The online racing simulator
Quote from bozo :An alternative that you might consider is to let the FO8s go out for the first 5 minutes alone, and then the FOXs can join for the remainder of qualifying. This worked successfully in the GFC events, and means nobody is waiting around too long. The FOXs were allowed into the pit lane, but could not join the track until the first 5 minutes were passed.

I actually want to ask the other admins about that cos its a good idea
+1
Quote from bozo :An alternative that you might consider is to let the FO8s go out for the first 5 minutes alone, and then the FOXs can join for the remainder of qualifying. This worked successfully in the GFC events, and means nobody is waiting around too long. The FOXs were allowed into the pit lane, but could not join the track until the first 5 minutes were passed.

This would work well for the F08 guys, as they have 5 mins of track time to themselves, but what about the FOX drivers? F08+FOX at the same time gives both classes less of a chance for a "perfect" lap, no? Or am I missing something?
I had a thought there this evening, why not do 15 minutes of quali? For the first five minutes the FO8s go out, then from after the clock turns past the five minute mark, the FOXs leave the pits. And for the remaining five minutes, both classes are allowed out on track?

Please post your thoughts on the above
+1 to that the "GFC Method".

EDIT: Dont forget to add whatever method you choose to your Rules & Guidelines, so they are as up to date as they can be.
EDIT2: I'll find out throughout this next week what my timetable is like for the actual series - will let you know my availability asap.
Quote from pacesetter :I had a thought there this evening, why not do 15 minutes of quali? For the first five minutes the FO8s go out, then from after the clock turns past the five minute mark, the FOXs leave the pits. And for the remaining five minutes, both classes are allowed out on track?

Please post your thoughts on the above

Don't you think that will cause a lot of problems with ordering drivers? And are you saying it's 5 mins F08 and 10 mins F08+FOX, or 5 mins F08, 5 mins FOX and 5 mins F08+FOX? I still prefer a separate session for each class. It's qualifying, not racing.
What about a 20 minute qualification and 10 minutes for each class?
That's what the current rules are, as posted by Andy.
Quote from Speedy Pro :Don't you think that will cause a lot of problems with ordering drivers? And are you saying it's 5 mins F08 and 10 mins F08+FOX, or 5 mins F08, 5 mins FOX and 5 mins F08+FOX? I still prefer a separate session for each class. It's qualifying, not racing.

Yeah, but the drivers are impatient, and will get bored if left doing nothing, i think 5 minutes for each class, and then a 5 minute free for all drivers to improve their times? And theirs no telepitting obviously ?

James
Don't want to sound like a d*ck, but if drivers can't wait 10 mins, that's their problem. May as well go take their bathroom break then

The trouble with a 5 min session is that on a long track like AS6 this lets you do one out lap and one flying lap, and that's if you don't wait to give yourself some room from other cars. It's less of an issue on shorter circuits, but still IMO too short of a period. To tell the truth, I just don't understand the appeal of having 2 classes on track at the same time during qualifying. Do we really need moving chicanes when people are trying their best? Hell, F1 drivers whine about being obstructed by the same class car after every session.
I have to agree with speedy mouse. When you normally give 10 minutes for qualify you cant go back back to 5 min. A specially on a long track like we did the test race. A lape is average for FOX 2.40, so they can do 1 hot lape. That looks like formula 1, dont make it that dull. Keep it at 10 minutes. Those who have trouble waiting shouldnt be in a championship anyway.

The mix quali isnt a big succes, make it 10 minutes for each class.
Ok, so maybe 10 for each class is the way to go then, and you're right, as the calender is full of long tracks to reduce lapping for the FOX classes,
-
(D.Zanetti) DELETED by D.Zanetti
it IS this weekend, a pm will be going out tonight about it.

It'll take place this saturday, password will be the same and all
-
(D.Zanetti) DELETED by D.Zanetti
Quote from pacesetter :it IS this weekend, a pm will be going out tonight about it.

It'll take place this saturday, password will be the same and all

So any more details or a confirmation? Haven't got any PMs regarding this. If it's 19:00 GMT on Saturday like last time, I'll be there.
Quote from Speedy Pro :So any more details or a confirmation? Haven't got any PMs regarding this. If it's 19:00 GMT on Saturday like last time, I'll be there.

Sorry, I've been up to my eyes, and yes everything is the exact same as last week, pw and all.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG