The online racing simulator
LHD is faster around this track. I am english, therefore I use RHD, and I am finding it a bit hard to adapt, it feels and looks different.

I use the 'just wheels' view (is that what you mean by 'wheel view'?) I use it because: I have a crap computer, I have done everything I can to get better fps and I still have big problems coming round the final corner onto the straight. Also, I can move the position back to the right or the middle!
-
(D.Zanetti) DELETED by D.Zanetti
+1 for mandatory cockpit view. And if those newbs want to move cameras because they cant drive on the LHD/RHD shame on them.
IMO it will be a bit late to change the rulling to force the cockpit view. Many teams will have been practising in whatever view they normally use, be that cockpit, custom or chase, and with only just over a week to go, making a major rule change at this time is more likely to hurt the standard of racing.

However maybe it's something that the Admins may want to look into for the next race
Quote from D.Zanetti :+1 for mandatory cockpit view. And if those newbs want to move cameras because they cant drive on the LHD/RHD shame on them.

FCV is not an option because this is an amateur league, so this will not be changed upcoming season.
I`ve added a rule wich prohibits LHD/RHD changes during the season... the one used in first qualifying has to be used the whole season
-
Quote from Trekkerfahrer :FCV is not an option because this is an amateur league, so this will not be changed upcoming season.
I`ve added a rule wich prohibits LHD/RHD changes during the season... the one used in first qualifying has to be used the whole season

Hmm weird rule to forbid change the car from left to right or vice versa.
You allow custom view but forbid RHD change to LHD. You cant change within a race from left to right but with UK drivers in a team this is gona be a pain.

Sorry but a silly rule. They can use the custom view to avoid this. There is the benefit of custom view again. If you dont allow RHD or LHD switch you shouldnt allow custom view aswell.
No its not, it makes perfect sense... The driver side is to stop people from changing between rounds to get a weight advantage.
Quote from Gil07 :No its not, it makes perfect sense... The driver side is to stop people from changing between rounds to get a weight advantage.

I agree with you
I don't. If the league is amateur enough not to care about the camera advantage, why care about the driving side advantage?

Other than a possible faster car, there'll be rounds when all our drivers will be british (RHD) and rounds that the most of our drivers will be from places that use LHD. Doesn't make much sense to penalize some drivers for something that isn't their fault...
Maybe... But anyway you should set a side where you all drive on, it's much better to get used to one side from the beginning than change it all the time
Agreed, but I'm sure nobody will change the side they drive on LFS forever because of this. When all the drivers use the same side, there's no point in forcing them to use the other. Being able to drive on the side it makes more sense to you is better.
-
Quote from niels1 :Hmm weird rule to forbid change the car from left to right or vice versa.
You allow custom view but forbid RHD change to LHD. You cant change within a race from left to right but with UK drivers in a team this is gona be a pain.

Sorry but a silly rule. They can use the custom view to avoid this. There is the benefit of custom view again. If you dont allow RHD or LHD switch you shouldnt allow custom view aswell.

Unfortunately there is no easy way to make things fair. The custom view gives a definite advantage.

If you were able to force the car being visible(In the custom view) that would make things fair and LH/RH drivers would be able to drive the same car. They could even drive from the center of the car... Being able to see the wheels is what really bothers me.

Quote from De Souza :Agreed, but I'm sure nobody will change the side they drive on LFS forever because of this. When all the drivers use the same side, there's no point in forcing them to use the other. Being able to drive on the side it makes more sense to you is better.

I disagree. It's easy enough to get used to driving on either side of the car. If you know most of your team uses RHD then I would practice on that side untill it feels natural. But since most leagues allow custom view It doesn't matter. I just think it's one of the things that would make the racing better.
the thing is following:

you get a different car if you swap the side... a bit of adaption is needed even for an amateur.
After doing my stint and my teammate comes on to do the next stint if he loses connection am I aloud to take his place until another team mate is ready to race that hasn't done a stint? I'm asking this because i'm haveing internet problems but i think they are cleared up but i just want to know.
If it's not forbidden, then it must be allowed
Quote from GabbO :If it's not forbidden, then it must be allowed

ok and i don't remember seeing in the rules but if i lose connection am i aloud to re connect or when i disconecct that ends my stint?
Quote :12. Disconnects
1. If a team has a disconnect during the race, any teammember can rejoin the race. The current lap
while the disconnect occurred will not be count.
2. A rejoin has to be done within 2 minutes after disconnect occured..
3. Penalties:
- If a team does not show up after a disconnect within 2 minutes, the team will count as DNF.
- If a team rejoins later than 2 minutes after a disconnect, the team will be disqualified from the
event.

The Rules are pretty clear I think
Can i drive one setup for quali and the other one for race, or it must be same?
Quote from FlyerKV :Can i drive one setup for quali and the other one for race, or it must be same?

Well there is nothing in the rules that both sets should be the same. So I guess not.

Quote :5. Qualifying
1. The qualification session will start at 17:00 UTC (14:00 UTC for the final round) on raceday, and
last 30 minutes.
2. Each team is allowed to nominate one qualifying driver. Using more than one driver is forbidden.
3. Drivers on an in- or outlap should try not to interfere with drivers on a hotlap. On exiting pitlane
they should wait until the track is free to join the racing line.
4. Using Shift+S and Shift+P is prohibited. If a driver uses Shift+S or Shift+P in qualifying, he is
not allowed to exit the pitlane until qualifying ends.
5. Driven laps are not limited.
6. Drivers may not gain a time advantage by excessive cutting.
7. Penalties:
- If a driver gains an advantage from excessive cutting, his team’s times will be deleted and the
team will start from the back of the grid.
- Joining the track after pressing Shift+P/Shift+S will result in a drive through penalty after the start
of the race.

Quote from FlyerKV :Can i drive one setup for quali and the other one for race, or it must be same?

as i wrote:
Quote from GabbO :If it's not forbidden, then it must be allowed

Do all drivers that are listed in the roster of an event have to race?
Quote from bbman :Do all drivers that are listed in the roster of an event have to race?

as far as i know all drivers you listed for your team in the Round 1 Confirmation thread must drive in round 1 but the drivers in the roster for the whole season don't have to drive every round as clockwork motorsports has 2 drivers that arn't racing in Round 1 but they are in the roster and i'm confirmed for round 1 but i won't be racing in round 2 as i'll be in mexico on vacation
I lost my breath just by reading that.
I can't see anything about that in the rules after another quick read.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I can't see anything about that in the rules after another quick read.

Yeah, but it doesn't say anything about rosters apart from minimum and maximum size, that's why I'm asking...

GTAL Questions Thread
(412 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG