The online racing simulator
[REQUEST] Layer to 'weather' advertising boards
Hi,

I'm changing the advertisement boards in LFS to carry logos from our team, and the league we run (the iTCC) and so on.

I've done that, but the boards look a little too new, too perfect.

So what I'd like to be able to do is to apply a 'weathering' effect to make the boards look a bit more real.

If any of you graphics guys could help out or point me in the right direction that would be great!

Thanks,

Joe Keaveney
post the .jpg of your boards
me & Joe were talking about this yesterday, and ideally we were hoping that someone who'd previously released a couple of real world advert packs or whatnot would consider making a layer based template, an overlay which when used with a fairly sterile looking logo on a plain background, would give the require realism and aged look that would be the finishing touch.

Without those touches it looks plain and fake, but with some grime & wear on them people would be able to make their own adverts that look actually realistic compared to what they'd make on their own.

I dunno if the guys who've done a few of these make each pack from scratch, or if they have transparent layers which save them time. If they'd be willing to release these, that'd be fantastic, im sure there are a few people who make these ad packs upon request, and just wondered if anyone would consider sharing their tools with the community.
whipped this up real quick, should work just fine
Attached images
ad weather.jpg

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG