The online racing simulator
#1 - RS1T
iLFS - LFS iPod touch/iPhone tutorial
Hi all,

I recently discovered how to use your iPod touch or iPhone as a controller for LFS. It is very easy to set up if you follow these steps.

First of all

This only works IF
  • Your PC runs XP/Vista (MUST be 32bit, it does NOT work with 64bit)
  • You have a personal wireless network (with router)
  1. Open the AppStore on your apple device, and search for "ZooZ control Pro" There is a free version, but this version is not compatible with LFS, so don't waste your time. The Pro version costs around £1.20, which is not too much.
  2. Go to www.zoozcontrol.com and download the PC host software.
  3. Then install the software provided (On my laptop this worked fine, but the drivers would not work on my desktop :really
  4. Open the application on your apple device. It will give you an IP adress
  5. In the ZooZ application, click 'connect to iPod/iPhone' and enter the IP shown on your apple device
  6. When it is connected, you are now ready to set up your controller. There are two simple ways to do this:
  • You can steer by tilting the device from side to side, and use buttons for throttle and brake. This is very simple to set up. Under the accelerometer heading on your pc program, ensure that 'Map to X/Y axis' is ticked. Then set whichever buttons you choose (i use 5 and 6) to be throttle and brake. Then open LFS, then to the options menu, and where is says 'Throttle and Brake axes', click buttons, then assign the relevant buttons.
  • You can steer by tilting the device and accelerate and brake by tiliting the device back and forth. To do this, do exactly the same as above, but where it says 'Throttle and Brake axes' in LFS, click combined instead. Then set up other buttons like horn, handbrake, gear shifts etc.
It is great fun, and it takes a while to get used to,and the ZooZ control app can be used as a wireless mouse as well

Enjoy, RS1T
Old, but thanks for the tutorial

see my vid of it
great!!!
Sorry but why would anyone want to do that?
its fun
#7 - T.J.
Doesnt work with my 64 bit vista =(
#8 - RS1T
No, it only works on 32bit vista i have discovered

Quote from zeugnimod :Sorry but why would anyone want to do that?

Because you can use it instead of a joypad or wheel if you don't have one, and have an ipod, but don't want to spend anymore money. Eg, i have a wheel on my desktop, but when i'm on the go i use my ipod for my lappy instead of kb.
Quote from RS1T :No, it only works on 32bit vista i have discovered

Because you can use it instead of a joypad or wheel if you don't have one, and have an ipod, but don't want to spend anymore money. Eg, i have a wheel on my desktop, but when i'm on the go i use my ipod for my lappy instead of kb.

Hey ive done this before too, nice tutorial too, and ur laptop and ipod is a good idea
Hi,

I have small problem with it RS1T. If i click "Map (accelelometer) to joystick Axis X/Y" then LFS doesnt see this axis in game and i cant use them. My iP Accelelometer works as mouse and keyboard only. What should i do?
swweeet lfs in school lol
#12 - RS1T
Quote from BlueWind :Hi,

I have small problem with it RS1T. If i click "Map (accelelometer) to joystick Axis X/Y" then LFS doesnt see this axis in game and i cant use them. My iP Accelelometer works as mouse and keyboard only. What should i do?

If you have a wheel, try unplugging it first. Try restarting the host again, and de select the keyboard and mouse, so the accelerometer is only mapped to the X/Y axis. Start LFS, click on joystick/wheel, tilt it, and you should see it moving.
Still doesnt work. Dunno why but I still dont have those axis in lfs options.
#14 - T.J.
Maybe you have 64 bit OS or something

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG