The online racing simulator
MoE rules, common sense, ad hoc ruling etc... [continued]
Originally from over here:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=54745

Quote :Due to being annoyed by some ruling of admin team during the last race I would like to make next statement and bring up some facts that will show my point of view to the public so that they too realize the level of incompetence by admin team not only during this last race by through out the season. So please, take your time, read through it and I'm sure you will realize what I'm talking about. Also feel free to comment (if admins do not delete or lock this thread)

1. skin issue:
Rule is clear, we made a mistake by using wrong LFS installation with old skin, but we had: correct number plate, correct sunstrip, correct driver names, correct MoE logo, and the only thing that was missing was race logo (we had 24h race logo). The fact is that some teams use so small race logos that they are hardly visible, but because we were fair enough to this league we maximized race logo whenever we could, that is why our 24h race logo was noticeable, and brought it to admins attention.
Another fact about this issue is that this will not make any difference to our performance and would not interfere with performance of any other car on the track.
Moreover, the fact is that one other car, also had a 24h race logo, which went unpunished... how about it? I will not name it, but unfortunately, because it is only one team, name will come up, its admins job, not mine. Sorry to the team in question I hope you will not lose anything by it.
And another fact is that, by the rules, penalty for "car with NO livery" is not DT as we were given. Another point of incompetence or common sense by admins?

2. driver naming issue
Taking similarities of this skin issue with driver name rule, which is well written and so damn clear that I really don't know why admins do not utilize it, because they are the ones who wrote it.
It clearly says what format name we have to use, and what are the penalties. Yet through out the season, 5 races, we see people not having their name right. Moreover, when this rule is broken, driver in question needs to change his name, which is not the case with skin issue. Also this wrong name can not make driver faster, or make others interfered by it, but still they are forced by rules to change it. And guess what, the rule is there, and admins do not utilize it as they should, even in this race there were numerous drivers with wrong name format and I will not name anyone, that is admins job... and there were a lot of drivers with wrong names. How is skin issue different from the name issue when the name rule is even more strict?
Admins would probably call it a common sense.

3. driver nominations issue
Again we see clear statement of deadline for driver nominations, and I don't really care what you ad hoc allow or not, when it is not written anywhere. That common sense is so far very questionable so I don't really know how anyone can take it seriously. As stated by admins this is due to common sense...

4. point not related to admin team, but to fellow competitors
I got flaming from a certain person here that I see that was erased and I really hope he saw my answer, it would be good to him.
We see many drivers very unaware of situation on track. I still hold this league as the best in LFS, and teams in it as best as LFS can provide, but still I'm puzzled about some drivers... I can be regularly found on mirc during the race because I'm not driving, and you can communicate with me that way if you want to bring to my team attention some blue flag issue or whatever that we can work out in the way that is the best for both teams. Also I try to do it myself but some teams are deaf to it...
Blue flag issue is the most interesting one. Not only in this race, I saw some drivers very arrogant or whatever over blue flag, and it is not the same to every driver on track... like "oh no, here's spdo coming, let them pass quickly, they are big team" - compared to - "Serbian Racers, who are they, who cares about letting them pass in a nice clean way" (team names are just for example) even though Serbian Racers at that moment can have a driver that is far quicker than driver about to be lapped. It's just wrong behavior...

I know many people will not like me because of my protests. I don't need you to like me, I want you to be fair to me as a fellow participant as I am to you. That's all I care about. Even if by this I become persona non grata, you can not deny me and the facts presented here.

Summary (most important points in this novel of mine):
- not all the rules and punishments are the same for every team
- common sense questionable, and differentiates from rule to rule and from team to team

thnx for reading, leave a comment,
best regards,
Milan
manager of AutoMotoTrke.net Sim Racing Team

Quote from DWB :Rules are the same for everyone.

We admit when we are wrong.

We were not wrong in our decisions in this race, in our opinion.

As stated in the protest thread, if you have an issue with the admin team you should bring it directly to us rather than making a thread like this. This is your last warning.

Thanks.

Is that all admins have to say or will you just keep locking and deleting posts/threads you don't like?
Racing is just as dramatic as drifting now I see.
#3 - Gil07
You already got your answer Milan, what more do you want? You're only making yourself look bad...
OMG i can't stop laughing at this guy, let it go ffs!
AMT's gonna win the Most Desperated-for-winning Team Award next year, that's for sure.
Quote from Gil07 :You already got your answer Milan, what more do you want? You're only making yourself look bad...

What part you dont understand?

Quote :
I know we can not revert some things now, but the conclusions need to be taken into account for future references...

I expect ruling to be more transparent, admins to step out and admit when they are wrong, drivers too... generally speaking and not to admins or racers - I know we are all humans, it is natural to make mistakes, but how much human you are depends on how you handle your mistakes and what actions do you take about them.

I expect rules same for everyone, no more ad hoc rules known to admins and certain persons only, we should be all equal here.
I expect admins not to act on their questionable common sense anymore but by the rules which are written already or write down some addition to them. Their common sense will not get high value with me again, hardly ever again...

I'm not pointing to certain admin, because I do not and I do not want to know who stands by some decisions.

WoW I'm a genius! I knew who opened the the topic by reading only the thread title on the main page.
Quote from Ziomek21 :AMT's gonna win the Most Desperate-for-winning Award next year, that's for sure.

Its not about the win... we would not have been close to it if f1rst did not have disco... its about stupid ruling that anyone could have encountered or will in future... try using some more thinking in it...
Quote from Dragonmen :stupid ruling that anyone have encountered or will in future

Even the stupidest rules are rules. Despite they can be total nonsense you have to obey them.
Quote from Dragonmen :Its not about the win... we would not have been close to it if f1rst did not have disco... its about stupid ruling that anyone could have encountered or will in future... try using some more thinking in it...

You are acting as if they are capable of running a perfect league.

- It's not going to happen.
- No one (real world or in a sim) can make one.
- Don't believe me? Try it.
Quote from Ziomek21 :Even the stupidest rules are rules. Despite they can be total nonsense you have to obey them.

And that is exactly what I'm looking for!!! Now you get the point...

Utilize the name format rule, same for every one!
Utilize the skin format rule, same for everyone!
Quote from PMD9409 :You are acting as if they are capable of running a perfect league.

- It's not going to happen.
- No one (real world or in a sim) can make one.
- Don't believe me? Try it.

I do not see admin team tried it in this issues, really I don't... nothing is perfect but we can all aim to it.

Few times I have offered my help to DWB as he was the one from admin team I have some communication. Is it so hard, if you dont want to have this skin issue to have one person to check all skins? It can be done in few minutes during the race... and that way you will not have different ruling for different teams...

Skin issues is just one thing.

What about names? The rule is more than clear... come on! Yet it is reverted to common sense ad hoc ruling not to punish teams with wrong names...
Why did you post this here? To shame MoE? That's really all you're accomplishing with this thread. If you have a problem take it up with the MoE admins, this section is not for specific league discussions, and we don't care about your feud with DWB.
#15 - chaa
dragonmen I think the way you're dealing with the topic is annoying and should be discussed with the MoE admins and not in public...
@ cha and cobra>
Issues are public matter and should be discussed publicly.
This is not to shame MoE, I admire MoE, and no matter what I say and do it would still be great lfs league.
And I do not have issue with DWB in person but with MoE admin team, please dont mix it.

And finally if you dont like this thread just dont read it... I know there are people who are interested in what admins will say about noted issues...
i dont under stand what this topic is about!

if it about the rules I under stand them if you dont then ask a admin to answer your problem rule. if you do not under stand the admin say so and they will try and explain it a diffrent way to you..

by the way - these rules are easy to understand
These issues are NOT public matter and have nothing to do with LFS, these are issues you have with the MOE league rules which the MOE admins wrote. There is no point in you posting this in General Discussion unless you are shaming the league admins. These are league-specific rules and there is nothing for the community to discuss, many of which don't race in MOE. You say you respect MOE, but then you post a thread in General Discussion attacking their abilities to enforce their own rules? I only see this as you shaming the MOE league. Take it up with the MOE admins, not the LFS community.
My understanding is that he did post this in the MOE section first, but the admins locked the thread without giving him the answer he wanted. So he posted here since league section owners can't lock threads outside their section. I don't want to read what's it about much, but I do understand why he would post here...
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :These issues are NOT public matter and have nothing to do with LFS, these are issues you have with the MOE league rules which the MOE admins wrote. There is no point in you posting this in General Discussion unless you are shaming the league admins. These are league-specific rules and there is nothing for the community to discuss, many of which don't race in MOE. You say you respect MOE, but then you post a thread in General Discussion attacking their abilities to enforce their own rules? I only see this as you shaming the MOE league. Take it up with the MOE admins, not the LFS community.

+1

Well Said
Quote from AutoPilot :My understanding is that he did post this in the MOE section first, but the admins locked the thread without giving him the answer he wanted. So he posted here since league section owners can't lock threads outside their section. I don't want to read what's it about much, but I do understand why he would post here...

Right on the spot, thanx for understanding the point of posting it here.

Pozdrav!

@cobra> read explanation above that AutoPilot gave you, if you are not part of MoE, or you have never been, then subject of this post/thread is not related to you, you can freely jump over it...
I want public, MoE public above all, to be be able to read what I have to say on this issues, in hope that I, and the public, will have answers on this issues.

So anyone not understanding what this is about, do not comment, or first of all try to understand and then make comment...
Dragonmen it seems like this is a personal debate and you should carry it out in PM's rather than slugging it out on LFSForum. Just my 2c.
You can't tell people to not post in a General Discussion thread, if you don't like it then FO.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :You can't tell people to not post in a General Discussion thread, if you don't like it then FO.

Pearcy your language aimed at me is twice in 24h very bad, and in anyway I did not mention you in my posts before you went calling me names, you got your reply once and I think that was enough... I see your post was deleted.
I will not go down on your level of talking, it only gives a picture what person you are. I have never insulted anyone and will not insult anyone here. So, kindly, back off!

@S14> Thanx for 2c, makes me richer now joke, don't flame
Because your frustrating me so much, keep going at this rate and you'll beat Jakg on posts..
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG