The online racing simulator
LFS lego chooo chooo train
(35 posts, started )
nope have not seen the code, but im pretty sure about it. A feature like alpha blending is suported by most or all(?) of modern graphic cards.

I didnt write about dirt etc , just a lil tint that will give U a bit better feeling that youre really there- inside.

Im not criticising.
LFS has a good graphics. When looking at it like at project made by 3 guys - it has great graphics... But fully transparent windows are wrong

xapexcivicx - is there any mod available? im not familiar with dds editor. Sorry im such a lazy bastard and taking a shortcuts
Quote from Dupson :just a lil tint that will give U a bit better feeling that youre really there- inside.

Maybe you're oversimplifying, but all tint would do is make things darker. You still wouldn't get any reflections or anything like that like you normally get with real glass. If you're going to make the windows darker, you might as well make the game world darker. It has the same effect.
yea You re right , that should be kinda texture . No reflections needed - that would affect framerate surely. Rally Championship ( im not sure if thats the right name ) from 1998(or 7!!!) has such glass, or ....GTR.
i think as you roll over all the glass should crack then on the last bump as you come to a stop it shakes it all out. anyone for a convertible??!

edit: just incase you didnt notice, i wasnt being serious
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :Last time that happened to me, I ended up spitting out a lot of chunks of windscreen. Kids: If you roll your car, keep your mouth closed!

Thanks Kev, I will try to remember that little gem.
Quote from himself :...It even has black someting instead of bottom texture like toys often do...

agree with you on that point. Even if it could be a skin of an underside of a car, that might be a little bit better perhaps?

otherwise, like everyone else, I suggest you buy S2 (you won't regret it)
I am lookin forward to buying it asap.

I hope the physics patch will come soon also and devs will have time to make some small detalic changes, that dont need much time to implement but have effect on ingame-feeling.
Quote from himself :I am lookin forward to buying it asap.

I hope the physics patch will come soon also and devs will have time to make some small detalic changes, that dont need much time to implement but have effect on ingame-feeling.

Erm. i gotta disagree, remember that everything the dev's change has got to be tested and tested and tested, (it might need some testing too). and that takes time. aside from that, it's a pretty complicated engine and i should imagine that making one tiny change upsets the whole balance a bit. illepall

I'm no expert but i've been with LFS for 2 years and although it's a slow proccess, you'll learn to enjoy the updates, It was like christmas day when S2 came out, i stayed off work that day just to play it the moment it was released.

Don't worry too much about the licence thing, just make sure you buy one when you can afford one,
i think 'himself' has some valid points and i don't understand these "so buy gpl instead" answers.

lfs is a great game (the only simulation i am playing), but it lacks the feeling of driving a 490HP monster around a racetrack.
-
(ruckus37) DELETED by ruckus37 : 333
Quote from mrodgers :I've never played GPL

http://www.bhmotorsports.com/GPL/downloads/3239

It's not too late to try it. I tried it some months ago, it was kinda interesting to play it for the first time and know that it was released 8 years ago. That demo is good, it has all the updated car models, textures etc. by the community in a easy out of the box install.

I agree also that LFS lacks the feeling being in a real race car. The biggest things are the sounds, not the way they're done but the way they're sounding. With a little tuning, adding some gearbox whine and little crackle-pop-clonk sounds and making new cockpits the feeling being in a real car would increase hugely.

ps. What comes to the dirt on mirrors and windscreens... I hate it because you can't see shit.

LFS lego chooo chooo train
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG