The online racing simulator
DFP Lock Problem
(10 posts, started )
DFP Lock Problem
Hello,

I've done a quick search and didn't find anything, though that's not to say this has been asked many times.

I have a DFP set up to 720 degs lock to lock, which works fine and dandy for everything I need, apart from having slow motors but I will just have to deal with that until I can afford a G25.

However when catching a slide and the wheel is at its extremes, the wheel 'locks' into place, and it either releases after about half a second or when I touch the brakes, but half a second is a looooong time when catching a slide. Its almost like the wheel goes beyond the 720 mark and either the game gets confused or the Logitech software does.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution?

Marlon
I have this problem, it happens whatever lock you put it on, I haven't found a solution, but it doesn't hinder me while racing. Although if I'm banger racing ect, where your car gets damaged alot and you are thumped hard, spinning you, this can be VERY annoying.

I'm afraid my DFP might get damaged while doing this, it doesn't just 'stick' at full lock, it thrashes around, going BANG BANG BANG into the 'wall' you find at full lock. I would love a solution!

Sorry if I don't make great sense, I'm typing this in a hurry!
I think I had this issue when I had a DFP, I believe it's where the motor gets confused when you exceed the lock or something. It's annoying and I never figured out how to fix it.
Even the G25 does this, and so does the DFGT. Its a dead spot at the end of the lock range, and theres no way to make it go away.

Whats happening is that the FFB is trying to spin the wheel but also trying to stop it from going out of range so it simply stops at the end.

It's not as noticable on newer logitech wheels, but on the DFP it was pretty bad.
Quote from DragonCommando :Even the G25 does this, and so does the DFGT. Its a dead spot at the end of the lock range, and theres no way to make it go away.

Whats happening is that the FFB is trying to spin the wheel but also trying to stop it from going out of range so it simply stops at the end.

It's not as noticable on newer logitech wheels, but on the DFP it was pretty bad.

Annoying that there's no solution, but it's nice to know that I can't fix it instead of thinking 'can I fix it?' Thank you for the info, much appreciated!

EDIT: OH MY ****ING GOD! 616 POSTS! I'm never going to post again, I'm keeping it at that total.
Quote from DragonCommando :Even the G25 does this, and so does the DFGT. Its a dead spot at the end of the lock range, and theres no way to make it go away.

I've never noticed it with the G25. :hide:
thanx guys for your help, much appreciated.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I've never noticed it with the G25. :hide:

What are your settings?

If you arn't using crazy settings, like 200% FFB then I'd like to know what settings you use so I can test them on the DFGT. I only used a G25 for a short while, but the dead zones at each end where the first thing I noticed.
Uh, I use 105% in Profile, (720 degrees lock), everything else set to 0%. I have "enable centering spring" box ticked although this setting is set to 0%. In game I use 200% force.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Uh, I use 105% in Profile, (720 degrees lock), everything else set to 0%. I have "enable centering spring" box ticked although this setting is set to 0%. In game I use 200% force.

there's your problem then, at 200% force you can't even hit the end stops because the force is maxed out already.

DFP Lock Problem
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG