The online racing simulator
IP filter "Allow List"
(2 posts, started )
IP filter "Allow List"
I have compiled a list of IP’s of all LFS servers on the Master List that show up in game to be used with IP filtering software. I don't know if anyone here uses programs such as PeerGuardian 2, but I like to leave it running to keep my computer safe, but it tends to block game servers.

For anybody that uses PeerGuardian 2 (or similar IP filtering program) you may have notice that many of the LFS servers are blocked by even common block lists of just problematic IPs. i.e. Level 1, ads, known spammers, known hackers, spy ware ect...

Leaving PG2 enabled would pretty much stall out the game. I left PG2 running with the previously mentioned lists and made a sandwich while refreshing the LFS server list just to see how many were blocked. 20 minutes and a couple more sandwiches it was still trying to reach servers and only about 100 of 934 had popped up.

I will update the allow list weekly when the server list is near its peak like a weekend afternoon. I am setting the filters to display the maximum number of servers, and hopefully all of the servers listed on the master list will show. The filter includes Private, Public, Empty, Reset allowed, and Cruise servers with ALL cars.

I am working on getting the list hosted at IBlockList for those familiar with the site. Iblocklist hosts lists for PG2 and other IP filtering programs.

For now I threw it up on my dropbox: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/175620/LFS%20Servers.txt
lol
cool sounds good, thanks for the tiip I contacted LFS for similar reasons, for payment, I dont trust my connection to be secure, I know LFS is secure, but it is on my side, that I am unsure about, since there are many ways anyone can gain access to a computer, via remote and terminal services, network nodes, etc... network security is always something people should be more aware of, because all it take is 1 bad click, or an html with an embedded CGI script / perl script (common gateway interface, people use them to access servers that are normally inaccessable)... and p0of, they got all your info, or whatever else is on there.

If you want to be really safe without having to run that program, it uses a lot of memory I bet, like wireshark, instead, just get a small packet sniffer, that will pickup any network traffic on your connection, or lan. Thats what I use, It also tells me whats in the packets being sent and transmitted, and both the source and destination IP's. It helps a lot, and probably will let you be able to relax a little easier. =)

IP filter "Allow List"
(2 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG