The online racing simulator
#1 - Mb94
Joker Lap for my rallycross server?
I believe I made a thread with this question before, maybe a year ago or so, but didn't fix it, so I'm asking again; could anyone help me getting a joker lap insim for my server?
Drivers have to drive through the alternative part of the track once each race, and if they dont, they gets disqualified after they get to finish, just like real life rallycross.

hope you understand
#2 - Silox
What do you mean with the 'alternative part' of the track?
i think he means something with a "checkpoint" where u must drive througt it
-
(Dygear) DELETED by Dygear : Stupid Question
From my understanding, a 'Joker Lap' requires that a driver uses a different part of the course for that lap. I assume that would be implemented with the help of the AutoX feature of the Sim to give the an alternate path to the driver. This would require an 'InSim Checkpoint' to act as the register to see if the driver complied with this requirement as an AutoX checkpoint would not allow for the same trigger style.
#6 - Mb94
yeah... some kind of a checkpoint.
There were some servers who had joker lap before, and you got disqualified if you didn't reach that checkpoint once in a race.
Can anyone help me with fixing it?
We have it on liveforspeed.se servers a liveforspeed.se rxc and liveforspeed.se demo you may have been there and drive. But how u get it i dont know? go to our forum and ask there. http://forum.liveforspeed.se/index.php
You could use the SHIFT-U command to open the placeholder menu and set some checkpoints.

SHIFT-U, then set "Place objects:" to Yes (bottom left of screen).
Go into "marshall" menu (top right) and set "Route checker".

You have up to 3 checkpoints (they appear as circles, which you can shrink/enlarge to fit width of track using W and E keys). You should only need 2.

Set your start line and finish lines first, then place your first checkpoint (I assume on the bit of you track you only want to use once [Joker?]), then set 2nd checkpoint on the bit of track you want people to go on once they've finished the first lap.

Likely you'll only be able to do 2 laps, unless you set a 3rd placeholder before the 2nd, which should get you an extra lap.

Trial and error a bit maybe.

See diagram (amended picture from previous post)
Attached images
checkpoints.bmp
3 checkpoints.bmp
SHIFT U.jpg
#9 - Mb94
Quote from sinanju :You could use the SHIFT-U command to open the placeholder menu and set some checkpoints.

SHIFT-U, then set "Place objects:" to Yes (bottom left of screen).
Go into "marshall" menu (top right) and set "Route checker".

You have up to 3 checkpoints (they appear as circles, which you can shrink/enlarge to fit width of track using W and E keys). You should only need 2.

Set your start line and finish lines first, then place your first checkpoint (I assume on the bit of you track you only want to use once [Joker?]), then set 2nd checkpoint on the bit of track you want people to go on once they've finished the first lap.

Likely you'll only be able to do 2 laps, unless you set a 3rd placeholder before the 2nd, which should get you an extra lap.

Trial and error a bit maybe.

See diagram (amended picture from previous post)

But doesn't that mean that you have to drive a certain route? joker lap for example lap 1. What I meant was that you can choose when to do your joker lap, like in liveforspeed.se rx-servers
man i would love to get the insim, its just awesome

@ mb, good racing tonight on lfs.se rx server.
Quote from Mb94 :But doesn't that mean that you have to drive a certain route? joker lap for example lap 1. What I meant was that you can choose when to do your joker lap, like in liveforspeed.se rx-servers

I think you can still do it using the checkpoints idea, just maybe different way of placing them, and maybe in different order - see attached. Assuming you have to do a certain number of laps, a bit of trial and error on which checkpoint goes where, and can you do 'Joker' on first lap or on last lap.

Remember, you have to do Checkpoint 1 before Checkpoint 2 will register.

I think with a bit of trial and error, and rules about 1st and last lap you could get it to work. Shouldn't be hard. And you don't need to know any programming!

Layout your track on paper, stick a checkpoint line on the joker section, then a checkpoint line on the other section, then pretend drive round your track thinking what if I do this, then I do this, will this work? etc.

The other way is to ask the Admin on the server that has it if they use the SHIFT-U in some way or do they have their own little InSim program?
Attached images
Checkpoints.bmp
Use InSim and check coords. Once player completed joker lap, set some variable to 1. If after finish that variable is still 0, DQ.

Joker Lap for my rallycross server?
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG