The online racing simulator
Quote from racer hero :So someone that drove the test race, but did not make it into the season of IGTC for this season can not race this..? Rediculous.

I don't think the test race counts. Unless you made it in. If it counted all or most of the teams this series is geared towards couldn't race in it.
That would seem a little contrary to the idea of this series
-
(racer hero) DELETED by racer hero
Quote from Toddshooter :I don't think the test race counts. Unless you made it in. If it counted all or most of the teams this series is geared towards couldn't race in it.
That would seem a little contrary to the idea of this series

Kenneth is arguing that even though he raced in IGTC/MoE last season, he should be allowed to race in this series because LRT's failure to get into IGTC this season (though they are on the waiting list) clearly indicates that he's no longer IGTC/MoE-worthy as a driver.

As I've explained to him, though, his personal skills might be fine for those leagues, even while LRT as a whole isn't ready.
-
(Tomhah) DELETED by Tomhah
Ahhh I see. I thought it just had to do with the Test race. Now this makes sense to me.
You do realise this is getting slightly absurd now?
-
(pacesetter) DELETED by pacesetter
Quote from Tomhah :Is he too slow for IGTC, but too fast for this league? oh yeah...

Kenneth is certainly not too slow for IGTC. LRT's failure to get in has nothing to do with his personal speed.
-
-
Quote from racer hero :That isn't the point, I am LRT, and we did not get accepeted, therefore I am not eligible for IGTC, may it be my speed, my attitude, or anything else you want to consider, we did not get accepted therefore I am not IGTC worthy and should be allowed to drive here.

This is simply wrong. It's quite possible for you to be IGTC-worthy while your team as a whole is not.

LRT can race in the GTAL with no issue under the current rules--the only stipulation is that current/former IGTC/MoE drivers may not drive. It's pretty simple.
Pretty cut and dry to me...
-
-
-
-
Season 1 doesn't count, Ken...
-
-
@Tommy - It's not a matter about Ken being too good or too bad. He raced on last IGTC season so he can't race on GTAL.

It's in the rules...
-
i see here plain and simple rule, only thing i can't see here is why are people still arguing over simple thing what is clear enough!
Yes, it's clear in the rules. You have driven there last season then you can't race GTAL, even if you drove 1 meter there i bet.
Quote from racer hero :Me racing in IGTC last season is arguable. I started round 3, but the team didn't finish.

Eh?

If you started, then you raced. No?
-
Well, you've stated your POV. Might be a good idea to leave it now, before you make yourselves look any sillier.
-
-
Quote from racer hero :Because we think it is rediculous, if you read the posts you would see that.

i looked over entire thread, word by word mate

edit* this gets a bit complicated now...can't understand anymore what are people trying to say here
kenneth is not entering alone in IGTC remember that.
okay, now i have enough:
DeadWolfBones is not responsible for our decisions and i see no point to flame him. He just helps us for the first that we have a good start.
In fact, Kenneth has done 2 races in IGTC last year: spdo Racing Event Database is my friend

according to our rules, kenneth is not allowed to take part in the GTAL.

and now to the "how can we improve when our fastest driver is missing?" question:
drive and optimize setups and driving style!!!! its a hard way we all had to go.
Quote from racer hero :Because we think it is rediculous, if you read the posts you would see that.

And I think its rediculous that the law will not allow me to walk down the highstreet stark bollocks naked.......yet it's the rule and it's not allowed.

My point.......grow a pair and accept it. The driver has had experence in IGTC and is therefore not allowed to race.
Quote from Tomhah :"Kenneth is certainly not too slow for IGTC. LRT's failure to get in has nothing to do with his personal speed."

Tell us, when we can use faster drivers, why can't Ken drive? We can use faster driver, who didnt start a race (and not finish), but we can use slower drives who started a race, but didnt even finish... Sounds like a very good rule... Im discussing about this rule NightFly, and Im allowed to do that.

Someone else already answered you that question. Elliot doesn't have experience in endurance leagues, therefore he's ideal for GTAL. You can be the world's quickest hotlapper and not be any good at all at endurance racing.
-
Quote :we did not get accepted therefore I am not IGTC worthy and should be allowed to drive here.

Here's my take, FWIW: the rule is there to stop people from just changing teams just to compete in this series. Say for example I raced in MoE this year, but wanted to race here - all I would need to do is just change teams and then I could take part - that is what Ken has done and is arguing against, as far as I can see.

Just because your team did not get accepted does not make you IGTC "unworthy". You are obviously IGTC worthy, and if you are to be classed as unworthy simply because you have changed teams then anyone could simply change teams and race in GTAL.
Quote from Tomhah :This is a feeder series for IGTC, so TEAMS can get more experience and then maybe join IGTC by a later time. Thats crappy, when the teams cant use their drivers to show that they are worth IGTC!

still don't get it eh...
kenneth is not alone LRT, you must prove that you are worthy as a TEAM not as a kenneth!!!
-
Hey, with this attitude you will not earn anything in life, you should reconsider a bit. Your team can show if they are good enough even without a single driver, as a team has to have enough good drivers to be succesful in a league. A team with 3 fast and good drivers will soon or less become troubles as they may not be always available.

Please stop discussing, as the decisions are already made.
Quote from racer hero :Me racing in IGTC last season is arguable. I started round 3, but the team didn't finish.

Remember this one ?

"Vuorinen finished the race just outside the podium on a 4th position, 15 seconds ahead of O'Keefe in the #04 car in 5th position."

Source:
http://www.tdrt.dk/?e=3#body
@ Legends Racing Team:

Kenneth is not LRT, you all together is the team... Kenneth is not allowed to take part... so this is the chance for the LRT team to get on the same level as Kenneth. If you withdraw now, it says to all here, that your team has no goal!
Take the hard way, i promise that this will weld you team together! Its not forbidden to use Kenneths experience, so practise with him and learn from him!
Quote from Trekkerfahrer :@ Legends Racing Team:

Kenneth is not LRT, you all together is the team... Kenneth is not allowed to take part... so this is the chance for the LRT team to get on the same level as Kenneth. If you withdraw now, it says to all here, that your team has no goal!
Take the hard way, i promise that this will weld you team together! Its not forbidden to use Kenneths experience, so practise with him and learn from him!

I didnt say that we are slower than Ken, I said that we are faster... We are not withdrawing, we are practisipating, and will win this thing (You know, the mentality is important in LFS!) You got me even more motivated now, so thank you all

Edit: Im sorry if I discussed to hard, I was in flame mode (ask Kenneth xD), but yeah, I was discussing, but I saw that it wouldnt end in something else than a flamewar, so I stopped, even when I hate the rule, but I can live it. So I hope I havent done any harm. See you at the track
Quote from Tomhah :I didnt say that we are slower than Ken, I said that we are faster... We are not withdrawing, we are practisipating, and will win this thing You got me even more motivated now, so thank you all

Ok Tommy, I wouldn't count this one in the bag just yet,

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG