The online racing simulator
XR View 1 Dash
(11 posts, started )
#1 - Nick.
XR View 1 Dash
Ok, this isn't a big problem, but it's really bothering me. Ever since the XR interior was updated, the analog gauges on the XRG and XRT are backwards! The speedometer is on the left and the tachometer on the right. It's only on the XRs and the 1st view, too. Every other car is right and if you got to any other view on the XRs, the virtual gauges are right, too.

Just a little pet peave. It's still pretty annoying, though
#2 - senn
I drive all the cars on the Right side (RHD) as thats the way cars are in this country. On my screen, the tacho is on the LHS, and the speedo on the right (same as my real life car) i'll try switching sides and see if it makes a difference

Yep, it changes if you select RHD or LHD. RHD gives the result you want (but probably not the side of the car you want..)

EDIT - HAH none of the other cars seem to do this....how very very odd, its only the two cars you mentioned....

I can see why that would be annoying..
i was driving the xrt today and didn't notice it... but i use the virtual clocks option...

i also drive LHD.
So my real life car is backwards too?
lol.. my two arn't
Not all of the RL cars have tacho on the left and speedo on the right...

Most (all?) of the mercedes have the speedometer on the left (well center left) and the rpm-meter on the right.
So I don't see where is the problem at all, just get used to it.
I see a pattern here. Three examples from US saying speedo must be on the right, while 2 from Europe (my car is french) saying it must be on the left.

All in all, It's noticeable at most... I don't see how this can be a problem on a race.
Quote from de Souza :I see a pattern here. Three examples from US saying speedo must be on the right, while 2 from Europe (my car is french) saying it must be on the left.

All in all, It's noticeable at most... I don't see how this can be a problem on a race.

Yep exactly, it's the same with the position of the exhaust pipe. "Oh my god, my muffler is on the right but it's looks so much better when it's on the left".
lol... but a scion, everything you need to see nd passengers dont is in the center.
#10 - DeKo
there isnt a 'proper way'. Indeed, on the megane mk2, the speedo is on the left with the tacho on the right, but on the megane mk2.5, which is exactly the same car with tiny slight changes, the speedo and tacho are swapped round. as far as i know, its completely random as to which side speedo and tacho is at.
I never ever bothered about this, and in fact, until now I didn't even know there was an issue regarding this, allthough IIRC, my car has the tacho on the left and the speedo on the right.

I mean, do the swapped instruments anything harmful? You still can read them at a quick glance, can't you? But then, I very rarely watch the dials, as I usually keep focused on the road.

XR View 1 Dash
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG