The online racing simulator
not allowed more then 2h 15 min in 3h race.
Thats a sad thing, but this will be a DQ then
I know the rule I'm not asking about it...
But it's Force Majeur! He isn't doing more than 2h15 because he wants but because B.Whitcher doesn't come

EDIT: Just saw your post GabbO
I understand your decision
Our championship is f*cked
Quote from Sir moi 407 :I know the rule I'm not asking about it...
But it's Force Majeur! He isn't doing more than 2h15 because he wants but because B.Whitcher doesn't come

EDIT: Just saw your post GabbO
I understand your decision
Our championship is f*cked

Not really, but we appreciate the position....

On a serious note: Hard Luck!
I know you cant do anything about it (except nominate a 3rd driver....)
We will investigate this after the race
Got a quick question I just thought of while watching the last hour on LFS Remote that I can't seem to find in the rules:

If a car disconnects (as ours did), do we treat the cars which are on the same lap as us in the corrected standings as if we were actually on the same lap or would we need to heed to blue flags etc despite effectively racing for position.

For instance, Car A gets disconnected after 10 laps and therefore rejoins 10 laps down. Say Car B is 9 laps infront of Car A and comes to overtake it, a blue flag would be shown to Car A, even though he's effectively racing Car B for position.
You dont know how shit i feel now. I had a problem before i left the server and teamspeak with family meal and me and morgan agreed i would drive for 45 minutes at 10:15pm. But then thought of my timezone and i should of been on track at 9:15pm but i was then at my meal. So i tryed to rush ome my parents are still out and i didnt even know its finished. i am so deeply sorry to morgan this was the race weve been training for weeks for it was our race to win.

Quote from count.bazley :Got a quick question I just thought of while watching the last hour on LFS Remote that I can't seem to find in the rules:

If a car disconnects (as ours did), do we treat the cars which are on the same lap as us in the corrected standings as if we were actually on the same lap or would we need to heed to blue flags etc despite effectively racing for position.

For instance, Car A gets disconnected after 10 laps and therefore rejoins 10 laps down. Say Car B is 9 laps infront of Car A and comes to overtake it, a blue flag would be shown to Car A, even though he's effectively racing Car B for position.

If the tracker is working correctly, always guide yourself from it. Onserver positions mean nothing with discoed teams
Also, what was the tracker link? I know it was unnofficial as I brought up this question with Christopher in the Stewards room, but even an unofficial tracker would've helped....
Quote from pacesetter :Also, what was the tracker link? I know it was unnofficial as I brought up this question with Christopher in the Stewards room, but even an unofficial tracker would've helped....

we had a problem with the tracker, the replay is now running with it
Quote from Trekkerfahrer :we had a problem with the tracker, the replay is now running with it

Ok, and a link for the next race @ Westhill will help
Doesnt tracker start playing up if you put the link public? I think we had that problem in the 16hour race.
-
(luki97) DELETED by luki97
Ok thanks I thought it would be that way. I worked out where we were in real terms but I didn't want to get a message to Taylor to race certain cars for position if it had meant a penalty.
I have a question about the GTAL rules. I received DT *penalty for that I wrote in the chat *that I have a problem with the steering wheel/ pedals.* I raised the issue because I know that I can’t use the shift+s/shift+j command. Then turned off LFS and get rid of that problem. After that I turn on LFS and join to quali again. (I didn’t leave the pits before leaving server) In rules there must be option to report a problem. Just like in F1 when driver have a problem he raise his hand. The same situation could happen at the start of the race when it is warm-up lap behind SC.
One line of text at the beginning of qualifying and the race should be allowed if driver have some problems.
Please consider my request.
Quote from luki97 :I have a question about the GTAL rules. I received DT *penalty for that I wrote in the chat *that I have a problem with the steering wheel/ pedals.* I raised the issue because I know that I can’t use the shift+s/shift+j command. Then turned off LFS and get rid of that problem. After that I turn on LFS and join to quali again. (I didn’t leave the pits before leaving server) In rules there must be option to report a problem. Just like in F1 when driver have a problem he raise his hand. The same situation could happen at the start of the race when it is warm-up lap behind SC.
Please consider my request.

in this point you are right, but you have a tool to report: your teammates! they should contact us and after WE decide you may leave the server for fixing issues.
chatting is not allowed, thats the rule and we have to use it in full force.
OK I understand.
One question: Do we get this time a live Tracker?
Well we have a live tracker system this time on our server.
But we will decide at saturday, whether we will publish the livestats for public-access or not.

We are using this system first time and do not know how the raceserver respond to much access on the webserver and tracker database.
Wouldn't it be a good idea to try it out before the event then?
Quote from Mojo1987 :Well we have a live tracker system this time on our server.
But we will decide at saturday, whether we will publish the livestats for public-access or not.

It would be good if the participating teams got access to it at the very least... How else would we be able to tell whether we're racing someone (reconnected) or not?
We test the system already at the moment and will decide the public-view on saturday, like i already wrote in the post above.

Quote from bbman :It would be good if the participating teams got access to it at the very least... How else would we be able to tell whether we're racing someone (reconnected) or not?

Use teamspeak, like the others guys too.
Quote from Mojo1987 :Use teamspeak, like the others guys too.

I'm sorry, when somebody disconnects somewhere in the field, I usually don't have the time to check which lap he was in since he's already gone! Teamspeak won't help me with this task, unless it has some sort of time travel mechanism built into it that I don't know about... And if you're suggesting I keep tabs on every car in the field every lap, then I'd like to talk to someone else with a little bit of common sense...
Quote from Mojo1987 :We test the system already at the moment and will decide the public-view on saturday, like i already wrote in the post above.

Testing the system on the day of the race leaves no time to fix any problems and is one of the most stupid ideas I've heard in a long time. Load testing of websites/applications is best not to be done when the system is actually required to work, because if it breaks down, you're screwed.

GTAL Questions Thread
(412 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG