The online racing simulator
Kit car advice
(45 posts, started )
Quote from theirishnoob :depends... you'll hate spinning all the time because these cars are generally Very hard to handle...

Ac cobra shell on a ford seirra chassis with a chevy/rover lump would be ideal...

Why are they hard to handle for you? Does the soft chassis, gentle power delivery and tonnes of feedback mean nothing to you, or are you so hamfisted that all cars are 'hard to handle'.

Or, maybe you don't know what you're talking about.
Don't use IMG tags ffs.
ok maybe this one was a tad too big
Quote from G!NhO :It may be VERY expansive

One of the cheapest ways to go 200mph on 4 wheels. And still go round corners.
http://www.pistonheads.tv/clip1504

Ultimas is shet, telling you now, you want an exige with a supercharged honda engine, this one is only running 300bhp and its toying with a 550bhp ultima
I wish i had a job as well paid as nathans, then I could afford 4 cars (one of them being an R500). Did you win the lottery or something.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :http://www.pistonheads.tv/clip1504

Ultimas is shet, telling you now, you want an exige with a supercharged honda engine, this one is only running 300bhp and its toying with a 550bhp ultima

550hp is with the standard engine PFFFFF

with a nice V8 engine the Ultima is way better
But you can put 500bhp in an exige/elise, that one was 300, not see it with the bursts of speed out of corners? left for dead.
Isn't that a function of gearing though? The Exige is probably geared for about 5mph flat out, and thus accelerates quickly, whilst the Ultima will be geared for about 10,000mph and thus accelerate slowly?

Me? I'd rather have the Ultima actually. The Exige is nice in a way, but I'd have the niggling suspicion it's a riced-up Elise in my mind all the time. It rarely comes out of the garage - the Griffith is far more fun to drive
Totally disagree, theres no way the ultima can match the adrenaline rush of that. Ive seen Paul O'Neill, Martin Donnely, Craig Dolby, plus countless other respected drivers who race Le Man prototypes (the guy in the blue elise races one of those 1000bhp datsun le man things) all totally been blown away by the speed of it. Did you watch the video? It was at snetterton and the elise was slighly pulling away from it on the long back straight, nothing to do with gearing.
yes but the Ultima only had the standard 550hp, the lotus wasnt standard so if you put an engine with more hp in the ultima it will fly away from that Lotus.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Don't use IMG tags ffs.

There is an option wich disables IMG tahgs lazy guy who wants it al his way.

On topic Id go for the lotus.
And wish id have the money to even buy a car when I turn 18
as far as i know a Lotus Exige isnt a kit kar, right?
Quote from tristancliffe :Isn't that a function of gearing though? The Exige is probably geared for about 5mph flat out, and thus accelerates quickly, whilst the Ultima will be geared for about 10,000mph and thus accelerate slowly?

Me? I'd rather have the Ultima actually. The Exige is nice in a way, but I'd have the niggling suspicion it's a riced-up Elise in my mind all the time. It rarely comes out of the garage - the Griffith is far more fun to drive

145mph is more than fast enough IMO - Plus the Exige would handle no doubt better than the Ultima because it's half the size.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :145mph is more than fast enough IMO - Plus the Exige would handle no doubt better than the Ultima because it's half the size.

Seen the Ultima on top gear test track?
Yeah but the difference is, if you tune an ultima engine and it goes pop how much will it set you back? I know you can build an awesome Honda engine for £2000 (not including engine)

so you can get an elise or exige down to 700kg probably more 760 with a honda engine, 500bhp or more, thats some serious power, theres a program where you can work out power to weight ratio somewhere. You won't need much more than that power for track use anyway. Just think the Veyron has a p/w ratio of 500bhp/t the exige is well over that, its cheaper, not a kit car, but you'd still be more or less rebuilding it from the ground up.

A well built one could crack 200mph, plus the possibilities of engines you can put in it are endless.
Quote from G!NhO :Seen the Ultima on top gear test track?

No I must have missed that episode!!! Silly question, really.

And you're forgetting that the Ultima has over 50% the power, but the chassis is only about 10% less good, so you're 40% better.

Kit car advice
(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG