The online racing simulator
Nascar
(46 posts, started )
Nascar
I think Nascar should be more international, and add some more circuit races so its got a bit of both, right now theres no real point in having like 2 circuit races and like 20 ovals you might as well just make it all ovals.

I say add some legendary european tracks and some GOOD circuits in America like Laguna atleast, a big heavy overpowered car is an awesome spectacle on a Technical Race Circuit imo.

What do you all think?

If not international atleast add Laguna, its like one of the most spectacular race tracks on the planet.
Oh trust me, I would love for it to happen.... But it has the same chance of happening as F1 racing at Daytona.

I'll let someone else explain why.
I would actually like to see NASCAR at EuroSpeedway, UK Rockingham and Motegi

Some Euro circuits would be great as well
Wouldn't the southern states just mass suicide if NASCAR went overseas?
Quote from sil3ntwar :Wouldn't the southern states just mass suicide if NASCAR went overseas?

FYI NASCAR did go overseas as they had many exhibition races in Motegi, and Suzuka
The Nascar's can stay where they are.
Wich is Redneck country!
Quote from Vinnylegends :The Nascar's can stay where they are.
Wich is Redneck country!

NASCAR can come here if they want... Nothing like the sound of 43 high powered V8s slipping and sliding through the dunes of Zandvoort.
I'd pay big bucks to see that happen.
It would be nice for once because I saw some DNRT class Nascar cars and they sound just awesome!
Go staright,I am going straight,turn left, I am turning lol thats how you do it
#11 - th84
Wich is Redneck country!

And you can stay where you are, Trollville.
Wich is Redneck country!

Quote from Vinnylegends :It would be nice for once because I saw some DNRT class Nascar cars and they sound just awesome!

Make your bloody mind up! It just seems like you're jumping on the bandwagon after seeing other people wanting to see it happen.

I would be interested in seeing Nascar over here. It would be very entertaining watching them bombing around Silverstone I would imagine. I have enjoyed the odd oval race online and I have realised that there is more to it than just turning left and I appreciate it a lot more than I used to.
Quote from Gills4life :Make your bloody mind up! It just seems like you're jumping on the bandwagon after seeing other people wanting to see it happen.

I would be interested in seeing Nascar over here. It would be very entertaining watching them bombing around Silverstone I would imagine. I have enjoyed the odd oval race online and I have realised that there is more to it than just turning left and I appreciate it a lot more than I used to.

I already saw them. For 1 time it would be nice to see them but not every year.
#14 - 5haz
I laughed at this thread, some of the people who just a few days ago were demanding that we all hate ovals have suddenly had a major opinion change? hmmm.

I'd like to see Rockingham's oval get some action again, although being quite shallow banking wise its probrably a better track for the IRL bunch.

I would say I'd like to see the yanks back at Brands Hatch too, but I was there when Champ Car had their race their in 2003, was the most boring race I've ever been to, at least the BTCC event that the Champ Cars were supporting (well it seemed that way :razz made up for the procession that was Champ Car.

But I watched the CART race at Rockingham in 2001 and it was damn exciting, Gil De Ferran caught Kenny Brack down the inside at the last corner seconds from the flag.

Wich is Redneck country!

Why don't you go back to your weed smoking, waffle eating and hos?

[/Ill Informed Prejudice]

Oh and you can learn to spell before you go calling anyone a Redneck.
Well youre right it is indeed time to go back to those activities.
And what did I spell wrong at Redneck's?
#16 - 5haz
Go away then, stop contradicting yourself and quit being a troll.

Hah, work it out yourself, just if you're going to imply certain people are stupid I reccomend you don't shoot yourself in the foot by appearing stupid yourself.
I would love to see NASCAR race on more road courses. Now that there are more "international" drivers (ok, Montoya and Ambrose) you'd think they would be trying to broaden their fan base.

Of course they don't want to alienate their current fan base either. If they were to add road courses they would be over here I'd think. The cost of shipping all the cars overseas wouldn't be something that most teams could handle. As nice as would be to see NASCAR race at Monza, Spa, Silverstone, etc, I really don't see it happening.
It would be awesome to see them race at some of the European tracks, but like it has already mentioned that takes away dates from American tracks which is a huge drawback to me at least. It seems like there are already too many good tracks over here losing races. Plus if you guys aren't going to share F1 with us then you don't get any Nascar love.

F1 at Daytona would be pretty sweet.
I think what NASCAR needs to do is get the cup cars on a tight street circuit.

If CASCAR (Now the NASCAR Canadian Tire Super Series) can do it, so can NASCAR!
New York City street circuit race, how great would that be.
Dammit this thread is making me depressed. I really wish NASCAR would be a bit more international concerning it's ventures.
Ideally NASCAR would drop some of the repeat dates at the dull ovals (that's any between but not including 1 and 2.5 miles), and go to some better road courses - Laguna Seca, Indy Road (a grossly under-rated road course if the oval T1 is used as the last corner, the entry to T1 is so vague it's hard to pick out a braking point), St Pete ...

A NASCAR Europe series could be a good idea, maybe get some of those new Busch series cars over (restickering them as Opel Vectra, Ford Mondeo and something else for Dodge), racing on a more or less 50/50 mix of road courses and ovals - imagine the thought of them going through Eau Rouge.
Nascar already has a series in Mexico and Canada, the problem is I think their only reason for creating series outside the US are to get people interested in stock car racing so then they watch the real Nascar. Nascar Europe would be the same thing, just a watered down version to hopefully get people interested and expand the fan base. I could see it ended up like the now shut down NFL Europe.

My opinion has always been if you want to see road racing then just watch LeMans or something, cars that are actually built to race on road courses. I don't mind a few Nascar road races a year, I actually go to Watkins Glen, but anything more than that is too much. Nascar is and always should be an oval series first.
NASCAR @ Rockingham [UK] pl0x
#25 - th84
Quote from J@tko :NASCAR @ Rockingham [UK] pl0x

No way. If they wont race at our Rockingham, then they better not race at yours.

Nascar
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG