The online racing simulator
punishment
(30 posts, started )
punishment
I saw this video before.
Woooah! And CS and such games dont make people aggressive?

Buy a license, hardly any wreckers in full version
that is awesome LOL!

(love the uproar when someone screams 'we got a cheater!')
I'm wondering what this guy was doing... I mean the reaction of the other guys was pretty... severe
Yah, it was an obvious setup gag. The acting was really bad, the l33t machine was just a big old beige box that probably had a 486 in it.
Quote from colcob :Yah, it was an obvious setup gag. The acting was really bad, the l33t machine was just a big old beige box that probably had a 486 in it.

No it wasn't

LOL, setup or not, that rawked!!
Set-up! a good one though, i don't think anybody's gonna cheat too much at another one of their LANs.
-
(HittiS) DELETED by HittiS
ROFL

I can understand the sentiment though...

Had my first official wrecker experience the other day (yes, I DO live under a rock...) Waiting on the straight, casually backing up into my line at the last second.... Luckily I managed to avoid most of him. And I would've loved to do that to his computer at that moment LOL
I had some random wrecker on a server the other day. I'm on my own for ages, the accoasional geezer coming to have a look. I was just punting around in the Student Car putting in some hot laps, just enjoying a bit of 'alone' time. When this numpty comes on, and bear in mind I am the only guy on it, and starts deliberatly wrecking me. Restarting race, waiting for me outside the pits, sitting on the chicane. I was pissing me off, but eventually I just left.

What posseses someone to act like that. In a lonely server with noone to showoff in front of, just to ruin one guys lapping . . . . I really, really don' understand that kind of mentality.

I think Phil was his name. But I really can't remember. He could have done with some kind of divine intervention. Preferable up where the sun never shines.
Well yes, that might be a good punishment, but actually that's quite not the thing to do. The problem is that they smashed the guy's computer, which let's say is a value of 2000$. The guy is out of the LAN with his machine broken and he actually been attacked. He just go see his lawyer and takes the LAN organiser in court for the value of his broken PC, 2000$ and let's say 50 000 for physical harrasment and maybe psycological, because he might feel very rejected and sick after the event, but i'm no psycologist so I can't tell, but let's include it. So there's the hearing and all the LAN's organiser's lawyers have to say is that he was cheating... uh... well that's not very serious. They can't really say that people who lost before the other guy cheated were psycologically attacked or anything. They also had to prove that the guy was cheating, which he maybe wasn't, and let's assume that they can't check in the guy's HD cause he was smashed and can't be read in any way.

Just a tought...
Mkay, so then all we have to do is have people sign a waiver saying if they're caught cheating/wrecking we reserve the right to smash their computer to pieces.

LOL I don't think anyone was actually serious... At least not TOTALLY serious.... Or at least don't have the means
Quote from boosterfire : He just go see his lawyer and takes the LAN organiser in court for the value of his broken PC, 2000$ and let's say 50 000 for physical harrasment and maybe psycological, because he might feel very rejected and sick after the event, but i'm no psycologist so I can't tell, but let's include it.

You have got to be kidding. 50,000 big ones for being picked up and thrown out? I would also be very suprised if the LAN entry form didn't include a statement about forcibly removing any undesirables from the event.

The only psychological "damage" a cheater would get is the realisation that you get found out, and when you do people are not happy with you.

Sounds like he should be the one paying up for the lesson in life, not the other way round.
?? 56k modem no joy.
Haha, although this video is very old and fake, ive seen the same reply been posted by countless of other Americans (sorry but do all Americans just think about suing?)

Dont get offended by this, i mean nothing by it, but i dont know anyone that has ever been sued or gone out to sue someone. Perhaps i just live in a really really small community
My family were once sued by Mercedes, and a few of our employees have tried to take us to court for unfair dismissal (they were shit, they were fired), but I don't see suing as the answer to everything like (some? most? all?) Americans do.

Litigation Culture IS from america, and it's causing more harm than good, apart from people who get tippex in their eyes whilst refilling it, then suing the company cos they didn't have a 'standard refilling protocol'.
I'd like to reply to your post Tristan but I can't read it as I have Tippex in my eyes.
Quote from jtr99 :I'd like to reply to your post Tristan but I can't read it as I have Tippex in my eyes.

Go sue them
Lawsuits over here are absolutely ridiculous. I can't stand it and hearing about them all. What's worse is the stupid class action lawsuits made up by the money hungry greedy lawyers. My name came up listed in a class action lawsuit one time. Some lawyer was suing on behalf of me and millions of other people, some finance company about something like over charging for something. It was, just for example, a $10 million lawsuit and after the lawyer took his 60% cut, I actually did get a check in the mail. Yup, won the lawsuit and ran that check straight to the bank. I cashed it and pocketed the entire $0.53, wasn't trusting that much money to the bank. Sad thing is, I was later talking to the supervisor at work and found he was also listed in the lawsuit. Imagine how furious I was when he said he recieved a check for $1.25! I couldn't even buy a drink at lunchtime with mine and he was able to buy 2 drinks from the vending machine and still had a few cents left over.
Haha funny that. My dad is a lawyer, but it's not his main job. It's a side job he does to help pay for soon to be my college tuition :woohoo: He actually teaches law part time and handles the legal things with the company he works for.
I think after that idiot woman successfully sued McD's in the US for getting burnt when she spilled their coffee on herself (I think most Oz jugdes would've gone "Good one ya dopey moll! Come back when you're bloody serious!"), the floodgates were opened and all manner of retards started coming out of the woodwork. She's probably the reason lids on takeaway coffee cups say "caution: contents may be hot". Well, derh. They damn well oughta be or I'm suing for mental distress after being psychologically scarred by a mouthful of cold coffee!!

The worst part is this kind of foolishness and lack of personal responsibility and common sense has spread across the globe...along with military bases (or are they "enduring camps"?) and bloody Starbucks

[/OT]
The interesting thing about these kind of lawsuits to me is that these people admitt that they can not take responsibility for their own action.....

I can not handle a cup of coffee, but that is not my fault.....

.....these people admitt that they do not take their own decisions.....

I have cancer, but the tobacco industry is responsible for me smoking.....

HOW STUPID IS THAT?

.....sueing Mc Donalds because children get fat by their Burgers.....yeah right.....

Literally INSANE!

CU, Sebastian
Hey, we're on a roll now! When I was growing up, a younger girl down the street was eating an ice cream cone and lost her tooth in it. Rumor has it that her parents sued the place they got the ice cream because of it and next thing you know, they have a nice new boat in the driveway. The real kicker (if it's true) is that she lost a baby tooth.

punishment
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG