The online racing simulator
Can't reach certain web pages, have tried everything
The title says it all. My parents computer has this strange problem that you can't get to some web pages, the browser just doesn't even start loading the page. Tried to restart the web browser, restart windows, reinstall browser, tried different versions, tried other browsers...no luck so far. The web page is www.op.fi.

The strage thing is that I hooked my own computer to the adsl router-thingie and everything works fine, the page downloads and works ok. So it must be something in the computer. My parents told me that the page didn't work few days before either, but has worked before that ok...

I also tried to ping the address and it works. Also tried to tracert the page, everything ok again. But the web page just won't open. Googling didn't find anything.

Specs:
Windows XP, Kerio firewall and antivir virus prog. Opera 8.52 and 8.5. Also tested IE. All up to date.

???
Perhaps opening ports 80+81? Which I believe is what TCP/HTML uses. Of course, don't take my word on this, because I'm usually wrong.

I don't think the web page being a certified and secured site would have anything to do with it?
#3 - Vain
Does the URL resolv correctly?
(Press Start -> Run -> Enter "command" -> Type "ping www.op.fi" and see the response)
The generated output might be helpful. Either the URL doesn resolve into an IP or the URL resolves correctly but the connection can't be established.
Please report the full output of the command or summerize it if you know what the command is about and all that URL, DNS, trace etc. jazz .

Vain
I'll check the ping output tomorrow.

Maybe it's about the site being certified and secured but I really don't know what could it be. I'm a bit lost with it atm...
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I can't test it now, but it could be that... how to fix?
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
@Thisnameistaken:
The url you provided works ok, no problems with it. So it's not a problem with the secured...thing

The strange thing is that I reinstalled the firewall and no help neither. It's the newest kerio... I think the problem has to do something with the newest version of opera, since the problem appeared pretty much right after updating opera from 8.5 to 8.52. But no clue what it might be since different version of opera or any other browsers won't open it...

There seem to be nothing wrong with the ping&tracert, check attachment.

I need more help

EDIT: and I'd really like to fix this, I'm already getting tired of paying my parent's bills
Attached images
pinkponk.jpg
treissi.jpg
#7 - Vain
The only thing were I can guess at is that this is a registry-related problem.
The url resolves, data can be exchanged, something in the registry must be blocking.

Vain
Any ideas how to continue from here? Registry cleaners...?
#9 - Vain
There are propably less than 5 people on the world who really know what to do with the registry.... Reinstall windows?
I just don't think you will come to a no-reinstall-solution in any sensable amount of time.

Vain
I just ran a couple of registry cleaners with no luck. But I noticed that when the browser is trying to connect to the www.op.fi it gives me error message 810. Something wrong about certificates? Should I update the certificates or...? And how to do that...

Any suggestions?
#11 - Vain
Now you've got something to talk about!

Though I really have no clue about certificates - I'm glad when they leave me alone. But I guess you can talk with google now and get senseful infos from it, no?

Vain
So far, no help from google... But I'll keep trying Seems I have to download some patch from microsoft, though it's like trying to find way out from labyrinth, the MS website... it's just the worst place to try to find anything.

But at least I have a clue now
Check that the certificate is valid & everything! then check in the browser config to make sure it will allow secure sites or secure sites that have an invalid certificate !
It may not be allowing you because the certificate is not "secure"

Give it a go
You could use a proxy server to connect to it maybe ?

Or go to google and google the web address, then when it finds the correct one click on the "cache" link.

Proxy server - www.hidemyass.com
Check your MTU Size. When your MTU is set too high some Packets flow through the line and some not. This leads exactly to what you have.

Search the Web on how to set the MTU (Maximum Transfer Unit) Size in Windows Registry. IMHO it´s set to 1492 and you need a lower one (i.e. 1412).

I had a similar Problem in my Company when my Provider changed his SDSL Lines. After applying the correct MTU Size in my Firewall Boxes it worked flawless again.
You could try to look for the certificates you got for that website. If you say there is something wrong with certificates. In firefox you can see them in Extra - Options - Advanced - Security. The website works fine for me, but it is secured. Invalid certificate maybe? I'm no computer wiz, but there is always room for trying and experiments

Maybe try buedi's advice first
Could be spyware/malware
I didn't see it mentioned in the other posts, which I read rather quickly, but have you checked the PC to see if it is infected with spyware or other malware? Some malicious software will redirect or hijack your browser. There are several good (and free) anti-spyware products available, including one from Microsoft, with which you may scan the machine.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG