The online racing simulator
About wind, lateral forces
(7 posts, started )
I don't know if it is mentioned before. But the actual wind it is far to be perfect. When I make a race with wind, only I feel more or less speed in some parts of the track, but when I drive with my car in RL in a highway and overtake a truck, if this day has wind, what I feel is a huge lateral force.

I think that this not occurred in LFS because the aerodynamic of cars is only answer to a longitudinal and no lateral force
^i agree, the "wind" is only a slight force constantly o the side. but they should have real wind in here...
Aero modelling in LFS is very simple and I don't really think it evens attempt to recreate the aero trail, save for slipstreaming and downforce (partially, e.g. there's no ground effect).

That effect is caused by pressure differences in the aero trail of the truck, and the intensity of forces you feel depends by the side surface of the car. Since in LFS there are no trucks and all the cars have quite low profiles, I doubt the effect would be so strong as in the situation you were using as an example.
It would be quite difficult to code and set up an effect such as the one you describe. Then again, no car in LFS would create anywhere near as much turblence as a truck because of the huge size and slab sided nature of the trailer and stuff.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :It would be quite difficult to code and set up an effect such as the one you describe.

Leave to devs to decide if it is hard, easy, necessary or unnecessary.

So, I'm not only talking about differences of pressure when you overtake a truck. I'm talking too for a simple lateral force effect of wind (with or without car/truck behind you)
When there's a strong wind you can feel the car being blown off line when you're cornering, and braking takes longer when it's behind you. :o
#7 - senn
show me another racing sim where the wind is as effective as it is in LFS at blowing you off line, as i'm yet to experience it...

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG