The online racing simulator
The TBO Challenge - Suggestions
As this is me and Ben's first large scale event, we would love your input and ideas to make this series as good as it can be. Please post any suggestions you may have here

We would especially like input on if we should run a sprint and feature race, or three sprints.

Thanks alot!

Chris
I think there should definately be a longer race where you have to look after your tyres.

Maybe long enough to make you think if a pitstop is worth it or not.
I think a long race with the idea you might need a pitstop or not, is a great idea. You will have so many different strategy's, like will he save the tyres and not go for a pitstop or will he go all out and have a pitstop
Will there be a way to kick inactive people from the series?
If a driver does not turn up for a race, they will be put in the reserve list and the top reserve will take their place. If we get enough reserves then we may do a similar scheme to iTCC, but thats alot of sign-ups away yet
Hello everybody!

I have few questions. I did not get in what time (of day) races will be driven?

And I don't have a clear picture what happends with a rest of drivers, because there is already more then 30 drivers signed up... I wolud like to drive in this events, but I'm not sure I am fast enough....

Then about pit/tyres/race lenght... I drove in some similar leauge before, and tyres was realy pain in the a**... So, I thik that is no point to make races longer than ther already planed to be. Otherwise, the race is starts to be thinkg about how to save tyres more than driving itself. However, getting into pit could make races interesting, but maybe if all drivers must do that. Than, if you want to have realy a league with different cars, maybe is not bad idea to make a rule that all 3 cars must be driven eqal or similar time in league, etc.
Hey mate,

Races start at 7.30GMT, I must say, if you browsed around you would find that info. The reserve drivers will fill in if any drivers fail to turn up. Unless something amazing happens and the series actually becomes more popular over time (you never know) then we may consider shootouts, but atm their isn't any point. Races are 15 and 30 minutes long, and that info is also avaliable.
Quote from Wilko868 :Races are 15 and 30 minutes long, and that info is also avaliable.

I saw that! But didn't saw when it starts... (7.30 at evening I hope??)

I will probably sign in, a we'll see what will come out from it!
Quote from AleksejBASOwarrior :Than, if you want to have realy a league with different cars, maybe is not bad idea to make a rule that all 3 cars must be driven eqal or similar time in league, etc.

Hell no, I'm not going to drive FXO.
No no no, each driver can only drive one car per season
Quote from AleksejBASOwarrior :I thik that is no point to make races longer than ther already planed to be. Otherwise, the race is starts to be thinkg about how to save tyres more than driving itself.

I think there is, driving as fast as you can while keeping your car in shape is a good challenge. I'd choose one longer race over 2 sprints anytime, but that's just me.

Quote from zeugnimod :Hell no, I'm not going to drive FXO.

I've driven it once you know, it's not THAT bad.
Quote from de Souza :I think there is, driving as fast as you can while keeping your car in shape is a good challenge. I'd choose one longer race over 2 sprints anytime, but that's just me.

Yes, ofcourse, but still... Tyres are heating and wearing unreal fast, in my opinion...
But then again we're probably using unreal setups, wich then need unreal driving style and, combined with unreal hard driving, leads to unreal tyre heating. Maybe.
Quote from de Souza :But then again we're probably using unreal setups, wich then need unreal driving style and, combined with unreal hard driving, leads to unreal tyre heating. Maybe.

You could use any setup, this will not change.
But it's the same for everyone so it's a level playing field, no?
How many real life series have you ever seen requiring you to run 3 different cars throughout the season?
The whole point of running 3 cars in a series is so drivers can pick the cars pros and cons, and suit it to their driving style. Making drivers run all three would muck up the championship points and stop a driver deserving of the title winning it.
Quote from de Souza :I'd choose one longer race over 2 sprints anytime, but that's just me.

No it's not

And BTW I would have preferred if the races' duration was kept unchanged to 20/40 mins. But that's just me
Quote from NightShift :And BTW I would have preferred if the races' duration was kept unchanged to 20/40 mins. But that's just me

That would be great.
That makes us 3 already.
I've put a poll up to vote for race length. Please put in an answer A.S.A.P.

Cheers Lads
Quote from zeugnimod :That makes us 3 already.

Looks like it's going to be the three of us against everyone else.
Yeah, damn pussies.

Race 1 will barely be longer than any random pickup race.
The six of us! Come on now tell me how you managed to vote twice

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG