The online racing simulator
Yeah, reading back over this thread is interesting. I've been saying for ages that the sound generation system LFS has, needs a total re-work. I was at one point spending ages cutting new samples to try and make the actual engine sounds more realistic than the defaults, but it requires so much effort and a lot of patience. The sound engine itself is way too limited. It's frustrating having something that drives so realistically, when the immersion is totally ruined by very sterile sounds. For me personally, extremely realistic sounds would immerse me more in the drivers seat of the game than ultra-realistic graphics. I gave up on it in the end and lost all of the files and samples I had about 6 reformats ago! :sorry:
+1 on the topic suggestion.

Even though I absolutely love the LFS engine sound generation system and it's concept, I've had some things on my mind. I have no idea how hard this stuff is to achieve though.

- The ability to have a more uneven and crisp sound at lower RPMs (the sound of more agressive camshafts)

- The ability to have a whining noise from the tyres which pitch correspond to the speed of the car. Perhaps also dependant on the tyre grip.

Someone mentioned backfires pops. +1 on this too.
Another thing too is (it may have been mentioned in previous posts, I only quickly scanned them), when i'm racing with just the FXR against other FXR's, is that they all change gear at the exact same time, try it.

Just make it an AI only race, and just off the start you can tell that they are all changing from 1st to 2nd at the exact same time. This doesn't happen in real life surely. But this could also be an AI issue as well.

Oh yeah, +1 too.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG