The online racing simulator
F1 Race Manager 2009 Browser Game
(272 posts, started )
Easy question
I changed to a full Red Bull setup, then changed my mind at the last minute. What idiot said to ignore free practice times?
Bonus question 8
The shortest Formula 1 Grand Prix circuit on the calendar this year is, of course, Monaco. Where's the next shortest track this year?
Interlagos?

Its the second GP with most laps required to do in the race.
Quote from DevilDare :Its the second GP with most laps required to do in the race.

Yeah it'll be that - they're all 300 miles [ish] no?
Quote from J@tko :Yeah it'll be that - they're all 300 miles [ish] no?

Wasnt it lowered from 500km/300miles to 300km/200miles in 1958?

Because interlagos length is 2.677miles, times that by 71 (laps) we get 190ish miles.

I don't really like this game, it's more of a toto thingy than a game.
I expected it to be like you were having your own car and developing it and stuff.
The race length is 300km.

This year the game is especially dull because it's just a case of getting the Brawns early on, and slightly tweaking as other teams have strong races (he says in a lowly 19th place!). Last year was more fun because everyone started from a different base and gradually converged on the ideal team as money allowed. But it's still not 'fun'.
Exactly, it's like you're not really playing a game, you more or less guess what's going on next race and stuff. Not my cup of tea, I had expected a WAAAY different game.
It's a fantasy league, what else were you expecting? It's no different to the fantasy football games that have been around for decades

If you want a browser-based game with upgrades and all that sort of stuff, try Bullet Drive. I was in that a while back and it's alright. It's probably get boring pretty fast if you play it all the time though. You still don't actually physically drive the cars, but it sounds more like what you're talking about.
Quote from Dajmin :It's a fantasy league, what else were you expecting? It's no different to the fantasy football games that have been around for decades

If you want a browser-based game with upgrades and all that sort of stuff, try Bullet Drive. I was in that a while back and it's alright. It's probably get boring pretty fast if you play it all the time though. You still don't actually physically drive the cars, but it sounds more like what you're talking about.

Meh, I stick to pitwall for my formula 1-ish needs.
I found that after I signed up for OP's game.

A bit of a steep learning curve though.
Quote from Turbo Dad :The shortest Formula 1 Grand Prix circuit on the calendar this year is, of course, Monaco. Where's the next shortest track this year?

Belgium!!

Quote from BlakjeKaas :I don't really like this game, it's more of a toto thingy than a game.
I expected it to be like you were having your own car and developing it and stuff.

Those games are boring, IMO.

This game makes the races more interesting, IMO (and tbh, many races can live with a bit more excitement) since you want your selected teams/drivers to do well.

It is indeed kinda boring this year since everyone took the Brawns early on since they were guaranteed to do well but I'm not complaining; I am leading the subleague.
Ferrari Per Sempre! Tifosi Tifosi!
The only problem I have with this game is that you can easily afford all the best teams/drivers, even if you're doing quite badly. I would prefer a system in which you can't have all Brawn parts and drivers. It would be better if you could only pick one part and driver from each team, then you would have more of a competition.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :The only problem I have with this game is that you can easily afford all the best teams/drivers, even if you're doing quite badly.

Blame Brawn.

It was different last year since Ferrari and McLaren were expected to be doing well and they were the most expensive. So at least in the first 5 or 6 races you actually had to chose slower teams which you thought could do well.

I have no idea why they didn't make Brawn more expensive this year since it was pretty clear that they would be at the front, though.

Maybe they already set the prices very early and didn't want to change everything when many people already had choosen their teams/drivers.
Quote from zeugnimod :Blame Brawn.

It was different last year since Ferrari and McLaren were expected to be doing well and they were the most expensive. So at least in the first 5 or 6 races you actually had to chose slower teams which you thought could do well.

Yep. Brawn is to blame. Last year was very challenging... always guessing...
Changed to a full Red Bull team just at the right moment apparently.
Up 9 places, if the Mclarens had done their jobs properly I would have gone up even more.
W00t! Second!

Now the challenge is figuring out the better performers every weekend: Brawn or Red Bull Racing?
A 14 place increase for me to 12th overall. Well chuffed with that

But I have to agree with samjh, it's really just a test of which of those two will take it. But then I guess that's just like Ferrari/McLaren last year.
Quote from Dajmin :A 14 place increase for me to 12th overall. Well chuffed with that

But I have to agree with samjh, it's really just a test of which of those two will take it. But then I guess that's just like Ferrari/McLaren last year.

Last year, most players couldn't choose McLaren or Ferrari until near the end of the season.

This year, most players have chosen Brawn or RBR. One wrong choice and the whole ladder can flip upside-down.
Bonus question is up.

... And I can't answer it, because I can only recognise three faces.
i chose the awnser F.... wich looks like jean alesi.. and he only the canadian gp during the mid 90's ... so i guess that its him...
HELP! F1 Drivers Pics
Help ! We've no idea who most of these guys are !

Anyone know ?
Bonus question 9

You can answer this question until: 23:59:59, Thursday 23rd July, 2009.
If your answer is correct, you will gain 1.500.000 euro to improve your team!

See the picture below. Who has never won the Hungarian Grand Prix?

A -Senna
B - Mansell
C -
D -
E - Prost
F - Damon Hill

F1 Race Manager 2009 Browser Game
(272 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG