The online racing simulator
Snow in LFS?
(42 posts, started )
Snow in LFS?
Someone's excited about the snow day...

Anyway, snow can be made in LFS: Download the snowpack, put knobbly tyres on and take a drive!
Haha, for some reason, I say this thread comming anyway.
#4 - pipa
Probably never gonna happen, but i would love to have snow ingame.
#5 - amp88
It depends on how it'll be used. If it's for a sort of Rally Pack (something that has been talked about before) with proper studded tyres on snow covered gravel then I'm all for it. If it's just a different weather condition (like dusk, daylight, rain, snow) then I don't think it makes sense on a tarmac track. I've seen some snow driving (Best Motoring driving Subarus, Evos and Skylines on snow and one of the Porsche engineers driving a 993 or 996 Carrera on a snowy Nurburgring) but I don't see it making for good racing.
Quote from pipa :Probably never gonna happen, but i would love to have snow ingame.

why you think that ... ??
not really suitable for a racing simulation.. they cancel it in real life if it snows..

would be fun.. but rain is enough..
Ye, just imagine the BF1 cuts Westhill in snow FATAL CRASH!
FATALITY in T1 20car pileup...
whot do you have against snow for example rally (we have rally x tracks) is driving in snow too but ofcourse no one ll drive a f1 in the snow
@ suggestion: wasn´t that suggested milion times before? :/
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Haha, for some reason, I say this thread comming anyway.

yes, was expecting an avalanche of replys...

but it seems to have frozen over to prevent more...

ill stop now.
Yes not sure about the snow unless as some1 said for rallying purposes not on Tarmac racing... Rain on the other hand i do think is a must see in LFS becuase it would make it so much more of a challenge and laying water on the ground
cmon, rfactor doesnt have much rain at all yet!!!
i hope there will be many types of wheather in final LFS...uncluding snow...
Quote from bavorak :i hope there will be many types of wheather in final LFS...uncluding snow...

Rain yes, snow no.

FlyTheMoon - I remember PGR4, because it had water and snow, and also when it was raining, some of the puddles would cause you to aquaplane. It was very realistic, if only the same could be said for the "handling" physics.
Snow....
Well it'd be not bad to have it in game, but I imagine it hard to mod, so a +/-0 from me here.
i'd do a good 3" of fluffy stuff.
Quote from chavm481 :i'd do a good 3" of fluffy stuff.

For rallying yes not tarmac racing....
i know for tarmac too
Quote from chavm481 :i know for tarmac too

Well i Know that there is alotof aggressive frivers out there on dry tarmac imagine what they would be like on snow EPIC FAIL
^exept me!!!!
Quote from chavm481 :^exept me!!!!

I'm not convinced regarding the equation your avatar implies :

Snow + Car = Crash

Crash * Post = Fail

Is that your car on the picture ?
First need rain... and that is completed, then snow

Snow in LFS?
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG