The online racing simulator
help with setting up g25 sterring wheel
hi all ive been wanting to know how do i set up my steering wheel.
about a year ago i got it and someone set it up for me and it was fine but i deleted everything of my computer to start from scratch then started again and i cant get my g25 fully setup.
all i have noticed that does not work is you cant accelerate and brake at the same time i have stuffed around for ages with it but i cant do it someone online said it might be some thing on the logitech profile setup thingy but i dont understand it can anyone help me? thanks
If you would like help in the verbal manner on setting up your G25, jump in the Pro Racing Room #1 and we'll give you our Teamspeak ip to talk you through the process of setting up your wheel.
yeah i had a look at the lfs g25 setup page on wiki but it all seems to be pretty well good on the lfs ingame setup it has to be the logitech profiler thing i dont really know how to make a profile (if you need to to get it to work?) maybe setup wheel in logitech profile ?
If the accel/brake thing is your only problem then you need to split up the axis in 'control' setup options. I think it's under the 'FB' section but I can't swear to that and i'm not going to start LFS to check .

If the accel/brake are on the same axis then you get the reulst your experiancing. Split 'em up and and all should be well.
there should be a option on the controls menu saying Brake/Accelerator set it to separate and in the axes tab set the axes to the brakes it should be fine .
#7 - McDee
Quote from gruggy :yeah i had a look at the lfs g25 setup page on wiki but it all seems to be pretty well good on the lfs ingame setup it has to be the logitech profiler thing i dont really know how to make a profile (if you need to to get it to work?) maybe setup wheel in logitech profile ?

Open Logitech profiler, locate the top menu, click Options> Global Device Settings, then uncheck report combined pedals. It may have been unchecked already.

Then run LFS, go to Options>Controllers and make sure a similar option is set (I forget the exact wording).
You don't even need to use the Profiler. It's only useful if you play different games that require different settings, so you can switch between profiles. Me, I only play LFS so I just set the Wheel settings in the configuration panel without bothering with the Profiler.

Unfortunately, since I downloaded the latest version of Logitech Profiler it starts whenever I boot Windows and I can't seem to find the option to turn that off.
I have found the appropriate option to get it sorted: removed all this new crap and re-installed the older profiler from the G25 CD
Quote from obsolum :...
Unfortunately, since I downloaded the latest version of Logitech Profiler it starts whenever I boot Windows and I can't seem to find the option to turn that off.

You can execute "msconfig" and delete/uncheck the "LWEMon.exe" from the startup-list
Quote from Mille Sabords :I have found the appropriate option to get it sorted: removed all this new crap and re-installed the older profiler from the G25 CD

Yeah, but the newer version has an option to let the game change the wheel's settings, so I thought that might be useful if LFS makes use of it, some day
Quote from Hoshimodo :You can execute "msconfig" and delete/uncheck the "LWEMon.exe" from the startup-list

Thanks, that sorted it!
np mate
thankyou mcdee what you said was what i needed to do im so happy.
and thankyou everyone else for giving me a hand
Sorry about little offtopic, but still people should scroll a bit down and look for right section where to post the thread!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG