The online racing simulator
#1 - Crady
Logitech profiler only works in windowed mode under Vista32... :(
Hi!

I use the profiler to use an makro on the shifter for F9->F10->F11->F12->F12.

Under XP there is no problem, but under Vista Ultimate 32 now this Makro sometimes does not work. Sometimes it works again if I activate a "fake" Profile in the Profiler, jump back to LFS and the re-activate the LFS profile again.

But sometimes when changing back to LFS I have neither FFB nor a working profiler...

Does anybody know how to fix it?

My specs:

Vista 32 Ultimate
Logitech Profiler 5.04

btw: I have this problem either with my old DFP or with my new G25...

But playing LFS in windoed mode fixes this problem, but windoed mode on an onls 19´´ ??? - NO!!
Is there a specific profiler version for Vista? Try installing that if there is one.
#4 - VOLK
you dont really need the logitech profiler for that.
in LFS go to options -> controls -> alt +F (or cntrl+F)
there you can assign a wheel button and write a coomand for it.

for my self i have done this:

ALT + F8 /press F12 wheel button 32
ALT + F9 /press up wheel button 32
ALT + F10 /press down wheel button 32
ALT + F11 /press left wheel button 32
ALT + F12 /press right wheel button 32

(wheel button numbers are just an example)

hope this helps

ps.
btw my profiler 5.00.171 works fine in vista 32bit
#5 - Crady
Thank you, VOLK!

This works! But is it possible to assign more keys on one Button like:

F9, F10, F11, F12 in a row? else I would have trashed 4 buttons I could use for other things...
-
(JasonJ) DELETED by JasonJ
-
(JasonJ) DELETED by JasonJ
done
yes rotating/cycling button functions can be acheived with lfs scripts.
If you give me some time I'll write one up.

What button on the G25 do you want to cycle the F9,F10,F11,F12 keys?

edit:
haha, I had nearly finsihed it and look here..
http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/S ... .3E_F12_.3E_Off.22_Toggle
You will have to edit some parts if you want it to be another G25 button. It's set up to use the first RED button on the shifter, (Button 0) You can press the G25 buttons in LFS controls menu to see what each button number is called, it will light up with a number in game in the menu when you press them.
#7 - Crady
Wow, thank you! This works like charme exactly as I imagined

But there still is the problem with sometimes no ffb when playing in full screen mode... In windowde mode I have no problems...

Any clues? Do I perhaps need to run LFS or the profiler as Admin?

I had simular problems with my old DFP and profiler 5.02 too under Vista32 - but the FFB still worked. Only the macro did not work sometimes.
sorry for the bump but i have a problem and do not feel like creating a new thread

what is wrong with my vista i think home premium 64 bit fresh install

anyone?
It does that when the wheel is disconnected and the profiler can no-longer detect it. It may be possible something else has caused it, I dunno.

I've never had any profiler problems in Vista(32 or 64) as long as the profiler window has been loaded at least once in that windows session and no other program/window steals focus from LFS.

Incidentally, as this is a different issue, you should really have made a new thread IMO
i have made so many threads that i am ashamed :rolleyes:

i have a logitech attack 3 joystick and a g25 that are both connected, and when i installed it the joystick was reckognised by computer. also when i right click on the bottom right icon that represents the profiler they are both reckognised...

should i just contact logitech tech support? (i havent tried it yet :razz
Quote from logitekg25 : should i just contact logitech tech support? (i havent tried it yet :razz

Probably

I've never had the profiler window do that while it knows the controller is there, so I can't help you
before i get all of the logitech support bull-$hit3 the window doesnt reckognise the controllers, only the quick launch thing or hatever it is called

calling logitech
oops

left it hanging, ya the profiler is great, but the ffb is horrible, not working in lfs (or rfactor i think as i just played it for the first time :shrug

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG