I'm never racing on a.. [rant]
(59 posts, closed, started )
Today I had some free time to race some LFS. I decided to race on the [FM] Oval Junkies because I respect the server and it's mature racers.

Unfortunately, this respect has gone away.

I was racing, it was about the 7th lap and I was in first. I was using chase view (third-person) and had no mirrors (because it was chase view). I went down low into the turn, and slowed down a little as to not spin. One of the [FM] guys runs into me. Just a little bump, nothing major. I was quick to say sorry and ect. However, he started a vote to ban me. And it was accepted, mostly by people WHO WEREN'T EVEN IN THE RACE.

A quick tip of advice: If you plan on using this server, prepare to get verbally harassed and such until you are banned. Good luck.
#2 - J@tko
TBH there's no way you can drive on the oval without mirrors.....
My quick tip: If you want to race at high speeds on an oval track very close to other cars, use your mirrors!
Everyone says this.

Make a modification for mirrors in third person view.
OK?
Quote from J@tko :TBH there's no way you can drive on the oval without mirrors.....

i can never had a wreck.
Third person view is the evil , end of thread
Setup a custom view in the same position as the chase cam, enable virtual mirrors, then configure some keys to look left and right when you need to.
#8 - G!NhO
DO NOT use chase view, only use that in arcade games...
Quote from G!NhO :DO NOT use chase view, only use that in arcade games...

Worst advice ever.
Quote from ToxicKlay :Today I had some free time to race some LFS. I decided to race on the [FM] Oval Junkies because I respect the server and it's mature racers.

I was racing, it was about the 7th lap and I was in first. I was using chase view (third-person) and had no mirrors (because it was chase view). I went down low into the turn, and slowed down a little as to not spin. One of the [FM] guys runs into me. Just a little bump, nothing major. I was quick to say sorry and ect. However, he started a vote to ban me. And it was accepted, mostly by people WHO WEREN'T EVEN IN THE RACE.

A quick tip of advice: If you plan on using this server, prepare to get verbally harassed and such until you are banned. Good luck.

How about.... REPORT THIS ON THE FM SERVER...

Besides, it's been said many times LFS Forum isn't the place to complain about a given team/being banned or what have you.
Quote from ToxicKlay :Today I had some free time to race some LFS. I decided to race on the [FM] Oval Junkies because I respect the server and it's mature racers.

Made my day... thank you
Firstly do not use chase cam, and there's no point in asking for it to have mirrors, hopefully it will disappear as an option from actual driving, as well as unrealistic custom views.

FM servers have a few issues, namely they're oval racing in LFS, which has ridiculous bump drafting single seaters and standing starts at the best of times. To add to the issue the majority (but not all) of racers on FM servers are clueless idiots who don't use mirrors, have no resemblance of driving standards and mostly struggle with standing starts. People like yourself are only on FM servers because you are incapable of driving cleanly and using your mirrors on servers which involve turning both ways.

FM operate very tightly, with lots of InSim nonsense. If you follow the rules you won't get banned, if you don't like it go somewhere else.
#14 - DeKo
i use RHD in LFS, always have done. last time i was on FM, i got told to leave because i was putting myself at a disatvantage by using RHD :|
Quote from J@tko :TBH there's no way you can drive on the oval without mirrors.....

really? then I can't drive
Quote from ajp71 :People like yourself are only on FM servers because you are incapable of driving cleanly and using your mirrors on servers which involve turning both ways.

Haha, that's the best thing I've read in a long time.

Unfortunately, I've been racing LFS S2 for about 3 years now, I've entered in a couple of events (I entered a XRT Oval contest a while back, and a Karting championship as well) and I'm perfectly capable of holding a steady line and driving cleanly.

Sadly, I don't believe you've ever raced with me marking your arguement useless as you've never seen me drive.

Have a nice day. Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.
Quote from ajp71 :hopefully it will disappear as an option from actual driving, as well as unrealistic custom views.

Custom views are only unrealistic if you put them in unrealistic positions. I like the custom views option because it is nice to be able to change the viewpoint so it suits your distance from your actual screen.
Quote from ToxicKlay :However, he started a vote to ban me. And it was accepted, mostly by people WHO WEREN'T EVEN IN THE RACE.

He was most likely one of the new FM guys that got recruited lately as he obviously didn't have admin. The FM guys are probably the best you'll come across and the friendliest. Just go in vent and report it to Failure, Benni, or anyone who is usually in there. Or wait out the ban for a couple of hours and report in the server.
Quote from Gills4life :Custom views are only unrealistic if you put them in unrealistic positions. I like the custom views option because it is nice to be able to change the viewpoint so it suits your distance from your actual screen.

Sorry if I didn't make it clear, I was talking about unrealistic views achievable with the custom view rather than branding all custom views unrealistic. Personally I'd like to get rid of the wheels view and have no separate custom view option, just the current cockpit view adjustable within realistic limits.

Quote :Unfortunately, I've been racing LFS S2 for about 3 years now, I've entered in a couple of events (I entered a XRT Oval contest a while back, and a Karting championship as well) and I'm perfectly capable of holding a steady line and driving cleanly.

You're a clean driver and have a 100% CTRA yellow flag ratio?
Quote from ajp71 :Sorry if I didn't make it clear, I was talking about unrealistic views achievable with the custom view rather than branding all custom views unrealistic. Personally I'd like to get rid of the wheels view and have no separate custom view option, just the current cockpit view adjustable within realistic limits.

You're a clean driver and have a 100% CTRA yellow flag ratio?

/fcv=yes
If the servers use this option then the people at fault are the users choosing these servers to race on.
If I ever race you ajp I will just change my plate to read CUSTOM V so you knew I drove with a custom view you didn't like, hopefully since you seem so upset about it you would be annoyed and distracted, that way it might gain me an advantage. I bet you would just spin off and crash in frustration if I could fit CUSTOM VIEW USING A GAMEPAD WITH AUTO CLUTCH onto my plates.
But forced cockpit view also stops custom view, which lots of people still use in (supposedly) realistic views that they can't get with cockpit view atm.

i know what you are meaning:
FM Members crash into you and its your fault. I have a lifetime ban on all FM Servers because i said to one FM member that he can only drive oval and nothing else..... and i know i am right

Keep cool and take a ride on another server, there are much better oval servers out there..... FM is only the most public.... and the worst
LoL next piece of advice from me

Race on AW's Oval server. I used to be an admin in their demo servers and i know the admins, and they are very fair people
Instead of trolling in the forums and moaning how bad they are, go into their forum, post a thread, and explain the situation.

Guess you haven't been around LFSForum after all, if you were, you'd know that these kinds of things aren't settled here, but in respective forums/sites.

If you want to race on the oval, with particular car, competitive guys, you have to respect their rules. You do it on the other servers, why wouldn't you do it on FM servers? The people who mainly moan about FM guys are those who haven't instantly been up to pace with em on their servers.

The most ridiculous move was coming here to post this in the first place. What are you trying to achieve, support? Gather an angry mob with torches? Think before you post, apply common sense where possible.
This thread is closed

(59 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG