The online racing simulator
How to get Nintendo USB Wi-Fi Connector by Buffalo to work?
Hi... I've got a Wii, and I want to play with it online. Today I went into a store, and bought a Nintendo USB Wi-Fi Connector by Buffalo, wich is actually the official Nintendo product. The product code of this thingy is NTR-010. So far so good: I followed the instalation instructions ect. And finally got the setup finalised. Then the Wii tried to do a connection test, wich failed like some Events I ran or I was in. Ok... I thought it was a distance problem... my Desktop PC is 5 meters away from my Wii and inbetween there are two tables (or desks?). So I connected the Wii video output with my Videocard and tried to connect the Wii from about 0 centimeter to the USB stick. To cut a long story short, nothing changed. Code 52190 (I think)... Explenation from setup guied: Cannot connect to the Internet... very helpful indeed... noone would have thought about that, would he?
I checked in my network connections list and found a new connection, simply called connection 4. It got internet sharing with connection 2. Connection 2 has 100Mbit/s, connection 4 (wich I think was the one over the connector) 1Mbit/s.
Where does this come from? I mean I read in other forums than this, that for most guys it is plug 'n' play. On all Nintendo Websites there was only one thing to this Error I get: Maybe your Network is not fitting to the Wi-Fi USB Connector...

I'm really desperate right now... after a hard day I was hoping for some Smash Bros Brawl or FIFA 09 online, but no... it just got harder... I can hardly find any facts about what is going on with this stuff...

I hope you know more... Thanks for your help or at least for reading this thread...

Falke
with my wii i didn't bother with their usb connector as i have a wireless router, i just set up the connection no problem the wii found the network, i entered the pasword and away it went
We've also a WLAN router, but the problem is it is way to far away to connect to it ... I'd need to pull down 6 walls to get a undisturbed connection
Quote from TFalke55 :Hi... I've got a Wii, and I want to play with it online. Today I went into a store, and bought a Nintendo USB Wi-Fi Connector by Buffalo, wich is actually the official Nintendo product. The product code of this thingy is NTR-010. So far so good: I followed the instalation instructions ect. And finally got the setup finalised. Then the Wii tried to do a connection test, wich failed like some Events I ran or I was in. Ok... I thought it was a distance problem... my Desktop PC is 5 meters away from my Wii and inbetween there are two tables (or desks?). So I connected the Wii video output with my Videocard and tried to connect the Wii from about 0 centimeter to the USB stick. To cut a long story short, nothing changed. Code 52190 (I think)... Explenation from setup guied: Cannot connect to the Internet... very helpful indeed... noone would have thought about that, would he?
I checked in my network connections list and found a new connection, simply called connection 4. It got internet sharing with connection 2. Connection 2 has 100Mbit/s, connection 4 (wich I think was the one over the connector) 1Mbit/s.
Where does this come from? I mean I read in other forums than this, that for most guys it is plug 'n' play. On all Nintendo Websites there was only one thing to this Error I get: Maybe your Network is not fitting to the Wi-Fi USB Connector...

I'm really desperate right now... after a hard day I was hoping for some Smash Bros Brawl or FIFA 09 online, but no... it just got harder... I can hardly find any facts about what is going on with this stuff...

I hope you know more... Thanks for your help or at least for reading this thread...

Falke

get a wireless router, Buffalo is the best one.

try using AOSS? it worked very well for me

E: i have buffalo, but what kind of type you have falke? i have "Buffalo AirStation Turbo G" costs only about 50€ and supports every wireless Internet connection i use perfeclty

E2: Try to beat me in SSBB :P

E3: Sorry about edits, i dont wanna spam :P , anyway. USB connector is clearly the slowest and the most unreliable one, Nintendo Doesnt make them anymore, because they just suck and theyre slow. Thats Why i use AOSS - supported Wireless router.
can't you just connect it with a normal lan cable?
Quote from ACCAkut :can't you just connect it with a normal lan cable?

no. there isnt a hole in Wii for lan cable
Quote from ACCAkut :can't you just connect it with a normal lan cable?

no cos its a crap excuse for modern technology.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG