The online racing simulator
Hello from a n00b (ish) driver
(25 posts, started )
Hello guys and gals,

I've been playing LFS off and on for a while now but I think it's time I got good at it LOL. I just thought I'd pop my head up and say hello to everyone! In the past I had alot of setup issues (such as erratic force feedback making the car twitch) but I’ve gone for a fresh install and everything seems to be fine now

I drive a J reg Austin Mini (998) and love the UF1000 and XFGTR.

Hope to see you all on the track

-Jarmin
Budshovel
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
LOL, I saw this post and thought, bah, another noob making a useless post!

Erm, turns out it's BSR.Jarmin!

BTW i'm fixing the shoutbox on the website, debugging html/perl is NOT my forte

it's open to anybody, but it's not quite working yet, i think, i need to figure out how to get the posts to actually show up once you've entered them, i'm confused but getting there .

feel free to drop by to abuse the budshovel team, the url is:- http://word.budshovel.co.uk/
Another Norfolk-ese type person, good to see , maybe we should have a county to county LFS league, judging by the amount of Norfolk based drivers out there I am sure we would win LOL.

Dan,

you knows it
Or we could just arrange a day at Wild Tracks (near Thetford) for Norfolkers
Wonder how many are from Norfolk infact?, I know of at least 5.

Dan,
How about Snetterton? One of the few UK tracks I've not been on. I'd come up for it even though I'm in Surrey
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I am fairly mad already, I was born and breed in Essex, go figure

Snettie? I work a stones throw from there, have driven it a good few times, they have track days over there but not much else really, unless you want to drive round the RC car track.

Dan,
Quote from thisnameistaken :My auntie Olive lived in Norfolk and she went mad.

It just takes time.....

i like the idea of a day out down @ trax, but there's a pretty good kart track near cromer thats freindly and cheap (absolutely mental in the wet after dark, like last time i went ).

and the snett is always holding testing/track days, might be fun to share a car or two and go for a blast,
Also outdoor track at Swaffham, if its still open/there.

Dan,
might be worth starting a thread about this, get the attention of the other locals, i'm starting to like the idea of an anglian LFS meet, and we'll get the chance to slap tristan about a bit with a trout
Quote from danowat :Also outdoor track at Swaffham, if its still open/there.

Dan,

Brilliant fun, especially in the damp with slicks. As far as I know it still exists, and they were planning on expanding it and improving the whole site.
Sounds like fun, heck even a quick couple of hours at battlenet on St Stephens having a race would be fun (not sure if they have LFS), could do it while the missus goes shopping .
I would be up for an event some kind at Swaffham, I would probably come last again as per the other karting event, not sure I would be up for an endurance event though LOL

Dan,
Never been there, but I used to see it when I caught the bus from just outside it. Above Iceland isn't it?
Yeah, never been there myself either.

Dan,
well, we could hire out a village hall or something, would only cost about £40 for a whole day, split that between the lot of us and we've got a LAN party.
Wrong side of the country for me . . . Deepest Darkest Wales. Well, Cardiff anyway. Not that I am welsh. I'm English, born and bred Oxford boy but the bird lived in Cardiff so I did the decent thing . . . At least I did after I knocker her up . . . oops.

Although my little one has now officially become a toddler . . . Ooo and Ahh please. Ooo and Ahh.

But it's nice to see a good Brit contingent getting up and running. Good to see the flag flying . . .
#19 - Jakg
Quote from danowat :Another Norfolk-ese type person, good to see , maybe we should have a county to county LFS league, judging by the amount of Norfolk based drivers out there I am sure we would win LOL.

Dan,

so im he only suffolk driver? im screwed!
#20 - Vain
Ooo and Ahh.

Vain
Quote from Jakg :so im he only suffolk driver? im screwed!

Don't worry, Mr Jakg, Sir. I am also currently residing in the wonderful county of Suffolk.
suffolk, bah!

they're all a bit weird down there.illepall

but i suppose not quite as weird as some norfolkers.

you'd all be welcome for a meet tho'! we should organize this proper like.
Quote from Theafro :this proper like.

We'll have to wait til you get back from Geordyland
Cheers for all the good feedback guys

I was reading in MiniWorld there is a NMOC (Norfolk Mini Owners Club) meet at Fakenham racecourse 28th of May, with camping!

I intend to go with theafro (dunno if he knows this yet LOL) but I think this would be a good venue for us.

more info @ http://www.norfolkminiownersclub.btinternet.co.uk/MD2006.htm
Am I? ok i might.

that last one was pretty fun! shame i had to take my 205,

The mushroom chocolate was nice tho'!

(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG