The online racing simulator
Xbox 360 controllers - good alternatives to official pad?
Hi all. I have a small problem with the official pad and it seems to be quite common which is the d-pad.

Its fine for most of my games but I recently got Street Fighter IV and I found it terrible in trying to initiate charging characters supers and ultras. Also, something which bothers me in the design is the left and right bumpers (used for light punch/kick) which makes a bit awkward to do combos (e.g.: Akuma's jump fierce kick, down medium kick, weak tatsumaki combo) so would there be an alternative layout that would be similair to that of the original xbox pad (bulky one) with the black and white buttons positioned similairly to the six-button pad of the Mega Drive/Genesis.

The button layout isn't too crucial as it just takes some getting used to but the d-pad bit is quite frustrating. I know some of may think that to just get an arcade stick but to be honest, I actually prefer the d-pad setup.

I'd be looking for a bigger and softer d-pad to make it easier to do the quarter-forward/back attacks during combos.

Thanks for the help
the ps3 or x360 pad, their good.
Hey, Im guessing you may have seen these?
Eh eh eh? . Cool! Thanks . I'll search for that.
Yeah, I saw the arcade stick. As I mentioned in my initial post, I'm not really interested in arcade sticks because I wasn't really part of the arcade scene in the early 90s so have much more experience with d-pad use from my mega drive days but mainly because of the price to which I could buy 3 or 4 games for that kind of money.

About that FightPad though, I've looked on amazon but they haven't got it yet? Is it actually released in Europe or only US? And if it is released in EU, best place to buy one for price? The US amazon site have it selling there for $105
Sorry, my mistake. I didn't pay attention and must have overread the part about arcade sticks in your initial post.

I haven't searched for them, but i know some gamestore here in switzerland has them. They won't ship outside of the country however.
I'd say it is something only huge fans of the series should get anyway. It looks nice and all, but i'm sure i would regret having spent so much money on a controller which i'll use for only one game.

On the other hand... i agree about the xbox controller. I have the game aswell, and it's not a joy to play it like that (i had Street Fighter II (i think) on my SNES).
Well, I'm not interested in the aesthetics of the pad, just the button layout. Of course, if its going to sell for a crazy price, I wouldn't be interested.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG