The online racing simulator
Overrated Games
(118 posts, started )
Overrated Games
I know we had some kind of this in a thread just some below.
But I somehow got the idea, and nothing and nobody could stop me doing this.

So what games do you think you are overrated?

For me, GATIV is way overrated, if you played any of the other 3D GTA parts you'll know what I mean, it just hasn't the GTA feeling. I know it has great gfx and a great damage model, but in GTAIV I just miss the feeling of a real GTA.

And now your overrated games please, kthxbai.
Quote from Stefani24 :I know we had some kind of this in a thread just some below.
But I somehow got the idea, and nothing and nobody could stop me doing this.

So what games do you think you are overrated?

For me, GATIV is way overrated, if you played any of the other 3D GTA parts you'll know what I mean, it just hasn't the GTA feeling. I know it has great gfx and a great damage model, but in GTAIV I just miss the feeling of a real GTA.

And now your overrated games please, kthxbai.

Personally I think it's as good as any GTA game, it has the violence, swearing, adult nature, the lot! I don't know what you mean by 'miss the feeling of a real GTA', the only thing I can imagine is that it is set in the present day (2008 to be precise) so it's all modern etc, rather than the 80's and 90's. Other than this I think it's a great game.
Quote from Danielw597 :Personally I think it's as good as any GTA game, it has the violence, swearing, adult nature, the lot! I don't know what you mean by 'miss the feeling of a real GTA', the only thing I can imagine is that it is set in the present day (2008 to be precise) so it's all modern etc, rather than the 80's and 90's. Other than this I think it's a great game.

I dont mean the time setting, it's just while playing the game you don't really get the GTA feeling, you know, the phyisics are too realistic for a gta game (thats my opinon, please don't shoot me), and while moving on foot, same thing, it's just not the same.

And now please don't let us go Off-Topic due to talking about GTAIV.
Quote from Stefani24 :I dont mean the time setting, it's just while playing the game you don't really get the GTA feeling, you know, the phyisics are too realistic for a gta game (thats my opinon, please don't shoot me), and while moving on foot, same thing, it's just not the same.

To keep it on topic .. I kinda can't really think of an over-rated game at the moment.
I understand where you're coming from about the realism, movement on foot can sometimes be anoying, such as taking a while to move a little bit, but the bike handling is probably my only downside to the game.
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
#5 - pipa
I actually enjoyed crysis, the only downsides were the alien level and it was too short.

Overrated game or games for me would be all nfs games till nfs porsche.
Oblivion IV: The Elder's Scrolls.

It's kind of good, really, the graphics are nice and the game-pl- ZZzzzzzzzZZzzZzz

ZzzzzZz

Zz
The game that is the most overratted to me is Halo 3. EVERYONE plays it, and I am really starting to love the race simulators more than all the war games. Halo 3 is kind of cool, but not that cool. Some people may disagree, but hey that's my opinion.

Quote: Sex is overrated, too. Our American nation always talks about it, and sadly, it has swallowed the lives of us. Why don't we talk about something better? Because, people can't accept that fact. Most people don't know what that is either. Fortunately, I do.
-
(simscube) DELETED by simscube
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :
Quote: Sex is overrated, too. Our American nation always talks about it, and sadly, it has swallowed the lives of us. Why don't we talk about something better? Because, people can't accept that fact. Most people don't know what that is either. Fortunately, I do.

that is the first time i agree with you
Quote from Stefani24 :I dont mean the time setting, it's just while playing the game you don't really get the GTA feeling, you know, the phyisics are too realistic for a gta game (thats my opinon, please don't shoot me), and while moving on foot, same thing, it's just not the same.

i disagree on most of that, since i like most of the things what made it more real, but i do hate some things like if you in a middle of a chase, and crash with little too big speed you fly from the window and roll on the ground. its real, but it annoys a lot. and i think it was little overrated, i got told you can rob almoust every house n'stuff but it really isnt that. and the health thing is stupid too, you need to find a place to eat every time you lose some health and sometimes you need to drive to the other side of the town to eat
i hate to say it, but fallout 3. I loved it but got over it so quickly, it didnt keep me interested enough to play it 50 times over like fallout 1 and 2 did. It almost felt like a really well done mod for oblivion. Not that i dont like it, but it got a lot of game of the year awards i think (or came close) and very high review scores. I dont think it lived up to the hype and expectation.
Fable 2, dull as ditchwater
Quote from danowat :Fable 2, dull as ditchwater

hopefully not, i enjoyed the first version a lot(played the story 6 times) and im gonna get fable2 as my next game
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
Overrated games? A certain racing sim springs to mind.
Maybe I just didnt "get" it, I struggle to get all Molyneux games, Black and White was the same, I didn't get that either.

Fable 2 just struck me as extremely twee
LFS

nah, just kidding.
Quote from Stefani24 :

I disagree. It's a great GTA game all round. I'm not sure if I would call it the best of the series, but it's pretty damn close.

What is a "real GTA" anyway? Just like there were people who didn't like the "feel" of San Andreas, there are people who don't like this installment for the same obscure reasons

Hmmm, overrated games... LFS?

EDIT: damn it, beaten by Mikkel^^
Quote from Mikkel Petersen :LFS

Shh, that might might offend some racing die-hards. :shhh:

As for me, the overrated game for me will be..... hmm, tough Q. Might aswell go for GTA IV too. most game webs gave it a ten. Ten = perfect game. Nah I don't think so. If it was a perfect game, I'll still be playing it 24/7 right now! :arge:
The two most overrated games I played recently were Fallout 3 and Bioshock
I'm half way through BioShock, I definietly don't think it's overated, I'm really enjoying it. I do have to agree with Halo as being overated, I remember when I got Halo 2 after everyone raving about it for ages, and I was like, 'What? Is this it?'. I genuinely got bored after two hours, and I went in totally thinking I would enjoy it.

I'm waiting for someone to say World of Warcraft, just so I can release my venom on them.
:wow:

....It's not like that meant anything....
Quote from obsolum :I disagree. It's a great GTA game all round. I'm not sure if I would call it the best of the series, but it's pretty damn close.

What is a "real GTA" anyway? Just like there were people who didn't like the "feel" of San Andreas, there are people who don't like this installment for the same obscure reasons

I know, but I liked the gtaIII trylogy way more than gtaiv. Maybe it's just me, but GTAIV doesnt really keep me carrying on playing, I just don't get that feel (I know, but man, it's very hard to describe) from a GTA. Maybe this has something to do with the lack of some good submissons, but it just doesn't keep me infront of my PS3

And to get back to topic, wow is another overrated game for me.
Final Fantasy 7 for me, I just don't see whats so good about it. I can't even be bothered to get off the 1st disc because it bored me so much. FF8 is a hell of of a lot better imo.
FarCry2, gfxs are good but the story and gameplay are so bad i think crysis is god compared to it.
MIDNIGHT CLUB and TRUE CRIME are the most overrated games ever.

Overrated Games
(118 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG