The online racing simulator
HELP Connection Lost
(9 posts, started )
HELP Connection Lost
Hi guys,

I have the Demo version running and I keep getting the error “Connection Lost”

I can logon to any server, no problems sofar
During a race I can maximum race 3 laps before I get the “Connection Lost”.
On the left top of the screen the number is always around 92 (think it is the response time of the server)

On the bottom left there are several bars, sometimes I see that the most right of these bars gets very high and then turns red. Then I get “Connection Lost” , but this is not consequent

I can not notice any “lag” in a way that cars stand still or “shoot out”, everything works

Things I have tried so far:
- Opened the port for the firewall
- disabled the Router Firewall
- disabled the XP (SP3) Firewall
- disabled the Virus scanner
- Updated the drivers of my network port (nForce Nvidia)
- Tried different screen settings (lower resolution)

I have XP Pro SP3, my internet connection is a 100 m/bit fibreglass
I called my ISP for the problem, but they said it is a problem of the gameserver
The PC is connected with cables, no wireless

Please help, I love the game but it is getting very frustrating that I can not finish a race.
i have the same problem but i lose connection in about 20 seconds
Same here. Doesn't happen with any other game, and same thing happens whether I'm on a wired or wireless conenction, and still happens on my new PC.
Update
I tried some more stuff tonight....

I placed a new network ethernet card in my PC, so that the connection is not directly on the motherboard anymore.
And I did port forwarding as described when hosting a server.

I could finish for the first time tonight 2 races, but I still got kicked out dozen of times. I still need to test if this worked with very little drivers or also with a big group

All in all it looks like it is improving, but still not the solution...(I think it is the ethernet card)

Does someone know how to make a good trace route that I can drop at my ISP for inspection.

Later this week when I have more time I will look if I can take out my router and connect directly to the internet

Can someone give me instructions for the traceroute............or better a direct solution.
Update 2
Hi Guys,

I did a trace route with ping plotter to a server that works sometimes (finished 2 races out of 20 tried)

It looks like i am going from holland to the usa back to england. The states look like the proble, big packet loss

Anyone ideas??
Attached images
Pingplotter.JPG
Pingplotter2.JPG
seeing as your first hop looks like garbage, i'd like to bet it's your router or your modem.
You seem to be loosing packets all the way from the very first hop. I've tried the same test as you, I had just 14 hops and got only about two or three 10% packet losses on two hops during five minutes. It might be your ISP having some problems or it is your router...
Update III
Hi guys,

Solved the problem sofar , I kicked out my router (5 year old 3com) and connected the PC directly to the modem..

No problems anymore sofar. I have immidiatly ordered a new router, hope that this one works better (D-link DIR655)

I hope to see you on the track.....

Grtz
I have this problem to and its with every single game i have. for LFS i can race for maybe 5 minutes max and then connection lost and other online racers are not jumping around or look laggy in any way. It also seems i lose connection more often when i'm in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, as today i was racing and when i got into third i lost connection emmidetly. This has to be fixed as i am participating in the GTAL and i can't lose connection every minute.

HELP Connection Lost
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG