The online racing simulator
Outgauge + Chumby
(7 posts, started )
Outgauge + Chumby
Hello All.

I've been racing in LFS for some while, and have been looking into displaying gauges separately.

I own a chumby (http://www.chumby.com/),which is basicaly a 320x240px photoframe with WLAN running linux.

Now here's the question. Could anyone help me display information from LFS (via outgauge) on chumby?

The ideal solution would be a .swf file that gets the information from outguage and displays it at 320x240px in a way similar to Virtual LFS Dashbord.

Jake
AFAIK flash doesnt support udp packets, so the answer for swf file is no...
:-(
Thanks.
But it can read XML - so making a program that reads outgauge and serves XML data on request would work.
Does anyone by any chance know someone who could write a program like that for me? (And a .swf?)
If not, maybe I'll finally get around to learning XML...

Thanks.
Jake
I don't know if you can get gauge info from InSim but if yes maybe this could be a good solution. Using Mono under Linux:

- C# soft that display the gauge.

Like the gauge addon you posted, maybe you could tell the software to open a socket on your computer and listen to your gauge!

TheKnoX
Thats not a bad idea at all. I'll do some research, try to make it work, and post a tuturial of it does.
Thanks for your help.

Outgauge + Chumby
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG