The online racing simulator
2009 Kyoto 250 : Qualifying
Hello all !

We are one week away from qualifying, so it's time to start preparing. It will be kind of a long day for some. It's a two-part process.

First, we'll start off with a standard hotlap session, run by the automatic system. This will be run in /laps=0 (Practice) mode so time is not a concern. We can get through 15-20 drivers in about 40 minutes, so 90 minutes for the session tops if we get 40 to 45 drivers able to run. You will be ordered by the application, and will have one outlap, two hotlaps, and one inlap. You MUST complete the inlap without delay, and return to the line in pitlane just before the bend. you are to park behind any car(s) already there, and as close to the wall as you can get. You are not to spectate yourself. An admin will spectate you when needed. Note: You do NOT need to be present in Ventrillo for this session.

Following completion of all hotlaps, there will be a break of between 15-20 minutes. During this break, I will sort the times into an Excel spreadsheet, and post it to the fourms. If you end up in an odd-numbered position, you will be participating in Twin 115 Race 1. If you end up in an even-numbered position, you will be participating in Twin 115 Race 2. You are NOT to be in the server in the race other than yours. There will be distinct separations between the two. The Twin 115s will have a separate thread for exact discussions. Ventrilo is MANDATORY for your race. If you are not in Vent by the deadline posted, you will start from the back of the grid. If you do not show up in Ventrilo, You will not be allowed to race.

Once the Twin 115's are complete, the grid will be set, and posted within 24hours of completion of the last of two Twin 115s.

Qualifying Day is Sunday, 1st March 2009, starting at 14:00 UTC.

We are intending to broadcast this entire part, so you can follow along when you're not qualifying or racing.

Attached is a document that I hope will help illustrate how the grid will be set.

-dekojester
Attached files
Kyoto250QualSample.pdf - 44 KB - 250 views
Wow, this is some intense stuff. I'm so glad that you guys are much more organized than last year. Plus a full broadcast NICE!

May I make a suggestion for the broadcast: Please make note of the people who dont qualify as well. I want everyone to get some spotlight so if I completely mess up I still get to feel important
kyoto 500 eh?
Despite your best efforts Deko, is still dont understand that Q system.
Looks like very interresting though.
I guess i will just run fast like hell so i get to the main race.
This must be a serious typo
what is "25 Provisional 1 "?
can I see the time on insim?
Quote from hyntty :kyoto 500 eh?

250miles race plus the twin races makes nearly 500

one of dekos typos, I think
Quote from scania :what is "25 Provisional 1 "?
can I see the time on insim?

This is the fastest hotlap (qualifying time) who didn't race into the 250 by placing in the top 11 in their respective twin duel race.
The 6 fastest hotlaps (qualifying times) qualify for the 250 (again, that didn't race their way in).
So what you see is 25=grid position. .. Provisional 1 means fastest qualifying time (who didn't race their way in).

The provisional places will be revealed after the two 115 races. (I assume).

(Answering the question mostly to make sure I understand as well).
Quote from Kid222 :Despite your best efforts Deko, is still dont understand that Q system.
Looks like very interresting though.
I guess i will just run fast like hell so i get to the main race.

The top 2 hotlappers are in. The top 11 of the twin races are in. The 6 fastest times that didn't race their way in, are in.

That's the quick and dirty explanation as I understand it. There is a bit of a tricky point with the top two guys' placing in the 115s don't count (their place in the 250 is secure).

Racing your balls off in the qualifying will definitely be a good idea.
Quote from JayEyeBee :The top 2 hotlappers are in. The top 11 of the twin races are in. The 6 fastest times that didn't race their way in, are in.

That's the quick and dirty explanation as I understand it. There is a bit of a tricky point with the top two guys' placing in the 115s don't count (their place in the 250 is secure).

race 1 finishers line up in order on inside lane behind top hotlapper, race2 finishers line up outside lane behind second fastest hotlapper, so yer basically racing your way in to get a good starting spot, if yer not one of the fastest htolappers

deko maybe you should have a practice session that uses this system so ppl get it. 8 or 10 lap races will do it, just to get the format down.
Got the format down pat, thanks deko.
Quote from hyntty :kyoto 500 eh?

Fixed !

Quote from JayEyeBee :This is the fastest hotlap (qualifying time) who didn't race into the 250 by placing in the top 11 in their respective twin duel race.
The 6 fastest hotlaps (qualifying times) qualify for the 250 (again, that didn't race their way in).
So what you see is 25=grid position. .. Provisional 1 means fastest qualifying time (who didn't race their way in).

The provisional places will be revealed after the two 115 races. (I assume).

(Answering the question mostly to make sure I understand as well).

Quote from JayEyeBee :The top 2 hotlappers are in. The top 11 of the twin races are in. The 6 fastest times that didn't race their way in, are in.

You got it !

Quote from z-ro 8 :deko maybe you should have a practice session that uses this system so ppl get it. 8 or 10 lap races will do it, just to get the format down.

Yah, sounds like a good idea....the two Friday sessions will do something like this.

d
Leave it to NASCAR to come up with the most complicated points/provisional systems in the world
How much laps are the Twins 115???
Quote from dforce :how much laps are the twins 115???

115 divided with track length.
Quote from JO53PHS :115 Miles, not 115 laps. Pillock.

I was wondering too. That would be almost whole 250 race.
.. I obviously thought he asked how many miles. It happens.
Thanks Deko, that's a great qual format
And a broadcast.... schweeeeeet
It certainly helps those who can race, and only credits a minimum amount of hotlappers
I'll be very probably not aviable next Sunday for professional reasons, is there any chances for me to be in reserve for the 250 if less than 30 guys show up?
the qual will start 26hrs later?
am I right?
Clocks are tickin' down with 25h 22min to go.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG