The online racing simulator
knowing how much laps left to do
Hi there,i like to play LFS with no other things displayed but cars and tracks
but i never know how many laps there are left to run,so i have to push shift +f from time to time.I think a quick display when passing by the finish line would be cool,maybe something like in GTL.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
+10 from me (from time to time you'll see me make reference to an uber-realism mode, and this is a must).
#3 - Vain
+10
I think I alone already suggested that twice... Definitely needed.

Vain
#4 - axus
+100
#5 - richy
yeah this one is a good idea

maybe a white flag too?
Quote from richy :maybe a white flag too?

AND a checkered flag!

+1 from me for the initial idea btw.
I don't know what kind of radio discussion drivers and team managers do in real life in races but I think the menu informations in a kind of way "simulates" that, because in game you can't have that radio discussion. But I'm for über-realism mode too.
Quote from deggis :I don't know what kind of radio discussion drivers and team managers do in real life in races but I think the menu informations in a kind of way "simulates" that, because in game you can't have that radio discussion. But I'm for über-realism mode too.

:iagree: that says everithing (btw TS or vemtrilo as "team radio", but not very useful 4 pit instructions )
+49343

LFS needs stuff like this! False starts, realistic "hud", rollings starts, better in-car textures... Those little things you miss only if you have had them
Very good idea. I couldn't count how many times I've stopped after crossing the finish line only to realize there is one lap to go! :doh:
If we simply had a chequered flag, virtual or being waved by a flagman, it would help end such confusion..
I'm +1 for false starts and rolling starts too
+3.14159...
Quote from Bob Smith :+3.14159...

:hyper: lol bob..... A value of pi :biggrinfl
mmmm pi
Quote from Madman_CZ ::hyper: lol bob..... A value of pi :biggrinfl

Think he was crypticaly saying +infinity
Quote from richy :mmmm pi

Can I have a slice of that pi, too?

BTT, yes some more vital info on shift+f should be displayed. Actually we'd need two modes, one "realistic racing" mode where you only get important info like yellow flag, etc. and one "video" mode used for recording movies where all output is stripped from the display.
#17 - Vain
+ 42

Vain
Good idea! +3x10^8
Get rid of the claps and get some flags in there

Just perfect

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG