for a massively multiplayer sim, a bit like NFS but without the silly lights or big bumpers and a physics engine.

Yeah, something like "Microsoft Car Simulator" concept or something.

In the other hand I don't think it would be as exotic as flight sims which might the reason why a game like that hasn't seen a light.

I think Mafia comes closest to this "city driving game/sim". It doesn't have very advanced physics but the city is great and very believable with all the countryside etc.
i honestly think it would be AWESOME. But it probably won't happen. You don't know how much fun i would have drifting intersections into a gas station. It would be so stupidly insane, but considering the city is detailed enough, i would literally just cruise around ALL day.
Quote from mrodgers :Well then, you haven't read any of the suggestions of having NOS or other "tuner" parts put into LFS. Because the pure LFS fans really go off when they see these suggestions and suggest that the folks who suggest NOS go play a NFS or GT4 "game" and leave the LFS "Sim" for us .

U think NFS is bad? I'm fine with hating GTA cause its all to fake and horny. How can u hate NFS for the crappy NOS problem. The neon lights are gay though.
This concept sounds a lot like the up and coming "Test Drive Unlimited" for the Xbox360. http://www.testdriveunlimited.com/

Just a pity there will be no steering wheel support and the physics will probably be arcadey. Damn you LFS for raising the bar so high, I remember when I was happy playing NFS with a gamepad, then I discoevered LFS and bought a DFP, now my xbox 360 and project gotham is collecting dust.

It would be cool, but a Nurburgring track thing which is many miles/kilometers long would be cool too.
I think a city would be cool if it's UN-nfs, but not too much like mafia.
else, just dump it
#17 - Gunn
There are valid reasons why games like GTA and Mafia are not multiplayer.

It is not uncommon or indeed unreasonable to wish for LFS-style physics in other games, but LFS is a race simulator, it isn't trying to be anything else and that is one reason why it succeeds.
i didnt play it myself but was motor city online like that, i just heard of the game after they had already binned the project for lack of interest, and it sounded itneresting.
I just read something about it, I hope there will be a motor city online 2
Quote from BlakjeKaas :I just read something about it, I hope there will be a motor city online 2

It will be probably named Bling Bling City Online...
But there's no official site about it yet?
cause i can't find Bling Bling City Online on THE internet

are there other games like that?
Open areas are not supported by the current LFS engine when it comes to rendering. It only knows ahead and behind, wich is the reason why LFS has A to B to A (closed circle) circuits and no open areas.

Of course this is AFAIK.
it would be nice when you join a server if your car started out in the back of your very own skinned truck which is parked behind the pits.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :But there's no official site about it yet?
cause i can't find Bling Bling City Online on THE internet

are there other games like that?

It was an ironic joke.
that's a pity

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG