The online racing simulator
Brake stuck on?
(21 posts, started )
Brake stuck on?
Hi,

Just got myself a dfp and after reading through have managed to get the thing correctly configured except for one aspect. It appears my brake is stuck on all the time while racing. I can sit on a hill and it doesnt move. I have the pedals set up as separate and they both appear to work ok. I have no key assigned to handbrake so it cant be that. Any suggestions?

thanks
skooby
If the car starts to move when you press the brake pedal you have probably the brake pedal set up little wrong. Go to the controller setttings and press the "axels and FF" button -> look for your brake and invert it. I have finnish texts in my LFS so the texts you see may be little different

Also remember to press L in the racing cars to disengage pit speed limiter
Quote from Hyperactive :If the car starts to move when you press the brake pedal you have probably the brake pedal set up little wrong. Go to the controller setttings and press the "axels and FF" button -> look for your brake and invert it. I have finnish texts in my LFS so the texts you see may be little different

Also remember to press L in the racing cars to disengage pit speed limiter

thanks for the quick response.Unfortunately thats not the problem. When sitting still if I press the brake the revs drop to nearly 0. The accelerator works fine.
Can you post a screenshot of your control settings in LFS?
Set the pedals to 'seperate' in the control options of lfs and your wheel options.
Try in the options>throttle/brake axis/combined.

Also make sure that in the wingman settings or inthe game controller panel in windows that the pedals are reported as being combined.
Attached images
combi.gif
Guys,

I have attached pics of my settings.
Attached images
lfs steering settings.jpg
main settings.jpg
Quote from Bramski :Try in the options>throttle/brake axis/combined.

Also make sure that in the wingman settings or inthe game controller panel in windows that the pedals are reported as being combined.

Why combined? Most other configs state seperate.
forgot the axis/ff settings.
Attached images
axis.jpeg
just tried the combined settings and it works but I am sure all the other configs tell you to put the dfp as seperate?
Quote from skooby :Why combined? Most other configs state seperate.

I use combined in LFS as my brake pedals on the DFP seems to come on intermittently if I use seperate whilst Im going down straights. Seperate will be better if your pedals aren't tempremental as you can create oversteer in the rallycross with left foot braking.
ok. sorted it. Looks like the brake and accelerator werent set up properly. They need to be on slider 0 and slider 1 with seperate.
Glad you got it sorted.
@skooby, glad you got it figured out.

@Bramski

Quote from Bramski :I use combined in LFS as my brake pedals on the DFP seems to come on intermittently if I use seperate whilst Im going down straights. Seperate will be better if your pedals aren't tempremental as you can create oversteer in the rallycross with left foot braking.

To me, this sounds like the pot for the brake is a little loose in the holder. Take the base apart and check for loose pot. If it is loose, use some "Blue Goo" (is this an actual product or general description?) to help hold the pot in. May as well, while you're in there, do the throttle pot as well. Reassemble the pedals and you're set.
Also if someone hasn't mentioned already, you should edit your Centering Spring force in the Control Panel skooby.

I am not sure if it applies to the DFP, but practically all Logitech users have Centering Spring 'checked ON' but the centering force percentage at 0%. This will make the steering feel loose at first, but it is the most realistic feel. I use it, a lot of others do, and it gives better feedback. :up:
2 more things ... you should set wheel turn compensation to 1 and remove deadzones to yes

oh and use manual shifting
Quote from mrodgers :
@Bramski

I hear ya mike, I've been putting it off and putting it off as my luck dictates that as soon as I open the pedals all possible moving parts will be knocked out all over the place and my dog will eat one of the pentomiters or something

Kidding aside though I've been reading a few web pages tonight on how to sort out the pedal problem and I'm gonna tackle it tomorrow.

Quote from Bramski :I hear ya mike, I've been putting it off and putting it off as my luck dictates that as soon as I open the pedals all possible moving parts will be knocked out all over the place and my dog will eat one of the pentomiters or something

Kidding aside though I've been reading a few web pages tonight on how to sort out the pedal problem and I'm gonna tackle it tomorrow.

FWIW, if DFP is anything like the Momo (and I think it is) then there really isn't anything to knock out and lose or have your dog eat. All that's there is 2 big chunks of plastic called pedals that are connected to the pots which won't easily fall off the pedal axis. Along with a few thin wires and that's it. Oh, also the springs, but they don't fall off either. Very simple yet unfortunately, flawed design.
Quote from Shotglass :2 more things ... you should set wheel turn compensation to 1 and remove deadzones to yes

oh and use manual shifting

Most of the guides say set it to 0. I will try it at 1 and see what happens.
Manual shifting - yes, as soon as I master keeping the car on the road first
I think you set the wheel turn comp. to 0 if you change the rotation in the logitech drivers with DFP to match the car. Set it to 1 to have it automatically match the car used, but you won't have the FF stops at the end of rotation. But I may be wrong, I have a Momo not DFP.
Quote from skooby :Most of the guides say set it to 0. I will try it at 1 and see what happens.
Manual shifting - yes, as soon as I master keeping the car on the road first

if you set it to 0 the ingame wheely rotation will always be mapped to the whole 720° of your dfp ... which is a problam in the cars that have a significantly lower rotation (especially the formulas)
set to 1 the ingame wheel and the wheel on your desk will always turn in sync

Brake stuck on?
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG