The online racing simulator
Barrichello secures new F1 deal
(60 posts, started )
#1 - wild
I'm really happy to see that Barichello has confirmed a drive for the 'Honda' team for next year

Quote :Rubens Barrichello will extend his record as the most experienced driver in history this year, autosport.com has learned, after agreeing a deal to race for the soon-to-be-renamed Honda Racing outfit

Full Story:
Autosport Story
#2 - 5haz
They've picked experience over young promise, which might help them, Senna has hardly set the world on fire in lower formulae anyway, just because his surname happens to be Senna doesn't mean he will cruise to 3 world titles Im afraid.
#3 - wild
Yeah i think the more experianced will benefit in some ways. Truli, Barichello and Fisichella have all have experiance on Slick Tyres during the 1996 season so it should be really good for them!
#4 - 5haz
Quote from wild :Yeah i think the more experianced will benefit in some ways. Truli, Barichello and Fisichella have all have experiance on Slick Tyres during the 1996 season so it should be really good for them!

Well TBH the cars are still a bit far away from '96.

They should bring back 2 metre wide cars!
Quote from 5haz :They should bring back 2 metre wide cars!

im pretty sure trullis toyota is a lot wider than that anyway
#6 - 5haz

Hopefully the new rules should reduce the chance of another Truillitrain, we'll have to wait until Melbourne to see wether these much hyped rules actually work though.
Some good news.

I just hope Honda will not be piece of crap. Better end his great career in at least average car than in something Midland like.
Quote from 5haz :

Hopefully the new rules should reduce the chance of another Truillitrain, we'll have to wait until Melbourne to see wether these much hyped rules actually work though.

According to Glock following is just as hard as before, if not worse contrary to what Heidfeld claimed a few days ago
#9 - 5haz
Quote from Intrepid :According to Glock following is just as hard as before, if not worse contrary to what Heidfeld claimed a few days ago

Can't wait to see the egg on the FIA's faces.

But equally, I'd love to see plenty of overtaking.
Quote from 5haz :Can't wait to see the egg on the FIA's faces.

But equally, I'd love to see plenty of overtaking.

Well yeah, it's the teams and the fans who will suffer, I'm sure the bigwigs at the FIA will still sleep soundly at night.

But anyway, I don't think we'll really be able to tell until the first race, or maybe not even then. I'd say give it a few races on tracks good for overtaking to see if the changes have had the desired effect.
#11 - wild
How do they know that the knew cars will improve overtaking. I guarentee half of them haven't even drove an F1 car so how can they know?
Quote from Intrepid :According to Glock following is just as hard as before, if not worse contrary to what Heidfeld claimed a few days ago

Contradicted again by Williams' Sam Michael, who says the driver-adjustable front wing makes it easier to follow another car.
Am I the only one who doesnt want Barrichello back? He hasn't done anything decent since he left Ferrari and even then he was pretty average. I wonder how long teams are going to drag him around the back of the grid for before we get some fresh faces (hopefully not the over hyped fresh faces either).
Quote from sil3ntwar :Am I the only one who doesnt want Barrichello back? He hasn't done anything decent since he left Ferrari and even then he was pretty average. I wonder how long teams are going to drag him around the back of the grid for before we get some fresh faces (hopefully not the over hyped fresh faces either).

Well Brawn must see something in him. Senna certainly was bringing some hefty financial backing which they desperately need so Rubens must be good for something.
Meh i would of choose Senna.

The team is most likely going to be crap so you might as well experiment.

That and Button has shit loads of experince anyway.
#16 - JJ72
Quote from wild :How do they know that the knew cars will improve overtaking. I guarentee half of them haven't even drove an F1 car so how can they know?

they have their engineers and do their own testing, you wouldn't expect every year's tecnical rule changes are decided by somebody in a office no?
Quote from Mustafur :Meh i would of choose Senna.

The team is most likely going to be crap so you might as well experiment.

That and Button has shit loads of experince anyway.

Experience itself doesn't make it happens. For the car development, it is very important to give to the engineers a good feedback about how the car is handling, and have good skills to setup the car. Barrichello is good on this, and worked a lot with Brawn on Ferrari's development (so, they have a good patnership) and specially on a season with limited tests, it's crucial to squeeze the car's potential soon.

And, although not the fastest driver, Barrichello can be fast and consistent when motivated. So it was not a bad choice for Honda.
the problem is that with the testing ban senna would have 1 session to not only get used to an F1 car but also to decide what areas he felt should be developed. then he would be visiting a fair few new circuits in a car he wasn't that familiar with at a level he was not familiar with. barrichello has a proven development record especially with brawn and can bring a car home which is what the honda team desperatly need this year ( what are they calling themselves now? i assume it's not honda as it the "honda powered by mercedes" bit would be very embarrasing )

button has a reputation (true or not) for letting his head drop if the car's not competative and last year barrichello outscored him (yes the podium was lucky but so was buttons only F1 win and they both had to get the car in the position to benefit ). also if senna was with him, he would have no one to judge him by apart from a driver with very little time in the car and i suspect his team need to measure button's desire before next season. if he fails to beat barrichello this year then questions will be asked.

finally of course, if senna with his lack of experience damaged a few cars heavily it would offset some of his sponsorship money and the team would be labled as one who chose drivers on size of their (sponsors) wallet rather than ability plus the knock on effect of spending time and resources repairing rather than developing.
Great news and yes i am a Barichello fan for a reason some of you might know
Quote from sil3ntwar :Am I the only one who doesnt want Barrichello back?

No.

I think he will play the same "role" as Coulthard did last year.
Quote from 5haz :They've picked experience over young promise, which might help them, Senna has hardly set the world on fire in lower formulae anyway, just because his surname happens to be Senna doesn't mean he will cruise to 3 world titles Im afraid.

You are right. There are people quoting "If you think I am good, you should see my nephew" as if Ayrton actually said that. He's more overrated than Hamilton. We all KNEW Hamilton was good in karts, we just weren't 100% sure if he was gonna be good on the big time.
#22 - 5haz
But there can be those who have been uninspiring in the lower levels and have gone on to shine, such as Damon Hill, who never even won a race in F3000 (depsite often being somewhere near the front). And also those who have shone lower down and have gone on to suck.

It's probrably due to luck more than anything.
if senna is any good then he will find a drive next season if only due to the fact that his name brings a lot of sponsorship. in fact not being signed and so missing a season in an undeveloped car with not testing time to get used to it may actually be a good thing for him. if he had a disaster this season people would only see his results not the car problems
Quote from 5haz :But there can be those who have been uninspiring in the lower levels and have gone on to shine, such as Damon Hill, who never even won a race in F3000 (depsite often being somewhere near the front). And also those who have shone lower down and have gone on to suck.

It's probrably due to luck more than anything.

he never shined, when he got into f1 he was given the best car imaginable. He couldn't go wrong.
#25 - 5haz
Quote from Mustafur :he never shined, when he got into f1 he was given the best car imaginable. He couldn't go wrong.

He didn't have it so easy in 94, and in 95 he was one of the few that could hold a candle to Schumacher.

Just because someone doesn't win the championship doesn't mean they're not good, your posts in various threads are begining to make me think you really don't have a clue.

(60 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG