The online racing simulator
G25 skipping Gears
(9 posts, started )
G25 skipping Gears
My G25 has started skipping gears particularly on upshift. It seems that I only have to lightly touch the stick shift and it'll jump up two gears. It's out of warranty but a Logitech guy is looking into getting hold of a replacement stickshift for me. He says that they can lose calibration.
A guy called goonie directed me to the forums here and said that there were fixes available for this prob. Can anyone help? Cheers.
Quote from Hotpot :My G25 has started skipping gears particularly on upshift. It seems that I only have to lightly touch the stick shift and it'll jump up two gears. It's out of warranty but a Logitech guy is looking into getting hold of a replacement stickshift for me. He says that they can lose calibration.
A guy called goonie directed me to the forums here and said that there were fixes available for this prob. Can anyone help? Cheers.

I'd assume you're talking about the sequential mode. I had the exact same problem. Not sure you'll have the same results, but I fixed it by unplugging and replugging the wire that connects the shifter pod with the pedals. It seems that it was just loose. Its now fine for me.
i had a problem with my shifter when using the H pattern it would go into neutral bu the stick was in 2nd still and then it would go to 4th then neutral again but i just sent it back
I know what it is.......Its the nut behind the wheel :uglyhamme

@ Hotpot hav'nt by any chance slammed your shifter
into gear at any time??????? :slap:

Sounds like its shorting out inside the base of the shifter..
Any rattling sound in the shift box??
No rattling sounds and I've never rammed the gears in at all. In fact, I've always treated it with kid gloves because I was paranoid about breaking it. I'll try unplugging and reconnecting. Cheers everyone.
Try adjusting the gear debounce rate to a higher number inside the LFS menus, (MISC menu?). Maybe this will stop multiple gear shifts occurring in a short amount of time.

This might fix the issue so you can still play LFS for the time being, but it sounds like you have to get it repaired/fixed or check the connections and get it sorted because it will probably screw up on other games if there is a problem.

Check the wires from the devices are not being crimped/pinched by anything heavy. Check all cables haven't been crushed and damaged. As others have said, check the connectors. Pull them out and re-insert them firmly.
Happened to mine too - and my brothers too!

Its just one of the wires come loose inside - silly way of doing it if you ask me!

Simple re-attach it - and all works fine! 5-10 minute job!
Thanks a lot for that. I'll take a look. Very much appreciated.

G25 skipping Gears
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG